New guitarist in Atlanta wanting to reform my band

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Validane

New guitarist in Atlanta wanting to reform my band

Post by Validane » Thu February 10th, 2011, 3:03 am

Hi, guys. :) Found this awesome looking forum here and thought I'd give it a try since my luck hasn't really been working too well anywhere else. To start, my name's Tony, I'm a 20 year old technical/melodical deathcore guitarist of four years since last August. I've also been playing piano for 16 years ish, a couple of those aren't really official 'cause I was like three when I gained interest, lol. I want to reform my band To Kill a Hero(TKaH), originally created in Ocala, Florida. It got semi-successful what with the playing shows all and about Florida, that is until I had to move. :(

So, I'm looking for dedicated, serious, and committed musicians that have heavy chops and can keep up with my music, or are better than me! I really want that more than anything because I love learning from people. :) I'm easy to get along with and easily compliable. Willing to jam with just about anyone wanting to play death metal, technical/melodical deathcore, or just anything metal related and catchy. :) Here's a link to some of the demos I've written since my time away from the stage.

http://www.bandmix.com/validane

THe recordings are not incredibly professional, considering how mediocrely recorded they are, but they get the message across at least. :) If you're interested, and want to help me reform my band-- or hey! If you want me to join yours, I'm more than willing! I have a very acute ear, so send me anything you want me to learn, and if you're an established band, I'll probably have your set list down within two days, maybe three if it's super technical ;) Hope to hear from someone soon!
Hai, i liek kuntry and what is this?

Doomed Youth

Post by Doomed Youth » Thu February 10th, 2011, 6:19 pm

The Legend of Zelda remake rules.

Validane

Post by Validane » Thu February 10th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Doomed Youth wrote:The Legend of Zelda remake rules.
Thank you, sir. I love the fuck out of some Legend of Zelda. :) Gonna try to do Flute Boy's song and make a metal version of that.

-Edit-
I had to take the LoZ remake down to put up the newly recorded "Omnipotence" :( If anyone still wants to hear it, please message me. :)

slut rag

Post by slut rag » Thu February 10th, 2011, 11:34 pm

[quote="Validane"][quote="Doomed Youth"]The Legend of Zelda remake rules.[/quote]
Thank you, sir. I love the fuck out of some Legend of Zelda. :) Gonna try to do Flute Boy's song and make a metal version of that.

-Edit-
I had to take the LoZ remake down to put up the newly recorded "Omnipotence" :( If anyone still wants to hear it, please message me. :)[/quote]

welp, now i dont want to click on the link. woulda liked to have heard the LoZ remake.....

okay, im lying. i checked out the songs. you definitely have some chops but deathcore is just really lame to me. how many breakdowns can possibly exist?!

Validane

Post by Validane » Thu February 10th, 2011, 11:59 pm

slut rag wrote:
Validane wrote:
Doomed Youth wrote:The Legend of Zelda remake rules.

-Edit-
I had to take the LoZ remake down to put up the newly recorded "Omnipotence" :( If anyone still wants to hear it, please message me. :)
welp, now i dont want to click on the link. woulda liked to have heard the LoZ remake.....

okay, im lying. i checked out the songs. you definitely have some chops but deathcore is just really lame to me. how many breakdowns can possibly exist?!
Lols, I don't write 'breakdowns'. I honestly hate breakdowns. :( Though, I do enjoy taking a riff, and bringing out it's structure, if it's catchy and asymmetrical enough, or possibly patterned a certain way.. unless that's what you consider a breakdown! o.o; No, but seriously. x3 I like to write technical/melodical deathcore because it brings out the most of what musical theory has to offer, not just the usual and always typical diminished half-whole step, minor harmonic/aeoleon or hungarian mixup with a shitload of sweep arpeggios and rarely anything augmented. But, you gotta stick to the basics at some point, unless you're writing a whole song around a cadence... js. o:

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Fri February 11th, 2011, 7:33 pm

You can play your ass off. Metal/Deathcore is so not my thing, but I found I like it far better without the screamy good cop/bad cop vocals. Good luck.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Validane

Post by Validane » Fri February 11th, 2011, 7:37 pm

badcarburetor wrote:You can play your ass off. Metal/Deathcore is so not my thing, but I found I like it far better without the screamy good cop/bad cop vocals. Good luck.
Thank you so much for the kind words! ^^ I really hope I get somewhere with this forum. I've found a drummer, who was apparently the drummer for Slough Feg on their first five albums, and he has a bassist already ready to jam with me and bounce off ideas. :) I write all kinds of music, not necessarily limited to Technical/melodical deathcore. So hopefully I'll write something you could really get into. :)

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun February 13th, 2011, 12:45 am

Validane wrote:Thank you so much for the kind words! ^^ I really hope I get somewhere with this forum. I've found a drummer, who was apparently the drummer for Slough Feg on their first five albums,
:shock: nifty! :shock:
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Validane

Post by Validane » Sun February 13th, 2011, 12:46 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:
Validane wrote:Thank you so much for the kind words! ^^ I really hope I get somewhere with this forum. I've found a drummer, who was apparently the drummer for Slough Feg on their first five albums,
:shock: nifty! :shock:
Yeah, that's what I thought. o.o;

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sun February 13th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Just gonna repeat what pretty much everyone else has said...I generally think deathcore sucks, but holy shit, you can shred. Some of those tracks are really catchy. Good luck dude.

Validane

Post by Validane » Sun February 13th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Brian wrote:Just gonna repeat what pretty much everyone else has said...I generally think deathcore sucks, but holy shit, you can shred. Some of those tracks are really catchy. Good luck dude.
Thank you, sir. :) But need not to worry, my style changes quite often. xD

I just like playing harder stuff because it keeps my fingers busy, and my mind constantly moving.