DRAGONFORCE!

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun September 5th, 2004, 5:08 pm

lee is back for a few weeks from his new life in california and he introduced me to DRAGONFORCE!! all guitar players or power metal fans should check these guys out. i hate powermetal but this stuff is just too over the top to not fall in love with.....go check them out, do a google search or something!!!!!

you won't regret it

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun September 5th, 2004, 8:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-BlazeTSU+Sep 5 2004, 06:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlazeTSU @ Sep 5 2004, 06:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> lee is back for a few weeks from his new life in california and he introduced me to DRAGONFORCE!! all guitar players or power metal fans should check these guys out. i hate powermetal but this stuff is just too over the top to not fall in love with.....go check them out, do a google search or something!!!!!

you won't regret it [/quote]
Man, don't hate the power metal! Sure there's plenty of shit power metal but a lot of awesome stuff too - when it's done poorly it really sucks, but when done well it really smokes! I used to look down my nose at it during my death metal days but really appreciate the good stuff now.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun September 5th, 2004, 10:33 pm

We play a lot of them on the show, and get a quite few requests for them as well.

I wrote a review on their newest album ( <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/reviews.php?page=3' target='_blank'>http://www.wrekage.org/reviews.php?page=3</a> scroll down to it), it's definitely some of the fastest music I've ever heard in my life. Check out their website for some amazing video of thier guitarists pulling off those impossible solos you hear on the album.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Sun September 5th, 2004, 11:25 pm

I went an downloaded a song by them "Soldiers Of The Wasteland" . That lead is amazing. I wish I could say alot about the vocalists , but I would be lying. I can look past him to hear some more of those solos.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun September 5th, 2004, 11:49 pm

i think that the vocals make it! i mean, the guitar player is incredible, more then incredible but the vocals really solidify the equation to make them a great band.

and bob, i'm not really hating on powermetal. i just don't like most of it but there are a few really good power/fantasy metal bands out there.

and as for them being played alot on wrekage, i sadly must admit to listening to a song off a cd while you guys play power metal. B)

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon September 6th, 2004, 12:18 pm

My biggest complaint is about the vocalists in power metal, not enough deep voiced singers. The singers are usually weak and undynamic and the guitars are interchangable. :huh:

But hell don't listen to me, because I think alot of other styles all end up sounding the same. :wh4cky:

There seems to be 2 variations, the fantasy power metal like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian and Helloween. :m3t4l:

Then the others like Strativarious and well....I don't know any more because I don't really follow this too much.

But like I said it all ends up sounding like fast guitars and a nuts in a grinder vox. :lol: