ATTN. BLACK METAL BANDS: YOU HATE CHRIST, WE GET IT ALREADY

This is the place to talk shit! its also where we flush the nonsense

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

kamal

Post by kamal » Sun February 4th, 2007, 5:38 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:
Pat wrote:
kamal wrote:There's seriously a band called Sauron? That's not even trying.
Yeah, pretty good too.
I'm pretty sure you can find Gorgoroth on that map!
Yep, Gorgoroth is the plateau in Mordor between the pass of Cirith Ungol and Barad-Dur, where Sauron's forces massed at the end of Return of the King. It isn't a name for Mount Doom....but as I mentioned on WREKage last night, Amon Amarth is "Mount Doom" in Sindarin Elvish.
Thanks for the correction. Didn't even notice the mistake until now.
ShorelessSkies.com

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon February 5th, 2007, 2:46 am

Hell, I learned something from my quick online map research...Ephel Duath was nowhere near where I thought it was; it was much further south, actually well south of Minas Tirith and Osgiliath. (Also a pretty good exteme metal band.)

It'd be fun to cobble up a playlist of Tolkien-inspired metal (of all genres), including bands, songs and albums that we deejays have access to, and see how long it would run on WREKage. :twisted:

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue February 6th, 2007, 11:06 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:Hell, I learned something from my quick online map research...Ephel Duath was nowhere near where I thought it was; it was much further south, actually well south of Minas Tirith and Osgiliath. (Also a pretty good exteme metal band.)

It'd be fun to cobble up a playlist of Tolkien-inspired metal (of all genres), including bands, songs and albums that we deejays have access to, and see how long it would run on WREKage. :twisted:
that would be awesome! you guys most likely have a better selection than I do...we should get together and do this!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Veneror

Re: ATTN. BLACK METAL BANDS: YOU HATE CHRIST, WE GET IT ALR

Post by Veneror » Wed February 21st, 2007, 12:15 pm

Greg wrote:Based on recent events in this thread, I figured I'd start a topic here just to see what happens.

Let me preface this by saying that I like black metal. I like the sound and the style and have played a good bit of it on the show in my time, and bands lke Emperor, Immortal and old Dissection are among my favorites. Lyrically I got bored with the whole FUCK CHRIST thing a long time ago, but luckily I can't understand a goddamn thing most black metal bands screech about in the first place so it's not an issue.

However, I find it absolutely hilarious that to this day there are people out there who think burning down churches because a black metal band told them so or playing with severed animal body parts or making threats on the internet to christian bands (see thread above) is somehow cool or remotely relevant to anything anymore. We get it already that you want to sodomize jesus christ with a whiffle ball bat. We get it already that you're oh so spooky and creepy and you want to live by yourself in the forest and write erotic D&D fanfiction. Put all the effort you spend playing with your My First Black Metal® makeup kit and stitching together railroad spikes onto your old soccer shinguards into making some decent music please? That whole fad passed a long, long time ago.
I'm not sure if part of the reason for you posting this was out of respect but either way I do appreciate it. Truth is, I'm understanding with the comments that were made over that thread whether they were made with respect to me or not. I could probably relate to their disgust with Christianity more closely than they would be willing to conceive and I don't hold it against them. Blaze can vouch for me on this and he's a pastor's son too. And in the end of it, I'm not using the title Holy anyways – it's something more personal than I could communicate to most people and it didn't take me long to realize that. I guess it was probably just easy for people to see it and think "oo, well there's one self-righteous bigot!" So you can stop feeling threatened now!

Veneror

Post by Veneror » Thu February 22nd, 2007, 8:56 am

And hopefully I'll get to know some of you on here

Blarg!

Post by Blarg! » Fri February 23rd, 2007, 7:30 pm

The only reason I dont like christian metal is because it tends to really suck

Veneror

Post by Veneror » Fri February 23rd, 2007, 9:03 pm

Metal is Metal. There's a lot of good Metal out there, there's a lot of Metal that sucks out there.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Sat February 20th, 2010, 10:59 am

I care about what a bands subject matter is but honestly it's secondary to how good the music is.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sat February 20th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Azrael wrote:I care about what a bands subject matter is but honestly it's secondary to how good the music is.
I don't care what it is usually. If it's too goofy or if one word is used 8000 times then chances are the song sucks (this goes for the words Satan, God, Jesus, dildo, death...you get the idea).

Usually better songs have better lyrics...they kind of go hand in hand but as far as what the song is about, I could give 2 shits about that! As long as it sounds good and the lyrics aren't written like a 4 year old wrote them, I'm good (Think: Frantic tic tic tic tock :lol: ) 8)

dirtypenis

Post by dirtypenis » Sun May 2nd, 2010, 4:56 am

FIRST OFF WHAT A GAY THREAD, IT'S FUNNY HOW MISUNDERSTOOD BM STILL IS. BM IS AS ABOUT SATANISM AS MUCH AS DEATH METAL OR THRASH METAL OR ANY SORT OF SATANIC THEMED MUSIC TRIES TO BE. BLACK METAL SEEMS TO ME TO BE BASED MORE AROUND BLACK MAGIC THAN TRADITIONAL METAL OR SATANISM. DERPITY DERP DERP. ALSO IT'S LIKE EUROPEAN AND SHIT, NOT SOUTHERN FRIED OR MIXED WITH DEATH ROCK OR WHATEVER STUPID TITLES PEOPLE TRY TO MIX IT WITH. somebody please just listen to Eld by Enslaved if you don't believe me.
SPERM BULLETS!!!

Kaganator

Post by Kaganator » Thu July 15th, 2010, 11:13 am

donny wrote:I like black metal . I dont like christian metal or christianity of any kind . I dont care if members worship the hippy or not thats their business . But so called threats are fucking lame . And that was the whole point
Same here

SadisticRitual

Post by SadisticRitual » Fri July 30th, 2010, 1:10 pm

Albert Kagan wrote:
donny wrote:I like black metal . I dont like christian metal or christianity of any kind . I dont care if members worship the hippy or not thats their business . But so called threats are fucking lame . And that was the whole point
Same here
FUCKING BULLSHIT ALBERT! YOU DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO HATING CHRISTIANS

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue August 3rd, 2010, 3:50 pm

SadisticRitual wrote:
Albert Kagan wrote:
Same here
FUCKING BULLSHIT ALBERT! YOU DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO HATING CHRISTIANS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!