ABWHORE!

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

ABWHORE!

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun March 11th, 2007, 10:30 am

well, the almighty ABWHORE have finally made their way into the 21st century and have put up a myspace page with 4 songs spanning their demo's.

a lot of you probably have never heard of ABWHORE but for those of us that have been around atlanta metal for the past ten years surely have.

go check out their page http://www.myspace.com/abwhore

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun March 11th, 2007, 12:59 pm

we need some cauldron born too.... :!:

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Sun March 11th, 2007, 3:34 pm

I remember seeing Abwhore at the Strand one time. They had this big elaborate intro to their set, complete with the band members wearing robes. Well, I suppose that right before the first song was to start, the band members were to remove the robes and go into the first song in a blaze of un-robed metal glory...well, in total Spinal Tap fashion...the guitar head wasn't plugged in! It was pretty funny. Hopefully I recalled that story right.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun March 11th, 2007, 7:31 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:I remember seeing Abwhore at the Strand one time. They had this big elaborate intro to their set, complete with the band members wearing robes. Well, I suppose that right before the first song was to start, the band members were to remove the robes and go into the first song in a blaze of un-robed metal glory...well, in total Spinal Tap fashion...the guitar head wasn't plugged in! It was pretty funny. Hopefully I recalled that story right.
yeah, thats pretty acurate.

they usually had one spinal tap moment at every show. the most common one was mike and zane finding a way to step on each others cables and unplug both instruments at the same time. the impressive part was that they always got the cables back in and somehow stayed together.

its hard to hold against them though since they were putting on elaborate shows with no money. just relying on friends for all the setup, acting, swordwelding, fire-blowing and blood drinking.

samsara

Post by samsara » Mon March 12th, 2007, 5:44 pm

Matt wrote:we need some cauldron born too.... :!:
FUCK YES! I take lessons from Howie.

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Mon March 12th, 2007, 5:57 pm

holy shit... i remember that venue-" the strand "

i was only like 12 or some shit at the time, but my staep-father is like one of those southern rockers and played there. i remember the place being very dark with like a disco ball (i dont know what the fuck you call them...mirrorballs?) hanging from the roof..and like some balcony that was fenced in.

where was that place again? and does it still exist?

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon March 12th, 2007, 10:30 pm

slut rag wrote:holy shit... i remember that venue-" the strand "

i was only like 12 or some shit at the time, but my staep-father is like one of those southern rockers and played there. i remember the place being very dark with like a disco ball (i dont know what the fuck you call them...mirrorballs?) hanging from the roof..and like some balcony that was fenced in.

where was that place again? and does it still exist?
its on the marietta square and yeah, its still there but totally empty. its basically a historical site.

and you would just call a disco ball....a.....DISCO BALL!

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Tue March 13th, 2007, 10:42 pm

discoball just looked fucking weird when i typed it...haha

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Tue March 27th, 2007, 2:19 am

Howie Bentley is the fucking man. Abwhore is good too. Cauldron Born played the Sawnee Center in Cumming once, and all the yokels were slackjawed.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri March 30th, 2007, 10:28 pm

Abwhore schmabwhore......gimme me some Oneflesh. :twisted: :P

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat March 31st, 2007, 2:33 pm

necroodin wrote:Howie Bentley is the fucking man. Abwhore is good too. Cauldron Born played the Sawnee Center in Cumming once, and all the yokels were slackjawed.
I was there, awesome show.