Rate My Band

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

What do you think?

You Rock!!!!!!!!!!
31%
Your good at what you do but its not my style.
38%
You Suck!!!!!!!!!!
15%
I want to rip out your entrails for making me listen to this shit!!!!!!!!!
15%

Total votes: 13

Aphelion

Rate My Band

Post by Aphelion » Fri August 21st, 2009, 6:59 pm

This has just been a studio project so far but I just wanted to see what people would think of it. Its not rip off your face and kick an orphan metal but it picks up here and there. If you could Id also like to hear what you feel are the pros and cons to it as well. All info is appreciated.

http://www.myspace.com/ofwhatoncewas

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Fri August 21st, 2009, 7:13 pm

The music is cool as hell imo but I'm not to keen on the vocal style but then again I'm pretty biased towards garbled vocals ha. The vocals aren't bad though, just not my thing. :)
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Chaos

Post by Chaos » Sat August 22nd, 2009, 11:11 am

o great another opeth copy shit band fucker you

Aphelion

Post by Aphelion » Sun August 23rd, 2009, 2:23 pm

Lol Im not going to cry over negative feedback so keep it coming. Isnt it funny though that if you growl a bunch of meaningless bullshit into a mic through an entire show, play as fast as you can whether it has any substance or not, and pretty much sound like 3/4 the metal bands in atlanta then your ok and no one says "YOU SOUND LIKE EVERY FUCKING BODY ELSE!!!!!". But if you step a bit outside the box and maybe use an acoustic guitar or 2. Maybe even (God Forbid) use more than one effect on your guitar in a song (You know....... The ones other than distortion). And possibly even change it up and use some singing vocals to go along with it (with some growling here and there). People want to talk shit about you sounding like someone else lol. Funny. All the same though I will admit that there are a few places in the song The Four Pains of a Lost Soul that have a bit of an Opeth like feel (Though it was not Intentional). I do not believe however that any of our other songs do. BTW.......... Learn how to form a sentence fuck tard.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Sun August 23rd, 2009, 2:25 pm

Oh believe me, you can sound like everybody else playing fast and growling. The trick is playing loud and unintelligible enough to where no one can PROVE that you sound like everyone else.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/damnageband">DAMNAGE on Myspace</a>

Neither scene nor herd

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 24th, 2009, 12:47 am

Chaos wrote:o great another opeth copy shit band fucker you
Well, hell, if Chaos dislikes it, it's probably good. :lol:

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon August 24th, 2009, 8:12 am

Aphelion wrote:Lol Im not going to cry over negative feedback so keep it coming. Isnt it funny though that if you growl a bunch of meaningless bullshit into a mic through an entire show, play as fast as you can whether it has any substance or not, and pretty much sound like 3/4 the metal bands in atlanta then your ok and no one says "YOU SOUND LIKE EVERY FUCKING BODY ELSE!!!!!". But if you step a bit outside the box and maybe use an acoustic guitar or 2. Maybe even (God Forbid) use more than one effect on your guitar in a song (You know....... The ones other than distortion). And possibly even change it up and use some singing vocals to go along with it (with some growling here and there). People want to talk shit about you sounding like someone else lol. Funny. All the same though I will admit that there are a few places in the song The Four Pains of a Lost Soul that have a bit of an Opeth like feel (Though it was not Intentional). I do not believe however that any of our other songs do. BTW.......... Learn how to form a sentence fuck tard.

Don't say you're not going to cry about negative feedback and then start crying.

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Mon August 24th, 2009, 9:42 am

Aphelion wrote:Lol Im not going to cry over negative feedback so keep it coming. Isnt it funny though that if you growl a bunch of meaningless bullshit into a mic through an entire show, play as fast as you can whether it has any substance or not, and pretty much sound like 3/4 the metal bands in atlanta then your ok and no one says "YOU SOUND LIKE EVERY FUCKING BODY ELSE!!!!!". But if you step a bit outside the box and maybe use an acoustic guitar or 2. Maybe even (God Forbid) use more than one effect on your guitar in a song (You know....... The ones other than distortion). And possibly even change it up and use some singing vocals to go along with it (with some growling here and there). People want to talk shit about you sounding like someone else lol. Funny. All the same though I will admit that there are a few places in the song The Four Pains of a Lost Soul that have a bit of an Opeth like feel (Though it was not Intentional). I do not believe however that any of our other songs do. BTW.......... Learn how to form a sentence fuck tard.
Dude...Metal fans are the most picky,complaining,bitching fans out there of any music fans, but that's the way it is and we're all guilty of it to a certain extent. I think ur songs are good man. The truth is though, it just doesn't fucking matter what anybody thinks about ur band as long as ur having a great time playing. I took alot of criticism from going from playing death metal to melodic/prog metal band with a female singer. The bottom line is that u dig it and and put forth ur creativity into it so if they don't like that's cool, noone is forcing them to listen or go to the shows.

Acidic Consumption

Post by Acidic Consumption » Mon August 24th, 2009, 9:43 am

8) \m/

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon August 24th, 2009, 12:46 pm

Aphelion wrote: Isnt it funny though that if you growl a bunch of meaningless bullshit into a mic through an entire show, play as fast as you can whether it has any substance or not, and pretty much sound like 3/4 the metal bands in atlanta then your ok and no one says "YOU SOUND LIKE EVERY FUCKING BODY ELSE!!!!!"
Who are these 3/4 metal bands in Atlanta? I'm looking for more fast growly bands in the area.

Barry Clark

Post by Barry Clark » Mon August 24th, 2009, 12:59 pm

Acidic Consumption wrote:
Dude...Metal fans are the most picky,complaining,bitching fans out there of any music fans, but that's the way it is and we're all guilty of it to a certain extent. I think ur songs are good man. The truth is though, it just doesn't fucking matter what anybody thinks about ur band as long as ur having a great time playing. I took alot of criticism from going from playing death metal to melodic/prog metal band with a female singer. The bottom line is that u dig it and and put forth ur creativity into it so if they don't like that's cool, noone is forcing them to listen or go to the shows.
What he said.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/damnageband">DAMNAGE on Myspace</a>

Neither scene nor herd

Aphelion

LOL

Post by Aphelion » Mon August 24th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Sorry............ Sorry .............. That was crying a bit.............. I hate it when I get sand in my vagina. But hes still a fuck tard lol............. Oh and for amoebic dysentery. With a friend like Dan (Or especially if this is Dan)I know you have no problem finding fast growling bands lol....... Many words of wisdom have been spoken this day. Im going to go catch flies with chopsticks now.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Mon August 24th, 2009, 9:09 pm

SANDY VAGINAS!!! 8)
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue October 20th, 2009, 8:22 am

Aphelion wrote:growl a bunch of meaningless bullshit into a mic through an entire show, play as fast as you can
exactly
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Ceddy

Post by Ceddy » Sun November 29th, 2009, 9:13 pm

this is pretty good, but from the first song on that myspace, it gets really, REALLY close to Opeth. Try to keep going with whichever direction you want to go, but make it as yours as you possibly can.