Interesting Statistics

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sat July 31st, 2004, 6:40 am

While Greg is going through playing his cover tunes segment, I thought I would look through some interesting statistics. Granted, these interesting tidbits are taken from the songs we have played since Septemeber 2003.

48.7% of all songs played are requests!

Top 5 Most Requested Bands:
1. Slayer (surprise, surprise)
2. Cradle of Filth
3. Opeth
4. Iced Earth
5. Nevermore

Of course, Slayer's being number one might be a tad bit skewed, but we still get asked for them a lot. Seeing Cradle of Filth at number 2, however, was a bit of a surprise. That's why I look this things up, you never know what you'll find! B) The high percentage of requests is also quite pleasing. :m3t4l:

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat July 31st, 2004, 10:53 pm

can you do the #s for Tim's ever-repeating playlist? talk about repetition...

(I think never-changing radio is what really caused the dude in the Shining to go berzerk)

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Sat July 31st, 2004, 11:27 pm

I think Tim is improving...slowly......ok, maybe really slowly........I think. We have been getting him to play requests, which has helped. Still, I think some bands could stand a week off.... (we made it through yesterday without playing any Therion! :3y3s: :D )

BoB

Post by BoB » Sun August 1st, 2004, 10:55 pm

We have been getting him to play requests, which has helped. Still, I think some bands could stand a week off....
Man, look at the playlist. It's not the same bands, it's the exact same songs! Ok, maybe not exact - sometimes they're spelled differently so they look like different songs in the playlists...

I don't have time right now, but I'll get some numbers later. The patterns are just jumping out all over the place. btw, people must be requesting the exact same stuff week after week. Perhaps, if that's true, someone should inject some judgement and steer things in a more interesting direction.

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 7:37 am

Here's the breakdown using the July30 selections as a base and using data between Jul30 2004 and Sep23 2003. The format goes like this: Band (song) - how many times he's played the exact song out of the number of times he's played that band - dates the exact song aired. Show me the improvement.

Sacred Reich (American Way) - not in playlist (it seems like I've heard it not long ago tho...)
Sepultura (Dead Embyronic Cells) - 3 of 6 - Feb 27, Sep 26
In Flames (Behind Space) - 1 of 2
Motorhead (Tales of Glory) - 4 of 6 - Jul2, Jun25, Jan9
Epicurean (Deviance of Horror) - 1 of 2
Hognutt (The one I used) - 3 of 4 - Jan30,Jan23
Sworn Enemy (Sworn Enemy) - 14 of 25 - Jul23,Jul16,Jun25.Apr16,etc (of 25, only 2 other songs played)
Clutch (Rats) - 5 of 14 - Jul2,Feb27,Feb6,Jan23
Children of Bodom (Warheart) - 1 of 2
Shadows Fall (Destroyer of Senses) - 4 of 4 - Jul16,Nov21,Nov14
Devil Driver (I Dreamed I Died) - 6 of 14 - Jul23,Jun25,Feb13,Jan23,Jan16 (of 14, only 3 other songs played)
Package (Instigator) - 9 of 9 - ....
Pantera (Cowboys from Hell) - 3 of 12 - oct (of 12, only 3 other songs played)
DRI (Go Die) - 1 of 6 (of 6, 3 other songs)
The Exploted (Punks not Dead) - 3 of 4 - Mar26,Nov28 (this has been played more)
Slipknot (The Blister Exists) - 3 of 4 - Jul23,Jul9
Killswitch Engage (When Darkness Falls) - 4 of 19 - Jul23,Jul16,Jul2 (of 19, only 2 other songs played)
Testament (Practice what you preach) - 1 of 14 (of 14, 4 other songs played)
Probot (Centuries of Sin) - 3 of 4 - Jun25,May28,Apr16
Stampin Ground (Behind the light) - 1 of 1

bid

Post by bid » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 7:47 am

tsk. Poor Tim. Getting picked on with no one to defend him.
bidyut

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 7:59 am

HURDCORE LIVES!!!!!!!! :sm0k3:

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 8:28 am

HURDCORE LIVES!!!!!!!!  :sm0k3:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Alright!

Hey, it's not like I'm keeping tabs or picking on anybody - the repitition kicks ya like a shot to the groin. week after week...

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 1:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bid+Aug 2 2004, 07:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bid @ Aug 2 2004, 07:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> tsk. Poor Tim. Getting picked on with no one to defend him. [/quote]
Does the old vampire have the internet or can't he run a LAN in his tomb. :lol:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 2:43 pm

I don't see Slayer on your list Bob.

What's wrong, you don't have enough time to type that out?

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 3:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-DarkWolfen+Aug 2 2004, 02:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkWolfen @ Aug 2 2004, 02:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-bid+Aug 2 2004, 07:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bid &#064; Aug 2 2004, 07:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> tsk. Poor Tim. Getting picked on with no one to defend him. [/quote]
Does the old vampire have the internet or can't he run a LAN in his tomb. :lol: [/quote]
Actually, Tim uses his time at the studio to check his email. Apparently, that's the only time he ever checks it.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed August 4th, 2004, 1:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 31 2004, 10:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob &#064; Jul 31 2004, 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> can you do the #s for Tim's ever-repeating playlist?&nbsp; talk about repetition...
can you do the #s for Tim's ever-repeating playlist?&nbsp; talk about repetition...
can you do the #s for Tim's ever-repeating playlist?&nbsp; talk about repetition...

(I think never-changing radio is what really caused the dude in the Shining to go berzerk) [/quote]
I sent Tim a request for Pantera's Domination and he played Cowboys from Hell instead. Least it wasn't Slayer's South Of Heaven or Reigning Blood. The guy should play something that's Slayer that is not those 2 songs. :3y3s:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Fri August 6th, 2004, 1:30 pm

You mean there is Slayer that isn't those two songs?

One week we should declare a moratorium on playing anything by Slayer... I predict about 50% less phone calls to the studio (or maybe 50% more calls asking what the fuck our problem is) and one very angry Tim.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 9th, 2004, 5:49 am

hehehehehe

Poor Tim.

And yeah, he uses his time at the station to check his email, because I refuse to allow him to check it here at the house. (Reason: at one time, Tim never met a pop-up window or an advert he wouldn't click on, and I got tired of unfreezing my machine, forced power-off shutdowns, spyware, malware, etc.)

In fairness to Tim, some of the bands he plays a lot of (like Pantera) have limited "safe" choices for airplay.

Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed August 11th, 2004, 8:40 am

<!--QuoteBegin-WREKage&#045;Paul+Aug 9 2004, 06:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WREKage&#045;Paul &#064; Aug 9 2004, 06:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->In fairness to Tim, some of the bands he plays a lot of (like Pantera) have limited "safe" choices for airplay.[/quote]
Pantera has a couple albums with a lot of foul-free songs. He could even go back to their phase1-poser days and play the glam shit (Diamond Darrell) (phase2 == Dimebag Darrell, tattooed bad boyz - still glam shit if you ask me just in a different wrapper/decade)

Besides, even if that were true I think that in all fairness there are a couple other metal bands out there that could be played instead of hearing the same clean song week after week....

More "unsafe" choices please. :wh4cky: :sm0k3: :3v1l:

btw Dan: you're not killing time, time is killing you.