UNBLESSED RETURNS!?!

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

unblessed

UNBLESSED RETURNS!?!

Post by unblessed » Wed July 12th, 2006, 8:57 pm

So...I'm not sure if anyone on this thing was into the metal scene between 96 and 2001, but there was once a band called Unblessed that was proud to be apart of the Atlanta Death Metal Scene. If you were familiar with their music, then you know that it was brutal, and melodic, and uncompromised.

Unfortunately, do to dissagreements, and certain members moving to pursue careers that would actually pay the bills, Unblessed was...paused...in 2002.

Its 2006 now...I, Thomas Numprasong (Lead Guitarist, Vocalist, Lead Writer, Manager, the guy that set alot of shit up to keep the scene alive) returned to Atlanta in the middle of 2005. Disussions of reforming were not concluding with positive outcomes.

However, we have decided to release one song that we were never able to record. This song is above and beyond any of our old demos that some of you might or might not have. The drums have been reproduced using a program called Reason. Chris Luttig (Drummer/Lead Writer) and I worked hard to reproduce the exact drum lines that he wrote and played on this song using this program. No, its not a real drummer and yes it will sound like a real drummer. Adam Craighead (Rhythm guitarist/Writer) and I have been recording the guitar lines in my studio in Alpharetta. Its a fast and tricky song...so its gonna take a while to record it.

Why didn't Chris record the drums? Because he hasnt' played the drums since we...paused...Unblessed. It would take quite a while for him to be up to par again.

Where can I hear this new old song? You can't yet, because as I said before, it isn't fully recorded yet, but when it is done, it will be available at www.myspace.com/thomasnumprasong

Will Unblessed ever reform and participate in the domination of the Atlanta Death Scene? We hope so, but like I said, it's not looking good right now. Believe me, all of us would like nothing more than to get back on stage and reek musical havoc like we did before, but it's not that simple. Were older, we have jobs, and girls, and things are a little complex.

On behalf of Unblessed, I would like to thank all of the fans for supporting us through those years and I hope to one day participate in the deafening of your ear drums through the medium of catchy riffing, insane timing, fast and crazy ass drums, shredding solos, thunderous break downs, and of course, screaming in your face!!!

Thanks again,

Thomas Numprasong
Your band is as good as its weakest member.

Vyserith

Post by Vyserith » Wed July 12th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Hey Thomas! HELL FUCKING YEA THATS AWESOME NEWS!!! If you need a screamer/growler/whatever the hell else you are looking for... Let me know!! That would be sick as hell!

Harrison
oh fuck-off world i'll get you yet!

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu July 13th, 2006, 2:11 am

Unblessed was great, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding people to round out the group

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu July 13th, 2006, 3:50 am

wow this is pretty fucking worthy atlanta metal news.... how about a signs of dying, narcolepsy, exscruciate, reunions too

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu July 13th, 2006, 8:15 am

never heard of them but if Matt likes this band...they must be good!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Pat

Post by Pat » Thu July 13th, 2006, 10:20 am

Metalfreak wrote:... if Matt likes this band...they must be good!
nooooo way. i don't know about unblessed but matt is definitly not the highest authority in metal.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Thu July 13th, 2006, 1:43 pm

Pat wrote:
matt is definitly not the highest authority in metal.
Pei! My boy!! He speaks truth.

donny

Post by donny » Fri July 14th, 2006, 4:22 am

Pat wrote:
nooooo way. i don't know about unblessed but matt is definitly not the highest authority in metal.
settle down pork chop

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri July 14th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Hail the return of this most excellent band.

God of Brutality

Post by God of Brutality » Fri July 14th, 2006, 4:17 pm

Hell Yeah man, we used to play with you guys back in the day. This is Barry from Neuroblast. When you guys are ready lets start playing shows, the band Im playing with now is almost ready to start playing live. Keep up the good work.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri July 14th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Very cool news! I remember when y'all would stop by WREKage, back in the day....

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri July 14th, 2006, 9:09 pm

awesome.....welcome back

unblessed

Post by unblessed » Sat July 15th, 2006, 2:39 am

Wow!

It's really great to hear the responses to our some what of a return. All three of us were talking tonight about possibly releasing two or more songs on top of the one that is in the works. It's rather inspiring to hear your comments and we appreciate your support; No joke.

The other two songs will be from the time period of the first one (1999-2001). There is also a possibility of an entirely new song that Adam and I have already started. Much different, more orchestral, but still technical, melodic, and brutal.

To reply to some of the comments:

Yes Barry, I remember you and Neuroblast, we did some shows together and always had a blast. It's nice to hear that you are still keeping it alive today. I'm not too sure how soon we will be doing live shows or if we even will get to. Chris is just now starting to play his drums again at my house, and so far he has been over once; Time and schedules are a problem.

Paul, I do remember you as well, and our visits to WREK. Those were the days. Are you hosting the show now? Last I heard, Tim was the host.

Thanks again for the postive responses and we do hope to play for all of you again one day. I've thought about posting the old demos, 97 & 98 if anyone is interested, they will be high quality mp3's downloadable for free.

Cheers to you all for keeping the scene alive; You Rule!!!

-Thomas-
Your band is as good as its weakest member.

soulvoid

Hey Thomas

Post by soulvoid » Sun July 16th, 2006, 8:48 am

Thomas,
Wow , I never expected you guys to return. I thought I heard you moved to New York for culinary arts. I still have some of your demo stuff....Frozen Inbetween and some other one And Life Ends I beleive it was called. The last time I seen you guys I think you were 15 years old. Anyhow , glad to hear you have returned I would love to hear some new shit....let us know when you get it posted.

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Sun July 16th, 2006, 8:51 am

Also Thomas....there are 2 threads on Unblessed....

David