LLHG & Strychnine

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

LEVELATLANTA

LLHG & Strychnine

Post by LEVELATLANTA » Tue May 24th, 2005, 8:44 pm

We are done in the studio and ready to duplicate the new LP "...Love Lost, Hate Gained..." for a late June or July release. You can check out the 2 promo tracks "Love Lost, Hate Gained" & "Strychnine" in streaming format at www.myspace.com/levelatlanta :twisted:

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed May 25th, 2005, 9:28 pm

where did you guys record?

LEVELATLANTA

Post by LEVELATLANTA » Thu May 26th, 2005, 7:51 am

BlazeTSU wrote:where did you guys record?
All songs were recorded, mixed and mastered at Ledbelly Sound Studios by Matt Washburn. If you are going to record TSU I would highly recommend giving him a call.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu May 26th, 2005, 11:44 pm

yeah matt has gotten extremely good in the last few years. i've actually recorded there twice before. once as the dark metal band Orcrist and we cut the first TSU demo there in 03 and matt did a great job with it.

i had a feeling that you guys recorded there. the songs had excellent quality and i knew that you guys had been ripped off once before by another studio that you spent lots of money for a lackluster product. didn't matt fix that recording for you as well?

a lot of people seem to hate matt and think he is hard to work with but i've always found him to be a lot of fun and a great engineer to work with. sure he is sarcastic and busts your nuts the whole time you are in the studio but thats half the fun to me.

LEVELATLANTA

Post by LEVELATLANTA » Fri May 27th, 2005, 8:31 am

BlazeTSU wrote:yeah matt has gotten extremely good in the last few years. i've actually recorded there twice before. once as the dark metal band Orcrist and we cut the first TSU demo there in 03 and matt did a great job with it.

i had a feeling that you guys recorded there. the songs had excellent quality and i knew that you guys had been ripped off once before by another studio that you spent lots of money for a lackluster product. didn't matt fix that recording for you as well?

a lot of people seem to hate matt and think he is hard to work with but i've always found him to be a lot of fun and a great engineer to work with. sure he is sarcastic and busts your nuts the whole time you are in the studio but thats half the fun to me.
We had to take the Icarus EP to him for remixing, a ton of editing and remastering of all tracks on that EP. To any band reading this, NEVER record at Southside Studios. You might as well light your hard earned money on fire and watch it burn.

Matt is about sarcastic a hell but we had a blast doing this album there. Just dish it out right back to him, he likes it. As far as him being hard to work with, if you don't do your homework before you get there (drummer especially) he will let you know and pound you relentlessly. I've heard of bands not recording there just because their drummer refuses to go because Matt hurts there feelings. I don't understand this at all after doing the whole album there. In the end his studio stays booked in advance and for months at a time for a reason.