new albums in 2005 for all Atlanta-area bands?

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Greg
WREKage Staff

new albums in 2005 for all Atlanta-area bands?

Post by Greg » Thu January 20th, 2005, 8:59 pm

I was thinking of adding a news item on the main Wrekage site listing any upcoming albums any of you guys are planning on putting out this year. The only ones I remember hearing about doing a new album are the boys from Daath, but I'm sure a lot of you other bands have some stuff in the works too.

I figured it would be easier to ask here than to dig up all of your individual emails, so if you want, make a post including your band name, album title, and anything else you want said about it and after a while I'll post it all on the Wrekage homepage.
Last edited by Greg on Mon May 9th, 2005, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cuntworm

Post by cuntworm » Sat January 22nd, 2005, 6:26 am

my industrial/black metal project "cuntworm" is coming out with our full length "aria des vampyr" in April. It will be released through Bloodbucket Productions (out of Canada) and should be released in the states and europe and few months after that.

"daughter of lust" will most likely have a MCD out this summer called "fornication of the dominant species". it will be more liking to our first demo only not as shitty sounding, nor as accessible sounding as our ep "angels, demons, or the endtimes".

also, "internal evisceration" finished a split with "primae noctis" that i have no idea when it is coming out...

that's about all i know of coming out from my neck of the woods....

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sat January 22nd, 2005, 9:46 am

the Knife Trade has a split with Through the Eyes of the Dead (from SC) coming out soon, spring at the latest on Lovelost Records. From Exile is going to be recording and self releasing an EP, possibly an album this year but I don't know any potential dates.
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue January 25th, 2005, 10:08 am

Amoebic Dysentery will have some sort of new album out before we play Maryland Deathfest, hopefully. It will be F'n Dan's album of the year, I'm sure. It's going to be mastered by Ray Charles and expect a few guest solos from the ghosts of Dimebag Darrell and Randy Rhodes.

withered

Post by withered » Wed January 26th, 2005, 5:22 pm

withered just completed mixing the last bit of our debut 7 song album "memento mori". It'll be about 36 minutes of music and will be released to the masses most likely mid summer this year. Descriptions of our music have been "blackened death/grind sludge" if that helps anyone out there. Downloads and all sorts of goodies, including updates on our album release & tour dates, are available at http://www.withered.net.

Mike

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat January 29th, 2005, 11:24 pm

Kshatriya is going to start recording some waht soon, so hopefully by late spring we will have something.

chokeslam

Chokeslam-Hillbilly

Post by chokeslam » Sun January 30th, 2005, 9:52 am

Chokeslam from Chattanooga, TN has a new album coming out this year entitled Hillbilly. Updates will be posted.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Sun January 30th, 2005, 1:20 pm

Asrynth will be releasing a new demo soon of some new tracks off the new album. The full length album "Isochronal Winds of Threnody" will be complete mid or late spring hopefully.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun January 30th, 2005, 11:34 pm

Thanks for all the responses so far, I'll put up an article by this friday with these posts in them.

Keep the news coming.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Mon January 31st, 2005, 11:47 am

From Exile is going to be recording a full LP this summer. It'll be a concept album and will greatly expand the range of their sound. The music has been planned but no lyrical theme yet. www.fromexile.com will have updates periodically
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

halcyonwayband@aol.com

Post by halcyonwayband@aol.com » Wed February 2nd, 2005, 11:03 pm

Halcyon Way will be releasing the full length "A Manifesto For Domination" by this summer. Should be 10-12 tracks and about an hour, depends on if we cut some songs or what. We've got the guitars, drums, and about half of the vocals recorded so far. Sound is like Dio meets In Flames meets Dream Theater. Melodic, hard, and progressive. www.halcyonway.com

Later....
Jon Bodan | Guitars | Halcyon Way
www.halcyonway.com

Oldmangloom25

Post by Oldmangloom25 » Fri February 11th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Ground:Xero should, i say SHOULD have a new full length in the spring.

Otis

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Sat February 12th, 2005, 5:40 am

I don't know if anyone on here considers us Atlanta area, considering we live 4 1/2 hours away from Atlanta, but...If we ever get our gear straight, Necromonica should have a demo out in a couple months. We're having issues with amplification of the bass kind.

mrjumping
AtlantaMetal Staff

Daath - The Hinderers

Post by mrjumping » Mon February 14th, 2005, 1:27 pm

You already mentioned us, but I wanted to just let you know that we've been keeping some logs of our progress at www.myspace.com/daath in the blog section.

Album should be finished by summer.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue February 15th, 2005, 1:28 pm

ok, I think I've got enough for a proper news item now, I'll add it later on today.

thanks everyone

EDIT - http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#127

let me know if anything listed is wrong and I'll fix it.