Asrynth

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon November 29th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Hi, we are Asrynth a 3 piece from suburbian Atlanta, we are a technical death metal band and follow the influence of bands like Necrophagist, Opeth, Arsis, Children Of Bodom and numerous others. We are up on the wrekage site, but the songs on there is the old stuff from a year or so ago. We may be playing at swayzes sometime soon but nothing is certain yet. We are going to release our first Album sometime in early 2005 and I hope all of you will enjoy it. Most of our new music is composed of unorthodox time signatures, Guitar and bass unison runs, and alot of Guitar and bass shred solos, and more of the death metal growl. If you enjoy the technicality and shred (both guitar and bass) speed double bass drums, and odd time signatures all over the place. I think you may enjoy listening to us and the new album.

Just wanted to let you all know a little bit about us, hopefully in the months and years to come we can contribute sucessfully to the Atlanta Metal scene.

Thanks.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 29th, 2004, 7:20 pm

Sounds like something I'd like, I'll be looking forward to hearing some newer stuff soon.

Feel free to send us stuff to play when you have something ready.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon November 29th, 2004, 7:30 pm

We definately will, we are just having a bit of trouble getting the final tracks recorded but hopefully we will have the cd out as soon as possible.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue November 30th, 2004, 7:34 am

With those four bands listed as influences or "for fans of", I can't wait to hear the new stuff either!

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Wed December 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Indeed, We will definately send in the new Album A.S.A.P. We are going back into the studio this weekend to continue the recording process, hopefully we can have the finished product mixed and mastered before the new year.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri December 3rd, 2004, 2:47 pm

If you guys sound like you say you do, then we will be able to add to the real metal bands in Atlanta instead of more watered down black metal or death metal. I cant wait to hear you guys.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri December 3rd, 2004, 4:12 pm

That's right... you've set the bar awful high for yourselves, now you better deliver! :D

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri December 3rd, 2004, 4:21 pm

How similar/different does your new material sound from the tracks on the Pure Volume site?

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun December 5th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Nothing like it whatsoever, those songs were recorded over a year ago and reflect nothing of the new identity. April was one of the first epic songs we did when we were kind of in a Opethy mood, Black Metal Medley was a complete joke, and Three is a miniscule preview to a song off the new cd, which after that speeds up and goes into alot more technical stuff. In our new material we have tried to drift away from the dragged out chord progressions and letting everybody shred over it. to doing up tempo unisons in odd time signatures, and trying to take a giant step in technicality than the old stuff (April).

If any of you out there own the "Epitaph" CD you can tell what the rest of three sounds very much similar too, just listen to the track "Symbiotic In Theory". The crazy time signatures that they use in the intro and other riffs to that song are triats that we are trying to incorperate in our music. But yes, Three in its entirety sounds alot like Stabwound or Symbiotic In Theory.

But to answer your question, the purevolume previews sound nothing like the new songs on the cd, although we still enjoy them somehwhat, that is not where we are trying to take the song structure of our music.

Thanks for all of the support from you guys, We are going to work at a greuling pace to get some music out for you guys, I hope you all enjoy it and that we can contribute sucessfully to the Atlanta Metal Scene as many of the others have already done sucesfully before us. We have alot of great bands in this area, I enjoy, Kshatriya, Cernunnos, Ground:Xero, Daath, amoebic dysentery and many other locals in this little metal forum we have here. Pay little attention to the pure volume site because we dont do anything withit at all really.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun December 5th, 2004, 2:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Dec 3 2004, 09:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Dec 3 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> That's right... you've set the bar awful high for yourselves, now you better deliver! :D [/quote]
Well, by that I am just trying to let everyone know what we sound like generally and what we like to do compositionally with music. I hope we "deliver" with the new album, and that many of you enjoy it.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun December 5th, 2004, 2:55 pm

By the way wrekage was great last night, Great choice of songs on the playlist!

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue December 7th, 2004, 5:14 am

Don't thank us, thank our listeners. A stunning amount of last Friday's show, with a few notable exceptions, was driven by listener requests. Several listeners called in (before, say, 4am) to say it was one of the best WREKages they'd heard in years.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sun December 12th, 2004, 10:55 pm

When are you guys going to play? You seem to actually know what you are talking about musicaly... and i like that haha. We need to get some shows together as soon as you start playing.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon December 13th, 2004, 4:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Dec 13 2004, 03:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Dec 13 2004, 03:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> When are you guys going to play? You seem to actually know what you are talking about musicaly... and i like that haha. We need to get some shows together as soon as you start playing. [/quote]
We would love to, I love Kshatriya, Yes I myself am very interested in classical music and take the majority of my influence from Bach, pagannini, Palestrani and countless others. We would love to do a show with you guys, We are working on the new stuff and wil start playing probobly in January or Fabruary.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon September 5th, 2005, 2:08 am

play somewhere damnit