Apocalyptic Visions

discussions about Atlanta metal bands

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

justinm4bama

Apocalyptic Visions

Post by justinm4bama » Mon March 26th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Anything new going on with this band? I've seen them back in 2009 in Spartanburg, really cool live.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Mon March 26th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Not totally sure what their status is these days. When they do play now it's usually a last minute unannounced effort. There never seemed to be much of a favorable opinion on the board here about them, but I always thought they were a great live band. The two full lengths they had were pretty decent. The bass player is in Lestregus Nosferatus now also.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon March 26th, 2012, 3:21 pm

MS_39455 wrote:Not totally sure what their status is these days. When they do play now it's usually a last minute unannounced effort. There never seemed to be much of a favorable opinion on the board here about them, but I always thought they were a great live band. The two full lengths they had were pretty decent. The bass player is in Lestregus Nosferatus now also.
Yeah I always liked their stuff. I guess many on here don't like them because of their personalities. I only knew the singer but not the other dudes. When I was DJing at GA State still, I did a live interview with this band and I would ask a question expecting an answer that was at least a few sentences long but instead they said yes or no or something to that effect which made for a pretty bad interview! I think I did most of the talking. Some of them also kept messing with the equipment in the studio...that shit is expensive, don't touch it! Anyways, as far as their music goes, I thought it was pretty good and yes, their lives shows were always fun. Especially the one with those smelly ass crickets! hahaha that's something I'll never forget!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Anonymous

~~~~~~~~

Post by Anonymous » Sat March 31st, 2012, 3:20 pm

Oh, that's Great SIR !!

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Sat March 31st, 2012, 7:11 pm

They broke up.