new album review 9/23

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:06 pm

Those of you who know me personally know how much of a fan I am of CoF. I didn't expect much out of Damnation and a Day, since it was their first CD on a major label, but it totally delivered. Nymphetamine, their first CD on Roadrunner, is TERRIBLE! It seems as if someone at Roadrunner told them to not play fast songs anymore, because except for a couple tracks, this is full of long, slow mallcore love tunes. One thing I have always liked about Cradle of Filth is their penchant to have lots of blastbeats in their music. On this disc, there are virtually none, plus the bass drums sound like a cap gun firing. The only songs I like on here are "Gilded Cunt" and "Gabrielle." Simply put, if you have liked any of their previous albums, you might want to download Nymphetamine before blindly buying it, it's very different from all their other material.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>3 THUMBS DOWN</span>

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 1:51 pm

You should put this up on the website.

Normally I only bother to write a review for something I liked so it would be nice to have someone slamming something on there.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu September 23rd, 2004, 5:27 pm

Man, I didn't even make it through the last song. It's so boring...and I love all their other releases

Death

Post by Death » Mon October 18th, 2004, 11:04 am

COF is fuckin poser metal the vocals are the only fuckin good thing the music is bullshit in most songs. :3v1l: