Label looking to gather best underground metal possible

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BarfintheIncision

Label looking to gather best underground metal possible

Post by BarfintheIncision » Thu March 31st, 2011, 5:06 pm

Steamroller Records is on the search for unsigned death/black metal/grindcore/brutal death metal/ etc... to come work with us and release some brutal metal albums into the world. We are working to legitimize our name by gathering the best bands we can, putting out high quality music/CD's, and booking good shows for our bands, along with promoting our bands as much as possible (of course). We are a brand new label currently putting out albums with GA natives Beeravore and Severed Faith as well working with Synapse Defect, Coathanger Abortion and more. We are in need of new talent.

Check out our site at www.thedeathmetalunion.com - click the Steamroller Records logo.

contact us on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS via the steamroller records page or Will Borneman or Josh Kemper
Lick my taint cheese.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Thu March 31st, 2011, 5:07 pm

Barf in the Incision :lol:

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu March 31st, 2011, 5:17 pm

GameFreac wrote:Barf in the Incision :lol:
Yeah. Rad.
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Fri April 1st, 2011, 1:47 am

GameFreac wrote:Barf in the Incision :lol:
Sweet name, dude.

BarfintheIncision

Post by BarfintheIncision » Sat April 2nd, 2011, 3:30 pm

lol. Thanks. It's the name of a song by my band Beeravore. Check us out if you're feeling frisky.
Lick my taint cheese.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue April 5th, 2011, 3:10 am

Synapse Defects is gay as fuck
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

krusherdestroyermachine

Post by krusherdestroyermachine » Mon July 18th, 2011, 5:38 pm

yeah synapse is lame, you should boot them

synap2012

Post by synap2012 » Tue July 19th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Yea down with Synapse......o- wait a min.... I play the drums for them :)

Glad to see the haters about!

I hope my music brings you great discomfort as it does so many in this world! 8)

See you on SAT WILL! This will be a killer show!

if any wants more reasons to hate, please go listen to the new shit and let me know in horrible detail how much you hate it! :)

www.reverbnation.com/synapsedefect
Last edited by synap2012 on Wed July 20th, 2011, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Wed July 20th, 2011, 8:33 am

Man, I'm sorry dude, but I can't get over how EDITED this music sounds, especially the drums... Someones good with pro tools

Mangled

Post by Mangled » Wed July 20th, 2011, 10:33 am

MaleficSounds wrote:Man, I'm sorry dude, but I can't get over how EDITED this music sounds, especially the drums... Someones good with pro tools

synap2012

Post by synap2012 » Wed July 20th, 2011, 10:55 am

How did you know we used Pro tools? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA JK

Having alot of time on your hands can make you productions very OCD like!

There are definitely more dynamics live and bits of swing aswell, but we work very hard to create the same sound on the CD live. I use a metronome live so anyone can take a video of any of our recent live shows and sync it up to the CD.

You might like some of the newer productions that will be coming out soon, its a bit more raw sound on the drums.

Thanks for your input!

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Thu July 21st, 2011, 8:33 am

MaleficSounds wrote:Man, I'm sorry dude, but I can't get over how EDITED this music sounds, especially the drums... Someones good with pro tools
you guys would benefit from a more organic sound , just plugging into amps and playing , sounds like you are running guitars into a pod and it takes all the heaviness out of it and comes across like 8 bit video game, while some people are into that sort of thing i don't think that's the sound you are going , while the whole faceless, tech death thing isn't my deal , my ears are familiar with what makes that sound , i think you also benefit from a more organic direction as that whole bandwagon is running it's course so separating from the pack would be advised from a marketing perspective

synap2012

Post by synap2012 » Thu July 21st, 2011, 7:44 pm

Hell yea bro, thanks for the input!

The guitars are recorded through 5150 w/tube screamer through a 57 into an avalon. The gain was set suuuper low, but it seems no matter how low I go on gain on gtrs, after the mastering session the gtrs loose that dynamic movement and get heated up, giving that sterile flat n crunchy feeling.

Once again I appreciate the folks who can give constructive criticism!

Odinson666

hmmm

Post by Odinson666 » Sat July 23rd, 2011, 8:53 pm

maybe different mic placement , even isolate the drums and just going for the room sound could work , you gotta think some of the best guitar sounds every recorded ... sabbath, zeppelin, pink floyd kept it simple no pro- tool just 4 inch tape , you can totally mix the heavy right out of it , another thought if you are dead set on pro-tools recording , is since you have as many tracks as you have hard drive space, triple track the guitars to thicken it up

synap2012

Post by synap2012 » Sun July 24th, 2011, 11:22 am

Dude I really like the sound of Tape, saturated the f@ck out of the even order harmonics!

Pink Floyd is still the shit!!!

Hey do not forget the Ted Nuggent era with Cliff Davies as the producer. great gtr tone's!!!! Cliff was a good friend of mine and a amazing producer/drummer!

Lets see here, all rhythm gtr's tracks were double tracked. some tracks re-amped through solid state neve knock off preamps (44v supply rail, bitchin head room) and some through the avalon 737.

I love recording gtr's, its probably the most subjective instrument to record, its frequency range is short but covers our spectrum of our hearing almost completely, running amuck all over the vocal frequencies :) and as each level of volumizing happens to get the overall product to industry level's, it changes the amount of dynamic movements and both the harmonics and the fundamental frequency of the amount of gain you saturated the gtr tone with.

Which usually translates by the end into a flat and fuzzy gtr sound if you apllied tooo much gain from the get go!

mybe the next time I am mixing some tracks I can send you some samples and give me some feedback on the gtr tone! That would be awesome!