Band Merchandise sites?

discussion about metal on the web, this web site, and all things online.

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue December 7th, 2004, 5:24 am

I was curious if where you guys shop for your band merchandise online? There are a few shops, but always looking for others with more items and shit. :b0unc3y:

Thanks.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Tue December 7th, 2004, 11:09 pm

i usually get merch from shows, it helps the bands out more and its a lot cheaper. Id rather pay $5-$10 a shirt instead of like $20-25. But the bands sites should have all their merch. Ebay is cool too.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed December 8th, 2004, 1:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Dec 7 2004, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Dec 7 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i usually get merch from shows, it helps the bands out more and its a lot cheaper. Id rather pay &#036;5-&#036;10 a shirt instead of like &#036;20-25. But the bands sites should have all their merch. Ebay is cool too. [/quote]
The only problem is with the overseas bands is if they have an online store on their website, the shipping and handling is about 30 bucks plus the price of the item. It gets expensive if you have an craving eye for what you see.

NP: Pantera-Drag The Waters :m3t4l:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed December 8th, 2004, 3:31 am

I'll buy merch at shows (when the bands will LET me, sheesh :)) to help support the bands, since that's often the best way to get money into their pockets directly. Yes, even the occasional &#036;30 shirt. I'm kinda lucky in that generally, I won't buy anything except a XXL, and most bands just don't make 'em. So, I don't drop tooooo much money on t-shirts. :)

I've occasionally gotten rarer merchandise on eBay, but I'm not anywhere near a power buyer or seller.

Lately, for t-shirts, my CD dealer friend Mike "Exploding Ned" P. has been carrying a lot of them, some of them pretty obscure or hard to find, and I've racked up quite a few from him at decent prices -- especially for imported shirts. His website isn't set up for direct ordering, but you can always email him with your want-list (CDs, shirts, etc.) DarkWolfen, he caters a lot to power-metal folks, so he might have stuff you'd like. You can always catch him at the bimonthly Atlanta Record show, too. Next one should be in mid-January.
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

boost

Post by boost » Thu January 19th, 2006, 12:38 am

just found this one when i did a quick msn search for the iron maiden watch: http://www.catacombscds.com pretty decent selection. i'm considering dropping about $50 on some shirts in a few moments

kshatriyaMC

Post by kshatriyaMC » Thu January 26th, 2006, 10:03 am

www.metaldisc.com has almost any cd you could want. takes forever to get your shit though
Order some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get outta this place alive...

www.myspace.com/kshatriyaband

fukrholestkhed

Post by fukrholestkhed » Wed February 1st, 2006, 3:44 pm

the end records has a decent webstore
play your gloom axe

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun April 23rd, 2006, 12:14 am

TheKshatriya wrote: i usually get merch from shows, it helps the bands out more and its a lot cheaper. Id rather pay $5-$10 a shirt instead of like $20-25. But the bands sites should have all their merch. Ebay is cool too.
i cant exactly get shirts of bands that dont play here or are from overseas.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon May 8th, 2006, 2:36 pm

fukrholestkhed wrote:the end records has a decent webstore
They're still my favorite online source, yep.
http://www.theendrecords.com
I tend to order CDs by the dozen, twice or three times a year. Free shipping, and -- at least so far, for me -- fast shipping.

For generally lighter fare (power and progressive metal and rock, plus psychedelia), The Laser's Edge is great -- http://www.lasercd.com . Both places have stocked, say, Ozric Tentacles in the past, though, so go figure. :)

Both of the above (plus 3 or 4 more) will be vendors at ProgPower USA in September. Initially, access is limited to Gold Badge holders and then to PPUSA ticket holders, but after a while the vendors' area (Vinyl, in front of Earthlink Live) is accessible right off the street. If it moves upstairs to The Loft, look for Deathgasm Records' mobile sales unit to be present as well. :D

I've also ordered stuff from http://www.darksymphonies.com , but not in a while....

For stuff that isn't too obscure, try http://www.deepdiscountcd.com for comparison. Since they have free shipping, it just boils down to who's cheapest.

soulvoid

CHEAP METAL SHIRTS!

Post by soulvoid » Sun May 28th, 2006, 4:12 pm

I foundone that is CHEAP as HELL! http://www.punkstuff.com
They have alot of OLD SCHOOL death and grind shirts in almost every size including 3 XL. I saw Bathory , Darkthone , and Carcass just to name a few. It only took like 2 weeks to get my stuff as well. I was extremely happy with them.