Unblessed update 5/10/07

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

unblessed

Unblessed update 5/10/07

Post by unblessed » Thu May 10th, 2007, 11:27 pm

So...basically...Chris (the drummer) is going to attend Medical School pretty soon in New Orleans so...there will not be any shows or anything like that anytime soon...or maybe ever.

However, we have discussed continuing the writing process online. Files being emailed or down/uploaded periodically; you know how that works.

For now what I have to offer is a demo song of an old song written in...2000 I think. Anyway as of now it is in digital form with the exception of the solos. Chris was coming over once a week to play his drums and practice this song but since he is leaving within the month, he won't be good enough to actually play it and record it yet, so the drums are programmed. The riffs are also programmed due to limited time to relearn them and master them again but I do plan on recording them pretty soon. The solos as mentioned before are the only things I actually played; just some improv stuff. Why would I release a digital version of a song that will eventually be played? Because I don't know when I will actually have the time to record them and I wanted to at least share what has been done so far. Okay!

In addition to the many Unblessed songs that have been written, are in the process of being written, and of course have not yet been recorded, I also have a slew of my own personal songs. Some of these songs have been recorded since 2003 and I'm just too much of a perfectionist to release any of them until they sound professional to me. However, I have picked some of them to share with you today because like I said, I don't know when I will actually get to mix/re-record them properly and I'm not sure if I will ever like any of them even if i do. Mixing and mastering to me is harder than writing.

So anyway, since this is way to long already, if you go to www.unblessed.org/demos you will find a "new" Unblessed song called "Unblessed Heavy Song 2 Master 2" as well as my Battery cover called "Battery", which isn't finished yet, a song in which I sampled the movie Kung Fu Hustle called "KungFuMetal-03", and another song from my first demo in 2003, which was never released, called "Ironic Coincidence".

Feedback of course is welcomed. I personally have my own opinions of these songs as any person does, and I think that once the Unblessed song is recorded with at least real guitars, it will sound much better. The Kung Fu Metal song was written and recorded in about 4 hours so...it is what it is. The battery cover will be good when it's done, and the drums in Ironic Coincidence are obviously digital but I like the composition of the song as well as the riffs.

I apologize for the length of this but I hope you all enjoy at least one of these songs.

Stay Metal,

-Thomas-
Your band is as good as its weakest member.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun May 13th, 2007, 10:15 am

I'm downloading and saving right now...transfers are running realllly slowly, but I'll just blame the 'new' Comcast for it. :D

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu May 17th, 2007, 1:33 am

I remember hearing some stuff about Unblessed, then one of the guys sister(I think it was your sister Thomas) told me it was like Slipknot and I was just like uhh yeah ok.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 17th, 2007, 10:58 pm

ironic coincidence is pretty cool
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

unblessed

Post by unblessed » Thu May 17th, 2007, 11:49 pm

TheKshatriya: Yes, that was my sister. No, we do not sound like Slipknot.
Paul: I would also blame comcast.
Matt: Glad you like it; I also like it.

-Thomas-
Your band is as good as its weakest member.