New Royalty Rates May Kill US Internet Radio

discussion about metal on the web, this web site, and all things online.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Tue March 27th, 2007, 8:44 pm

holly wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
Greg wrote:
BoB wrote:
WREKage-Paul wrote:http://www.riaaradar.com/
Radio show hosts: I call on you to act on this! Do not play any riaa bands. Fuck it. This is metal, there's enough indie, underground material to keep your shows going. and be sure to report to CMJ etc. Tell the label reps who bully you to fuck off. Seriously, you're metal and you're college radio. You should be leading edge rebellion.
Back when Fn Dan was the one who reported to CMJ I used to love to be the one to stand in for him and talk to the label people when they'd get all pussy hurt over us not adding their awful linkin park clone bands to Wrekage.

I remember the heavy hitter guy asking me once why we didn't add Bloodsimple, I told him something along the lines of "we're a metal show, we think it sucks, our audience thinks it sucks, where's the confusion?"

I think he quit sending us stuff for a while. Either that or he just kept sending us the like 20 Bloodsimple promos we wound up getting before they became microwave fodder.
:lol: Yeah I get shitty metal (well, it's really not metal) all the time and they do get offended when I don't add whatever it is.

at least yesterday I got a bunch of stuff from Candlelight and most of it was worthwhile.
Candlelight packages are always nice to get because they send a ton of shit all at once and it almost never sucks.
Ditto for Willowtip. I don't think that label has ever signed a shitty band.