CAULDRON BORN

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat June 9th, 2007, 4:03 pm

samsara wrote:Well Howie already has all of the material written. He just needs to get it recorded. So it's not like he has to write another whole album.
You do music because you love to do it, right? Well if he really loves what he does then he won't need a petition. I have known lots of talented dudes who lock themselves away with there talent buried in the dirt , waiting on someone to notice how brilliant they are, and the day never comes. You have to get out there and bust your ass, and ultimately believe in yourself. He had an excellent outlet, and as far i'm concerned, pissed it all away. So what if he wasn't making money? We allknow there is ZERO money in this(and if you didn't know, accept it now). :lol:

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Sun June 10th, 2007, 8:51 am

Don't hate on the Howie. A good guy who does things on his own terms on his own schedule, and with a knack for instruction. I toke in his honor.

samsara

Post by samsara » Sun June 10th, 2007, 5:47 pm

Zane wrote:
samsara wrote:Well Howie already has all of the material written. He just needs to get it recorded. So it's not like he has to write another whole album.
You do music because you love to do it, right? Well if he really loves what he does then he won't need a petition. I have known lots of talented dudes who lock themselves away with there talent buried in the dirt , waiting on someone to notice how brilliant they are, and the day never comes. You have to get out there and bust your ass, and ultimately believe in yourself. He had an excellent outlet, and as far i'm concerned, pissed it all away. So what if he wasn't making money? We allknow there is ZERO money in this(and if you didn't know, accept it now). :lol:
Well, I believe he actually wants to make another album, it's really a matter of putting the ENTIRE band back together.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun June 17th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Next time you talk to him tell him Neal will play second guitar. He doesnt have a choice. I need to go speak with him in person i guess.

samsara

Post by samsara » Mon December 3rd, 2007, 6:26 pm

I'm bumping this because a record label called Stormspell Records is re-releasing the first Cauldron Born album, which has been out of print for quite a long time.

It's supposed to be available soon, check it out at http://stormspell.com/label/cauldron-born.html

The re-release is remixed and remastered, and includes a bonus track called Lucifer's Hammer, which is a Warlord cover that was recorded for a tribute album that was never released.

There's a player at the link which gives a good idea of what the album sounds like if you've never heard it (you will hear the original mix in the player). It's a great album in my opinion, a true metal classic. Anyway, just check that out if you are at all interested.

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Thu December 6th, 2007, 4:29 pm

I've got the original digi =)

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri December 7th, 2007, 11:09 pm

born of the cauldronnnn
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!