DAATH Banned By Disney !!!!

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

DAATH Banned By Disney !!!!

Post by mrjumping » Fri March 27th, 2009, 5:02 pm

LOLOLOL - I just copied and pasted from Blabbermouth:

Atlanta, Georgia extreme metallers DAATH, who will be hitting the road with DRAGONFORCE and CYNIC next month, have been banned from playing the House of Blues in Anaheim, California. The April 15 date will continue without DAATH who will rejoin the trek on April 17 in Boise, Idaho.

The House of Blues is owned by the Walt Disney Corporation and the venue must green-light all bands who are scheduled to perform there. DAATH was not approved to play the show for undisclosed reasons.

Commented DAATH guitarist Eyal Levi: "Apparently Disney doesn't like us very much. We don't know why, because they wouldn't tell us, but we know they don't."

He continued, "I'm not going to bother justifying ourselves in light of this. Only thing I can do is give a sincere apology to any of our fans who spent money to come and see us. We will be back in the area very soon, I promise."

The reunited lineup of the legendary Santa Barbara metal/punk rock hybrid SNOT recently claimed to have been "ejected from the December 20, 2008 show at the House Of Blues in Orlando, Florida" with MUDVAYNE and 10 YEARS because "everything about SNOT is offensive, including the name." SNOT said in a statement, "We did our best to comply with their requirements, including removing images from our MySpace profile, agreeing to not play certain songs, and providing 'them' a setlist for approval... Well... It wasn't good enough... We were rejected... Taken off the bill."

Walt Disney Corporation in 2007 cancelled The Black Tyranny Tour's (featuring MACHINE HEAD, among other bands) opening night in Anaheim, California with just two days notice.

The event was scheduled to take place at the House Of Blues venue on Disneyland property, but Disney representatives suddenly cancelled the concert after reviewing MACHINE HEAD's music and deeming them unsuitable to perform there, according to ChartAttack.com. Disney also cancelled the band's Orlando, Florida stop at the House Of Blues in Walt Disney World. The weird thing is that MACHINE HEAD have played the House Of Blues clubs in Anaheim and Orlando in the past without incident.

In an October 2007 interview with OrlandoSentinel.com, MACHINE HEAD frontman Robb Flynn stated about the alleged ban, "We were told that lyrics were deemed inflammatory, and our fans were deemed undesirable, that they [Disney] are phasing out metal shows, and we weren't going to be playing there. It was the promoter's call to cancel the show under pressure from Disney.

"This was opening night of our tour, and we were pretty bent because the show was being moved 70 miles away, and we had a day to let fans know about the change."

DAATH's new album, "The Concealers", is scheduled for release on April 20 in Europe and April 21 in the U.S. through Century Media Records (via a partnership with Roadrunner Records). The CD was produced and mixed by Jason Suecof and Mark Lewis (TRIVIUM, ALL THAT REMAINS, DEVILDRIVER).

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/daath.

GameFreac

Post by GameFreac » Fri March 27th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Promoters should just stop booking at that venue...this is like the 7th time this has happened

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat March 28th, 2009, 2:02 pm

GameFreac wrote:Promoters should just stop booking at that venue...this is like the 7th time this has happened
:shock:

what a bunch of assholes. I had no idea House of Blues were owned by Disney...I saw Emperor at a House of Blues. Reading all this, I'm surprised that didn't get cancelled. That is so stupid that they're phasing out metal shows.

this reminds me of the South Park episode about Disney and the Jonas Brothers...if you haven't seen it yet, you should! It's on On Demand still. In the words of Mickey Mouse, "Your music makes little girls' 'gineys tingle and when that happens, it makes me money!" :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun March 29th, 2009, 2:43 am

LOL, just watched that episode tonight on the DVR.

I'm surprised Comedy Central's Legal Dept. people let it fly.

Strange

Post by Strange » Mon March 30th, 2009, 10:04 am

So Mickey Mouse is talking to Donald Duck one day.

He tells Donald that he and Minnie are breaking up.

"Why?" Donald asks.

"Because," says Mickey, "the bitch is fucking Goofy!"

But seriously, sucks about the show, but being banned from a Disney property based solely on your music (as opposed to like sodomizing Snow White or something) is actually pretty cool.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Mon March 30th, 2009, 11:35 pm

Its definitely not something I expected

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue March 31st, 2009, 1:23 am

Strange wrote:So Mickey Mouse is talking to Donald Duck one day.

He tells Donald that he and Minnie are breaking up.

"Why?" Donald asks.

"Because," says Mickey, "the bitch is fucking Goofy!"
:lol: :lol:

But seriously, sucks about the show, but being banned from a Disney property based solely on your music (as opposed to like sodomizing Snow White or something) is actually pretty cool.
Hell, I'd use it for promotional purposes.

"DAATH -- a band SO metal, SO evil, SO...umm.....unDisneylike in some indefinible way...that they were
(cue Doug Bradley voiceover)

Banned By Disney!!"

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Tue March 31st, 2009, 3:56 am

There's something kindacool about the whole situation

and its gotten us lots of promo

Animal
Location: East Peoria, IL, USA(Yes, I'm a Yankee Blue Stater!)

Post by Animal » Fri April 17th, 2009, 4:08 am

Let's see, Disney bans metal bands because metal and its fans are "unacceptable", yet they have no problem with rap, which talks about selling drugs, shooting people, and "slappin' da ho's" all the time? Can anyone say "Hypocrisy"?

Of course Disney is basically MTV on training wheels anymore. I seriously doubt that any of Hanna Montana's or the Jonas Brothers' fans are gonna go see them at a House of Blues, considering that HOB stays open well past their fans' bedtime and none of their fans are old enough to drink.

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Fri April 17th, 2009, 5:52 pm

im pretty sure DISney doesnt like the JEWs...........that explains why they are not playing...........the jews...... :P

stalindrummer

Post by stalindrummer » Sat May 30th, 2009, 3:40 pm

nocommands wrote:im pretty sure DISney doesnt like the JEWs...........that explains why they are not playing...........the jews...... :P
Dude, just cuz eyal is a jew, and walt disney hated jews is no reason for them to ban daath..........your such a racist Adam! :wink:

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by mrjumping » Tue June 2nd, 2009, 12:15 pm

stalindrummer wrote:
nocommands wrote:im pretty sure DISney doesnt like the JEWs...........that explains why they are not playing...........the jews...... :P
Dude, just cuz eyal is a jew, and walt disney hated jews is no reason for them to ban daath..........your such a racist Adam! :wink:
we killed your god danny

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Thu June 11th, 2009, 12:03 pm

I actually saw WASP at that same venue in 2001. Either different management or they just don't have a problem with WASP for whatever reason.

sonsoftonatiuh

Post by sonsoftonatiuh » Tue June 16th, 2009, 9:28 am

didn't Mayhem play there recently? talk about hypocrisy if that is the case.
cunt punt

sonsoftonatiuh

wtf

Post by sonsoftonatiuh » Tue June 16th, 2009, 9:29 am

didn't Mayhem play there recently? talk about hypocrisy if that is the case.
cunt punt