Withered new album finished

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

withered

Withered new album finished

Post by withered » Tue May 13th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Some of you may already be aware but I've neglected this forum for far too long now. So, here's the latest from WITHERED. . .

We've completed work on our 2nd full length "Folie Circulaire". It's due out on June 24th via Prosthetic records. It's got 10 tracks (8 songs + 2 interludes) and runs about 46 minutes. Our new bud Mark "Barney" Greenway of Napalm Death was gracious enough to contribute guest vocals on 2 of our songs. There is also a cover of Necrophobic's "Into Armageddon" closing out the record. It features some new incredible artwork from Paul Romano. The cover art is viewable on our myspace page (myspace.com/withered).

We're touring with THE OCEAN(ger), KYLESA, and LAIR OF THE MINOTAUR for the 2nd half of may to start promoting the new record. The last show with Withered will be at the masquerade on May 31st so check it out.

That's about it for now. . . Hope to see you guys out sometime.

Bitchin,
Mike
~WITHERED

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue May 13th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Dude that's awesome! Lookin forward to hearing the new record!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue May 13th, 2008, 2:01 pm

I cannot wait for the new record. I'm also going to do my best to make it out to the show since I love all 4 bands on the bill but it isn't looking too good :(

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 14th, 2008, 12:45 pm

withered kicks ass
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Mitch
WREKage Staff

Post by Mitch » Wed May 14th, 2008, 7:59 pm

cool, i'm looking forward to hearing it

JMincemoyer

Post by JMincemoyer » Mon June 2nd, 2008, 10:23 am

Listening to the new album right now. The band and Phillip Cope did an amazing job. Track four, "Gnosis Unveils," is incredible.

withered

Post by withered » Wed June 18th, 2008, 1:33 pm

John, thanks for the kind words and I'm stoked you're into that tune. We've always felt it would be the most challenging for the listener.

Also, I want to let everyone know that PROSTHETIC is shipping preorders as of yesterday. So, if anyone is able to support us and preorder directly from the label, that would rule.

We are doing a FREE CD release show on Sat. June 28th at Criminal Records in L5P (we play in the parking lot). It should kick off by 4PM. We're only playing material off the new album. It should be a good time and will help bring a chill to the summer heat. Come help us disturb the yuppie shopping fest by bringing everyone you know and hanging out for the show.

later,
MIKE

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Wed June 18th, 2008, 2:46 pm

im getting angrier by the seconds knowing i cant make a free show by such a badass band. i have to fucking work!

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Wed June 18th, 2008, 8:40 pm

slut rag wrote:im getting angrier by the seconds knowing i cant make a free show by such a badass band. i have to fucking work!
Me too.. I don't get off of work until 5.

Oh well. We play with Withered in the Forward to the Apocalypse fest. It'll be sweet.

withered

FOLIE CIRCULAIRE in stores NOW!!!

Post by withered » Tue June 24th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Hey Everyone,
Just a friendly reminder that our new album is out today. So, if you find yourself in a record store, think about picking it up. So far the reviews have been fantastic. If you're a fan of Black metal, melodic death metal, grindcore, and doom metal, you should really enjoy it. Of course, we'd sincerely appreciate any support we get from our friends here. Hopefully we'll see the lot of you out on saturday for the CD release show at Criminal Records.

Sweet,
Mike

Matt

Re: FOLIE CIRCULAIRE in stores NOW!!!

Post by Matt » Wed June 25th, 2008, 1:41 am

withered wrote:Hey Everyone,
Just a friendly reminder that our new album is out today. So, if you find yourself in a record store, think about picking it up. So far the reviews have been fantastic. If you're a fan of Black metal, melodic death metal, grindcore, and doom metal, you should really enjoy it. Of course, we'd sincerely appreciate any support we get from our friends here. Hopefully we'll see the lot of you out on saturday for the CD release show at Criminal Records.

Sweet,
Mike
will pick this up asap, probably before work tomorrow
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

withered

Post by withered » Wed June 25th, 2008, 11:04 am

Awesome. You rule, matt.

Hope to see you out on saturday

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed June 25th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Haven't picked this one up yet but is ordering straight from Prosthetic the most helpful method for you guys? Or should I just wait and buy it at a show?

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed June 25th, 2008, 2:56 pm

i picked it up yesterday and its killer-rad-badass!

sounds and looks amazing mike....kudos

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Thu June 26th, 2008, 11:34 am

http://www.theprp.com/reviews/withered.shtml

nice review, and any chance withered will make it over to athens for a show? i'd like to get the cd directly from y'all.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.