WREKage homepage

discussion about metal on the web, this web site, and all things online.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Tue July 6th, 2004, 11:17 pm

You've probably noticed the new homepage by now. I'd like to use that to splash some eye-candy linking to worthy info.

One thing that's always been cool about metal shows are the show flyers. They're kinda like a little sub-art section of the music scene. So if you've got some cool flyers for a show, etc, just send me the image and url and I'll gladly post them. I'll probably also add a link to see archived flyers from elsewhere on the site.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 8th, 2004, 10:10 am

It looks good, but sometimes when the page loads up a bunch of transparent white rectangles show up and cloud everything up.

Maybe it's just my browser or my busted ass computer... is this happening to anyone else?

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 8th, 2004, 9:44 pm

I assume you're using IE? Try Firefox - less security vulnerabilities anyway.

Yo bid - this seems to be a side-effect of the div/paragraph change that you implemented. Any ideas? just a weird IE issue?

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 8th, 2004, 9:46 pm

Yeah, IE.

It seems to happen mostly on the playlist and catalog pages. The top half of the page loads fine, then there is a big white rectangle in the middle of the page, then all the search boxes and buttons are at the bottom and you have to scroll way down to get to them.

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu July 8th, 2004, 10:03 pm

yeah, I see it too. I assume that you just started noticing it this week?

I don't have time right now but will back out the changes later and figure out a better soln.

thanks for pointing this out, and seriously do try a better browser. You may be surprised.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sat July 10th, 2004, 7:40 pm

Hey Bob, maybe you should have the news where the reviews are?

I'd say that upcoming shows and news are the two things that people should see first when the page loads up, rather than the reviews, so maybe the news should be up top with the upcoming shows?

I appreciate you putting the reviews up at the top of the page but I don't need my ego stroked that bad. :lol:

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat July 10th, 2004, 10:37 pm

In all honesty the reviews have been a far better read than the news content, thus the current layout. At some point the homepage will dynamically put the newest stuff at top, regardless of the type of content.

btw: I still need flyers! send em my way and they will be on the site's homepage.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 9th, 2004, 6:21 am

I get the "big white rectangle" problem on one computer here, but not both. And they're both running IE. :angry:
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon August 9th, 2004, 10:29 am

I think it has something to do with desktop/screen resolution.

The site looks fine on IE at the computers at Tech, but they're running at a higher resolution than my home pc I think. The one at home still gets the big white rectangles whenever I scroll over a link or picutre.

bid

Post by bid » Wed August 11th, 2004, 3:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-WREKage-Paul+Aug 9 2004, 07:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WREKage-Paul @ Aug 9 2004, 07:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I get the "big white rectangle" problem on one computer here, but not both. And they're both running IE. :angry: [/quote]
What version are the IE? and send a screenshot.. I might be able to get it working.
bidyut

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed August 11th, 2004, 5:33 pm

It's that change you made awhile back to push the center div so that the footer is always at the bottom (of all 3 divs 'columns'). It's basically an IE glitch - go figure... I've been pondering workarounds (even thought awhile about going to tables! :3v1l: ) Instead I'm going to change the footer so that it's only a 'footer' for the middle div - not something that spans the entire browser. Actually, I'm working on a re-design - it's just been slow going...

bid

Post by bid » Thu August 12th, 2004, 1:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Aug 11 2004, 06:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Aug 11 2004, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's that change you made awhile back to push the center div so that the footer is always at the bottom (of all 3 divs 'columns'). It's basically an IE glitch - go figure... I've been pondering workarounds (even thought awhile about going to tables! :3v1l: ) Instead I'm going to change the footer so that it's only a 'footer' for the middle div - not something that spans the entire browser. Actually, I'm working on a re-design - it's just been slow going... [/quote]
Oh great. Now I know that there is a stupid IE browser out that that breaks my wonderful change. and I use it in so many websites. :FU: m&#036;
bidyut

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Thu September 2nd, 2004, 11:56 pm

On the first page of WREKage I get like a total grey wash whatever my mouse goes over. Its been doing since i started coming back to the sight. I use IE as well.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri September 3rd, 2004, 8:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-soulvoid+Sep 3 2004, 12:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soulvoid @ Sep 3 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> On the first page of WREKage I get like a total grey wash whatever my mouse goes over. Its been doing since i started coming back to the sight. I use IE as well. [/quote]
it's a feature B)

back to the original point of the thread: we need flyers! Flyers, cool pics, whatever - basically some eye candy. Email me.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri September 3rd, 2004, 1:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-soulvoid+Sep 3 2004, 12:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soulvoid &#064; Sep 3 2004, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> On the first page of WREKage I get like a total grey wash whatever my mouse goes over. Its been doing since i started coming back to the sight. I use IE as well. [/quote]
This should be resolved. Let me know if you still see any weirdness. If it doesn't work, hit reload on your browser.