Atlanta's GNOSTIC: new songs, new bass, album out Feb. 2009

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

pitchfork_man

Atlanta's GNOSTIC: new songs, new bass, album out Feb. 2009

Post by pitchfork_man » Sat January 3rd, 2009, 9:29 am

javascript:emoticon(':twisted:')

hey everybody, this is Chris Baker from the band Gnostic (and Atheist) --

I wanted to start off wishing everybody a Happy New Year! 2009 brings a ton of news from our end of the world:

Atlanta's Technical Metal band GNOSTIC has signed with Seasons of Myst Records - album to be in stores worldwide February 2009.... featuring 10 songs and a special appearance by Kelly Shaefer in "Wall of Lies"......
"We put a lot of time and energy into these songs, are all very excited to finally deliver our music to the world!"

......5 NEW SONGS are on my page: www.myspace.com/pitchforker -- check it out and please leave a comment letting us know what you think of the stuff!

Other news:
.... a great new bass player (Welcome to the family JT!).... Gnostic lineup now includes: VOX - Kevin Freeman....GUITARS: Chris Baker and Sonny Carson....DRUMS- Steve Flynn... BASS- JT....

... tons of shows lined up this year with ATHEIST..... a series of shows planned with Atheist and Opeth for mid-2009 in Europe....

....Maryland Death Fest 2009 with Gnostic AND Atheist! - amazing show lineup this year, did you see all the kick-ass bands? (will be sold out fast this year, get ur tix asap!)

....new Atheist album in the works, quite unbelievably.... we have been writing and arranging the first new material since the early 1990s.... release anticipated by the end of this year....

.... more news to follow.....

javascript:emoticon(':D')

:twisted: :twisted:

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat January 3rd, 2009, 9:49 pm

Seasons of Myst ...is this different from Season of Mist? just wondering. btw you met me at Linda's for our dual b-day party a little over a year ago. and congrats on all the upcoming shows...that'll be one hell of a time!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Strange

Post by Strange » Mon January 5th, 2009, 3:44 pm

Hell yeah, man!

Glad you found a bass player and all is proceeding in accordance with the prophesy.

You should re-post this in the "General" section.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Thu August 27th, 2009, 8:27 am

JT is a helluva guy and I know he is having a blast playing with Gnostic and Atheist.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/damnageband">DAMNAGE on Myspace</a>

Neither scene nor herd