Last minute addition to Live @ WREK: Withered!

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed August 25th, 2004, 2:07 pm

As I mentioned on the main site, <a href='http://www.wrekage.org/news.php#106' target='_blank'>here</a>, in a last minute addition, Withered is going to be playing Live @ WREK this upcoming Tuesday, August 31st. No band was scheduled, so I didn't want to let an opportunity go to waste! And the best part? Ground:Xero is still scheduled to play Live @ WREK the following Tuesday, September 7th! :m3t4l:

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon August 30th, 2004, 3:18 pm

Withered unfortunately have had to cancel their show. :( I decided to still use the date however. I first called Keith from Switch. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it either, but Keith refered me to Tim of Ill Mic. Apparently, they have a pretty decent following in Atlanta. I listened to some of their stuff online, and it didn't sound too bad. They're not really metal, more of a hard rock band, but it was either this or nothing. I'll try to get Withered another date, sometime hopefully in October.

BoB

Post by BoB » Mon August 30th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Thanks for getting (and keeping) these going, Dan. It's great that you guys are getting the station to pay attention to metal since non-WREKage WREK staff have had a long history of being metal bigots. I look forward to hearing the shows!

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Mon August 30th, 2004, 7:57 pm

Sigh. You won't hear Ill Mic tomorrow night either. Tim Collins just told me on the phone, that they're out too. Apparently their guitarist had something come up that he couldn't get out of. :3y3s:

However, metal will be on WREK tomorrow night. There is a new speciality show on Tuesdays, from 9pm - 10pm called Loud Smokey Room. It will feature bands that are playing live in Atlanta in the following week. I have already programmed Ground:Xero, Unearth, Lamb of God, and Dimmu Borgir (and I may add some Atreyu) for tomorrow night. Sheena is doing the show, but it was kinda given to her, even though she really wants to do something else. In other words, she really doesn't care what gets played. Hence, I'll probably be able to get a large amount of metal on the show, for the forseeable future.