Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

nocommands

Post by nocommands » Wed August 4th, 2010, 9:24 pm

http://www.myspace.com/thenightvisitors, even better than inc9

Rocks for sale kills

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed August 4th, 2010, 9:52 pm

I like the new press quote on Incarceri 9's myspace.

"BEST BAND IN THE WORLD" - Severed Faith

lsaldana

Post by lsaldana » Wed August 4th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
Kol wrote:i googled shredmonkey and came up with nothing about Jordan. If it is Jordan, it doesn't matter to me. This thread is meaningless. Was mildly entertaining at first.
The problem seems endemic. Google "Jordan Owen" and "Shredmonkey" and then you will see what badcarburetor was talking about. You know, like she said in her post.
!

why do I read this shit...

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed August 4th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Alright so this is getting kind of old, and even though the newest registered user is jordanowen42 and I anticipate a few posts over the next few days going claiming to not be shredmonkey, I saw this via the video that badcarburetor posted. Holy shit. You should stop arguing with us and get back to this guy, he rules.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ot-XSZJsa48&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ot-XSZJsa48&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jordanowen42

Post by jordanowen42 » Thu August 5th, 2010, 12:52 am

This is the actual Jordan Owen for once. I've watched this page from a distance, allowing Kol and others to do most of the work. Here's a few insights, which you may treat as pearls before swine if you like:

1. Shredmonkey was my nickname in high school and one that I have used from time to time but its not outside the realm of possibility that one of my old friends is using it for its relevance. As you may have noticed, I am happy to put my face and name alongside my opinions and have no problem doing so now. I make no further attempt to sway your opinion on this matter one way or another.

2. We have done things in our own way to support the Atlanta metal scene but you have spit on all of them. There is a group of interrelated bands represented on this forum who have fooled a few people- not the least of which is themselves- into thinking that they speak on behalf of the entirety of the Atlanta metal scene. We have no interest in being a part of this crowd and to say that our being from Atlanta is enough to demand that we supplicate is silly. If I weren't concerned about the Atlanta metal scene I wouldn't be making this lengthy statement and I am not about to jump through the degrading hoops of your demands to gain your approval. If I don't come to shows here in town it is because my schedule prevents me from going, assuming I wanted to see the band in the first place. If I do go, its entirely because I want to and not because I feel obliged to do so. I extend the same understanding to musicians in other bands who may or may not come out and hear me play: I want their genuine interest and support, not their cowering compliance.

3. A great deal of the sociological vomit that fills this page is from, or centers around, someone named Pat who was apparently at a show of ours and, for reasons only he knows, has felt the need to harass us on the internet for the many months since. That was the point I was making with my video: that there has to be something more to it than our music and Pat himself has admitted as much, saying he doesn't like our egos, especially mine. This is curious to me as he has gotten very upset over my public persona which, while a genuine part of who I am, is only a part of who I am and to become so strangely angered by it is about as sensible as having genuine hatred for a professional wrestler when he stomps into the ring, grimaces at the audience, and rips his shirt off.

4. This is the most important thing to glean from this statement, though I doubt many of you will: you are the ones who are hurting the local scene, not us. Your so called commitment to the Atlanta metal scene is a farce meant to coerce the naive into joining your gang as it tries to keep other kids off the slide, swings, and seesaw. You intimidate, bullyrag, and tear down not just the bands but the people who you disapprove of. I've looked over this forum and seen that this treatment is not unique to us. Indeed, you've taken on as your personal enemies many bands and musicians who rouse your ire. I have not personally wronged any of you yet you dig into my personal information, my earlier music, and everything else you can get your grubby little nubbies on simply to emasculate your deepest of enemies: me. And for what? For failing to kowtow to you and your scene? I've gigged regularly in this town for years and I can honestly say that if it weren't for my bass player posting on this forum, I would have never heard of it, Wreckage radio, the PS Warehouse, Malefic, or any of the rest of it. I plan to go on not hearing about any of it after this statement as well. Do I find all of this bizarre attention insulting? Certainly- the same way I'm insulted when people don't clean up their dog's shit from the sidewalk.

I have nothing to prove to any of you because my achievements and successes are too important to me to waste on the likes of you. I will leave you with this piece of advice: when someone in Incarceri 9 tells you that you sound like you're thirteen years old and you respond that you're an adult, some of you in your thirties and beyond, it doesn't help your position any.

The Jews have a word for you people: yenta. Mull over its meaning as you formulate your various responses, none of which will be answered or read.

Good day,
-Jordan

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Thu August 5th, 2010, 3:37 am

AND KNOWLEDGE IS HALF THE BATTLE
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Thu August 5th, 2010, 8:16 am

afuneraloffire89

Post by afuneraloffire89 » Thu August 5th, 2010, 11:50 am

Damn, you I9 guys are like Dr.Phil.
I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/SeveredFaith
Reverbnation.com/Beeravore

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Thu August 5th, 2010, 4:05 pm

If a "friend" was posting under my screen name/nick name I'd be more pissed about that than about a bunch of people I don't know dogging on my band.

Kol

Post by Kol » Thu August 5th, 2010, 7:30 pm

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdxRwjeW0BU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdxRwjeW0BU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

a better version of Hellgoat
Incarceri 9 Eternal
http://incarceri9.net

Pat

Post by Pat » Thu August 5th, 2010, 7:56 pm

...not even remotely clever

and that band demolishes the incarceri 9's

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu August 5th, 2010, 8:31 pm

So, it has been a long time since I have studied Latin, but isn't carcer a third declension noun? Shouldn't it be "In Carcerem"?

Latin nerds, help!

Kol

Post by Kol » Thu August 5th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Knucklehead wrote:So, it has been a long time since I have studied Latin, but isn't carcer a third declension noun? Shouldn't it be "In Carcerem"?

Latin nerds, help!
Carceri is an actual town in Italy. A sort of prison town. Plus I played D&D when younger, and Carceri is a place in the afterlife.
Incarceri 9 Eternal

Kol

Post by Kol » Thu August 5th, 2010, 8:40 pm

Pat wrote:...not even remotely clever

and that band demolishes the incarceri 9's
it's ok pat.
Incarceri 9 Eternal

afuneraloffire89

Post by afuneraloffire89 » Thu August 5th, 2010, 11:56 pm

Fuck I cant even explain how much I hate I9! It would make me feel better to take a shit on one of you. any takers? Kol? JordanOwens ,shredmonkey? whoever the fuck you are.....
I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS.com/SeveredFaith
Reverbnation.com/Beeravore