Venues in GA

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Wed April 29th, 2009, 8:23 am

I want to see if there are some metal bands out there that are wanting to setup some shows around here with MALEFIC. If your hardcore DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS!!!! Looking for real metal bands to get shit going around here. I figured I'd post in this topic since we have all of the GA venues posted on here for a reference. If your interested just hit me up here or wherever (myspace, aim, PM). I'm tired of playing shows of the wrong crowd. what do they call that dance??? picking up nickels???? HAHAHAHA so gay.... :lol:

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon May 18th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Youre an idiot and The PS Warehouse.

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Thu May 21st, 2009, 8:22 am

TheKshatriya wrote:Youre an idiot and The PS Warehouse.
Don't have to be a dick my friend. Your an idiot for making such a dick comment.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Thu May 21st, 2009, 8:47 am

MaleficSounds wrote:I want to see if there are some metal bands out there that are wanting to setup some shows around here with MALEFIC. If your hardcore DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS!!!! Looking for real metal bands to get shit going around here. I figured I'd post in this topic since we have all of the GA venues posted on here for a reference. If your interested just hit me up here or wherever (myspace, aim, PM). I'm tired of playing shows of the wrong crowd. what do they call that dance??? picking up nickels???? HAHAHAHA so gay.... :lol:
From what little I have seen... I think those bands are being called metal to the point where avoiding that sort of thing might be pretty difficult unless you can set up a full show with hand picked bands. I have always enjoyed The Masq on certain nights. Sound issue aside, a fun place to play. Maybe just because I grew up seeing my fav bands play there and it is some self fulfillment to stand on the same stage(s). Don't know.

Not sure how you'd go about setting up a night's lineup at a club, but that is prolly the route you'd wanna go if you wanted to lineup bands of a specific subgenre.

My two cents. Might not be worth the two cents... but there it is.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/damnageband">DAMNAGE on Myspace</a>

Neither scene nor herd

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Thu May 21st, 2009, 6:26 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:Youre an idiot and The PS Warehouse.
What was that for, exactly?

CatalepticBurial

Post by CatalepticBurial » Tue May 26th, 2009, 7:30 pm

@tmosphere in grayson, prob one of the best sound equipped stages we've played at

Vhyle

Post by Vhyle » Tue May 26th, 2009, 9:44 pm

CatalepticBurial wrote:@tmosphere in grayson, prob one of the best sound equipped stages we've played at
Really? I know the guy who started that place, and I still haven't even been there.

CatalepticBurial

Post by CatalepticBurial » Wed May 27th, 2009, 8:17 am

Vhyle wrote:
CatalepticBurial wrote:@tmosphere in grayson, prob one of the best sound equipped stages we've played at
Really? I know the guy who started that place, and I still haven't even been there.
yea they have like a 60k sound system i heard, it sounds sick, and the bar is awesome they have projectors setup and lcd tvs, pool tables, just a really nice place

and hot ass shot girls! or waitresses whatever they are supposed to be haha

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Wed May 27th, 2009, 8:36 am

CatalepticBurial wrote:
Vhyle wrote:
yea they have like a 60k sound system i heard, it sounds sick, and the bar is awesome they have projectors setup and lcd tvs, pool tables, just a really nice place

and hot ass shot girls! or waitresses whatever they are supposed to be haha

Sweet we'll probably hitting that up.

CPrins

Post by CPrins » Wed May 27th, 2009, 3:11 pm

MaleficSounds wrote:I want to see if there are some metal bands out there that are wanting to setup some shows around here with MALEFIC. If your hardcore DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS!!!! Looking for real metal bands to get shit going around here. I figured I'd post in this topic since we have all of the GA venues posted on here for a reference. If your interested just hit me up here or wherever (myspace, aim, PM). I'm tired of playing shows of the wrong crowd. what do they call that dance??? picking up nickels???? HAHAHAHA so gay.... :lol:
If we ever find a drummer, Arktide would definitely want to play a show with you guys.

And "The Local" is a pretty nice venue from what I have heard. They seem to treat the bands that play really nicely although it is an 18+ venue.

MaleficSounds

Post by MaleficSounds » Wed May 27th, 2009, 4:21 pm

CPrins wrote:
If we ever find a drummer, Arktide would definitely want to play a show with you guys.

And "The Local" is a pretty nice venue from what I have heard. They seem to treat the bands that play really nicely although it is an 18+ venue.
well then come on dude get that shit rolling!!!

DrkLrdViper666

Post by DrkLrdViper666 » Thu June 11th, 2009, 12:19 am

I most definitely agreee about The Local dude! My band,The Velveeta Brothers, just played there last saturday night & that stage & sound system & that bad ass lighting, are as peter griffin would say "FREAKIN' SWEET!!!!" Oh & Atmosphere is fuckin'
awesome too!!! We just played there the first of last month!!! Oh & we're
playing there again next friday for "The Battle Of Ga." battle of the bands
contest from Bo Stylz entertainment (Bo w/ O.C.O.) w/ several other Metal bands!!! Btw, Atmosphere is in Loganville not grayson dude!
Great place & excellent sound system & a truly BAD ASS stage!!!!
We LOVED it! We can't wait to play there again next week!!!! :twisted:
The Dark Lord Of All Things Metal
& Lead Singer/Frontman www.I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/jimi.newton.9
www.myspace.com/darkevillordviper666