sybaritic demo

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

frozen

Post by frozen » Thu September 14th, 2006, 2:23 pm

If Zuzek is mixing it then you're in good hands. He's got a golden ear.[/quote]

That's what we heard...he's unfortunately very busy at the moment and it sucks for us, because we finished recording two months ago and by now we forgot how it sounds.
So we're hoping that everything will turn out alright.
Shawn did a badass job on the Waited demo (personally i think that the quality is better than a demo) - We're hoping that he'll be able to capture our sound as well.......

frozen

Post by frozen » Thu September 14th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Stachio wrote:I think I met one of the guys from Threat of Life. Nice guy. I didn't know they had a studio.

John doesn't have a studio - Mike L. (Waited) has all the equipment but not the actual recording studio...
So what happened was that John (Threat of Life) was nice enough to let us use his house for the recording of drums and guitars...
Thanks John!!!
And really, recording with Mike is almost painless - I highly recommend him to any local band - he'll give you a great sound!!!

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu September 14th, 2006, 2:48 pm

frozen wrote:If Zuzek is mixing it then you're in good hands. He's got a golden ear.
That's what we heard...he's unfortunately very busy at the moment and it sucks for us, because we finished recording two months ago and by now we forgot how it sounds.
So we're hoping that everything will turn out alright.
Shawn did a badass job on the Waited demo (personally i think that the quality is better than a demo) - We're hoping that he'll be able to capture our sound as well.......[/quote]

The funny thing is that my bands went through the EXACT same thing with Eyal while he was getting the Daath deal inked and recording the new Misery Index album. But the results were well worth the wait.

Anyway, while I can't speak to his production work ethic as I've never worked with him in such a capacity, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be happy with the final outcome.

Have you heard any of the Daughters of Mara material?
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

frozen

Post by frozen » Sat September 23rd, 2006, 1:34 am

funny how things work out dude.....
and yeah i checked out daughters of mara - they're not bad.....
i like the meaning behind it.

we're gonna start mastering the songs next week, so our demo should be finished by the time we play at the 10 high on the 17th.

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Sat September 23rd, 2006, 8:23 am

frozen wrote:funny how things work out dude.....

we're gonna start mastering the songs next week, so our demo should be finished by the time we play at the 10 high on the 17th.
I'll be standing at the door with my hand out. :lol:
----------------------------------

Vyserith

Post by Vyserith » Sat September 23rd, 2006, 12:34 pm

Can't wait guys! You fucking rocked out @ Meehans!
oh fuck-off world i'll get you yet!

frozen

Post by frozen » Sat September 23rd, 2006, 2:54 pm

Vyserith wrote:Can't wait guys! You fucking rocked out @ Meehans!
thanks man....i personally think we sucked ass though...
i watched the video and i think we succeeded in messing up each song, hahaha...but you never know how it's gonna turn out - and we had fun playing with all you guys...we'll try to get autumn aria to play a bunch of shows with us...those guys are badass, but they live in the middle of nowhere, so we think that they deserve to get shows in atlanta....

frozen

Post by frozen » Sat September 23rd, 2006, 2:56 pm

kfoll wrote:

and there will be a cd waiting for you!!!

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Sat September 23rd, 2006, 6:02 pm

frozen wrote:
kfoll wrote:

and there will be a cd waiting for you!!!
YAY!
----------------------------------

EmptyWords

Post by EmptyWords » Fri November 17th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Release is getting closer... probably sometime in the next couple weeks. but we will keep er'body posted... I kant wait to get those old shitty recordings off our web site, soon we will have something that does us justice up there...

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri November 17th, 2006, 3:33 pm

Cool, be sure WREKage gets a copy.

Sorry I missed your show last night; I heard you were suddenly told to play at 7 instead of 7:30 and I was still outside. FWIW, Fernando from Moonspell gave y'all a shout-out at the end of the show -- it's pretty rare for a national act to make a point of mentioning the local opener.

EmptyWords

Post by EmptyWords » Fri November 17th, 2006, 7:17 pm

hell i didnt know that... i would love to have stayed but it was just soo irritating i had to leave... thanks for the info that was hella kool of them... their sound guy was still a dick tho...lol

You guys are first on the list for a copy. I know we have been crying wolf with this Ep release date for like 3 months but... this time its the real deal... we are going Sun to ok the final mix and should have the mastered copy by next week sometime... as soon as we get it back it will be posted on the myspace, replacing the horrid shit we have up there now... were gonna try and set up a release show somewhere but maybe not... like i said b4 we'll keep er'body posted....

frozen

Post by frozen » Mon November 20th, 2006, 3:27 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:Cool, be sure WREKage gets a copy.

Sorry I missed your show last night; I heard you were suddenly told to play at 7 instead of 7:30 and I was still outside. FWIW, Fernando from Moonspell gave y'all a shout-out at the end of the show -- it's pretty rare for a national act to make a point of mentioning the local opener.
are you serious? they gave us a shout-out? wow, i missed that...that's funny 'cause they treated us like shit and they gave us a real shitty sound...
Last edited by frozen on Tue November 21st, 2006, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Tue November 21st, 2006, 4:06 pm

Hey,I have never lisned to you guys before and I just went on your myspce and watched that video of you at the masq.
I like you guys alot,you remind me alot of Death and some earlyer death metal.

frozen

Post by frozen » Tue November 21st, 2006, 9:43 pm

Blarg! wrote:Hey,I have never lisned to you guys before and I just went on your myspce and watched that video of you at the masq.
I like you guys alot,you remind me alot of Death and some earlyer death metal.
thanks dude!!! which song did you watch?

our new demo is coming out soon and it sounds much much better than what we have on there...pretty soon we'll actually be able to book our own shows.........