WORLD AGAINST WORLD and ORCRIST

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

WORLD AGAINST WORLD and ORCRIST

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 12:20 am

WORLD AGAINST WORLD, ORCRIST and then THE SOULS UNREST were all the same core group of people. WORLD AGAINST WORLD was total apocalyptic crust/doom. you can check it out at WORLD AGAINST WORLD

ORCRIST was basically the same people that later became THE SOULS UNREST. The band was kind of our little dirty black/dark metal secret around the turn of the century. We managed to have a pretty big buzz despite the fact that we played 3-4 shows a year. i just posted an ORCRIST track up on THE SOULS UNREST MYSPACE.

i'm sure that no one here remembers or even knows of either of these bands but i thought some of you might like them.

Veneror

Post by Veneror » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 7:50 am

MikeLindgren

Post by MikeLindgren » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 9:27 am

JASON FUCKING KELLY IS THE FUCKING SHIT. He needs to give up this southern rock sillyness and go back to punk/metal. Spudgun rocked my world.

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 10:53 am

I remember World Against World from back in the day. Saw them in Jacksonville, probably in 97 or 98. Blaze, correct me if i'm wrong, but was once of the members of this band also in a punk band called Spudgun?

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 10:54 am

Hah, well i should have read mike's post.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 3:13 pm

Wow, I haven't heard anyone mention those guys in years. I saw World Against World play a show at a public library (no joke...a real public library) in Petal, MS when I was in highschool. Whoever had them play had never even heard of them before and booked the show only knowing about a gay ska band called Squad 5-0 that was on their label at the time. WAW played in complete darkness with only an intermittent strobe. The dorks that were "in charge" of the library freaked out and cut the power after only about ten minutes. I left with a t-shirt before the ska ensued. That was one of the more memorable shows of my life.

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 3:18 pm

Talk about a blast from the past. I remember the singer having a chicken bone sticking out of one of his dreadlocks. These dudes were true crust.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu March 22nd, 2007, 11:45 pm

Vince wrote:I remember World Against World from back in the day. Saw them in Jacksonville, probably in 97 or 98. Blaze, correct me if i'm wrong, but was once of the members of this band also in a punk band called Spudgun?
yeah, WAW was the same lineup as SPUDGUN save the drummer....and the later addition of Melanie Weaver on keyboards.

ORCRIST was the same members save a new drummer and me playing guitar.

THE SOULS UNREST started as the same members as ORCRIST shuffled around a little bit.

Wow, I haven't heard anyone mention those guys in years. I saw World Against World play a show at a public library (no joke...a real public library) in Petal, MS when I was in highschool. Whoever had them play had never even heard of them before and booked the show only knowing about a gay ska band called Squad 5-0 that was on their label at the time. WAW played in complete darkness with only an intermittent strobe. The dorks that were "in charge" of the library freaked out and cut the power after only about ten minutes. I left with a t-shirt before the ska ensued. That was one of the more memorable shows of my life.
this happend to them all the damn time. WAW could hardly play show b/c people would cut the power during the second or third song.
Talk about a blast from the past. I remember the singer having a chicken bone sticking out of one of his dreadlocks. These dudes were true crust.
yeah, jason, josh and melanie all had tons of bones sticking out of their dreads. actually there is no telling what kind of bone it was. we used to gather roadkill and boil it or throw it in antbeds to clean them and then they would put it in their hair along with bolts and various other things that stick in dreads.
JASON FUCKING KELLY IS THE FUCKING SHIT. He needs to give up this southern rock sillyness and go back to punk/metal. Spudgun rocked my world.
AMEN! jason is the best frontman no one has ever seen. and he does a mean tattoo as well.

kamal

Post by kamal » Sat April 7th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Stop pimping you/your friends old bands, Blaze.

:x
ShorelessSkies.com

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Sun April 8th, 2007, 10:20 pm

kamal wrote:Stop pimping you/your friends old bands, Blaze.

:x

i'm pimpin you sucka!

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Mon April 9th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Isent anybody gonna start A funeral Doom band!?!?!???!??!