Gear and Gear Fixin' Thread

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue March 20th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Nah, I've been busy and had to put it on the back burner for a little while... we're not really playing any local shows soon so it's not urgent.

I was looking at these Jensen MOD speakers as replacements... they're a lower wattage than what I currently have in the cab (32ohms @ 50w instead of 100w) but they're cheaper than getting the current speakers re-coned and the head I'm running is only 350watts @ 4ohms so if I replaced the 4 blown speakers with those that'd put my cab at 600watts @ 4ohms which may actually respond better... we'll see.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... nt-speaker

Neither Bakos nor Bailey could help me out and Atlanta Tube Amp apparently doesn't do repair or re-coning so I gotta keep looking. I've been meaning to take the speakers by Northwest and see if they can repair them instead of just re-cone (which should be significantly cheaper) but it's kinda out of my way so I haven't made it happen yet.

I'll def post what I come up with though.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu June 4th, 2015, 9:42 am

Been having intermittent issues with my 5150 head so I finally made an appointment with Jeff Bakos to look at it. What's his turn around time like?

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Mon June 22nd, 2015, 10:11 am

In case anyone was curious, Jeff Bakos' turnaround time was 2 weeks. He told me everything he found and everything he did and it sounds good. Cost was $100. I recommend him.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by melkor » Mon June 22nd, 2015, 6:33 pm

So what was it?
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -