New Introduction Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalfreak wrote:
I've been to Macon a few times (not for shows though). Not much there compared to Atlanta. Definitely make the drive up to Atlanta for shows, it'll be worth it! And welcome to the forums! \m/

Thanks! I keep meaning to, but full-time student stuff and day jobs usually keep me stuck here during all the good shows, haha.

Diana wrote:
Welcome, RAM! I, like Nelson Muntz, have never been to Macon, GA. Tell is about this zine! Smile

You're not missing much from Macon. It's full of old dilapidated buildings with nowhere to park. Razz

The zine's been fun, though! It's called Macon Metal even though it does stuff like punk and rock as well. My friend's the one who started it; I help him out by writing interviews and other small articles. I've actually spent most of today finishing up our latest one. Smile
Moloc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAM wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
I've been to Macon a few times (not for shows though). Not much there compared to Atlanta. Definitely make the drive up to Atlanta for shows, it'll be worth it! And welcome to the forums! \m/

Thanks! I keep meaning to, but full-time student stuff and day jobs usually keep me stuck here during all the good shows, haha.

Diana wrote:
Welcome, RAM! I, like Nelson Muntz, have never been to Macon, GA. Tell is about this zine! Smile

You're not missing much from Macon. It's full of old dilapidated buildings with nowhere to park. Razz

The zine's been fun, though! It's called Macon Metal even though it does stuff like punk and rock as well. My friend's the one who started it; I help him out by writing interviews and other small articles. I've actually spent most of today finishing up our latest one. Smile

You got a link?
RAM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moloc wrote:
You got a link?

We've got a blog/website here where I post the articles from each issue as the month goes on. Our first issue was quite the comedy of errors from our end and wasn't planned out half as well as we thought, so we're trying to be more organized now, haha.
Metalfreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAM wrote:
but full-time student stuff and day jobs usually keep me stuck here during all the good shows, haha.

I know the feeling. I'm in east bumfuck NM now and have to drive at least 3 hours to go see shows. I missed Cannibal Corpse & Behemoth last night because I had to go to work this morning. (didn't feel like pulling an all-nighter & being tired today lol)
elatihc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new here

I just moved to ATL a few months ago. Found the forum searching for concerts/venues etc. Hopefully will make it to a few in the near future.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
GeorgiaV8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. New to ATL, moved here a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how active the metal scene is around here, but Marduk last Wednesday was pretty sweet. Hoping to find some like-minded folks who don't run away if you put on an Unleashed record.
Moloc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marduk WAS really good.

A lot of metalheads hang out at The Earl in East Atlanta Village and at The Highlander in Midtown. There are a lot of great shows at 529 in EAV as well.

Welcome.
GeorgiaV8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Yeah, but I was really hoping for "Afrika". That song is easily my favorite on Frontschwein.

I found the Highlander already, went there on my own two or so times. Really awesome to have that in semi walking distance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AtlantaMetal Forum Index :: General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: