The All Cover Segment

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 1:32 pm

I was in Savannah for the weekend, I went to sleep at 2 and woke up at 6am. Right during Mephisto and just before Greg's great cover tune madness part. I was lying in bed with it on, I was surprised how much I enjoyed hearing what band did what strange cover. :b0unc3y: The Light My Fire and the Pet Shop Boys songs were the strangest. That was a great idea. It was still good even without any of the Type O Negative covers (god knows they have alot). TON did a Light My Fire cover on a bootleg live album. But that Amorphis cover was the weirdest. :D

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 2:40 pm

Let me explain how it came about:

When I first got to the studio around 8:30 I had nothing ready to play because I was expecting to show up around 9:30 or so for the regular WREKage time and plan out what to play from there. I threw on the whole Cryptopsy None So Vile album to give me a little time to prepare, and I went and looked for some older cover songs of Stonehenge-type bands to play up until 10 p.m. when WREKage usually starts. While digging through all our old compilation/tribute albums on CD and vinyl I found all those cover songs I played plus a few more I didn't have time to get to. There were too many requests at the start of the show to get them in so I figured I'd wait and play them all in a row at the end.

That was probably a one-time thing, a weird end to a weird show. It was strange running the show from literally one 8 ft x 3 ft corner of the new studio with half of all the old gear working while all the new gear sat behind us getting worked on. Maybe it was because I heard it at 6 in the morning but I just completely lost it when I first heard that Amorphis cover of Light My Fire. :b0unc3y:

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon August 2nd, 2004, 3:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Aug 2 2004, 03:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Aug 2 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Maybe it was because I heard it at 6 in the morning but I just completely lost it when I first heard that Amorphis cover of Light My Fire. :b0unc3y: [/quote]
I can vouch for that! I was at the console, and all of a sudden I hear Greg giggling like a school girl in the football player's locker room. Sleep depravation does funny things to a person... :m3t4l: :ch33rs:

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Tue August 3rd, 2004, 12:44 am

The Trouble cover by Danzig, I didn't know was a real song by Elvis Presley. I had heard that song, but didn't know that. One review I remember said, "He's like Jim Morrison and Elvis Presley together." I just didn't know how much now. :3y3s: :P