Glenn Danzig knocked out in fight

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed July 7th, 2004, 8:56 pm

I found this on the Type O Negative message board, there is a link to the site where you can see the video of Glenn getting knocked out after altercation.

"DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night (July 3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever ? we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did ? and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

<a href='http://roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermou ... emID=24462' target='_blank'>http://roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermou ... D=24462</a>

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu July 8th, 2004, 10:04 am

That was some funny shit, we need to play a song this week to commemorate it.

Even though it's not that good a song, I was thinking "Blood And Tears" off the Danzig II: Lucifuge album was the best-named song to play. Anyone else got any ideas?

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Fri July 9th, 2004, 2:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Jul 8 2004, 10:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Jul 8 2004, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> That was some funny shit, we need to play a song this week to commemorate it.

Even though it's not that good a song, I was thinking "Blood And Tears" off the Danzig II: Lucifuge album was the best-named song to play. Anyone else got any ideas? [/quote]
Yeah that sounds pretty good.

BoB

Post by BoB » Wed August 4th, 2004, 11:15 am

Danzig's supposed to be here October 17th (no venue yet). Maybe they could setup something like a dunking-booth where you can put down &#036;5 or &#036;10 and punch Danzig in the face. I'd go to that... :punch:

other bands on the tour: Doyle, Mayhem, Death Angel, High on Fire and Devildriver. I'll post on the concerts page once a venue is selected.

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed August 4th, 2004, 11:58 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Aug 4 2004, 11:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Aug 4 2004, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Danzig's supposed to be here October 17th (no venue yet). Maybe they could setup something like a dunking-booth where you can put down &#036;5 or &#036;10 and punch Danzig in the face. I'd go to that... :punch:

other bands on the tour: Doyle, Mayhem, Death Angel, High on Fire and Devildriver. I'll post on the concerts page once a venue is selected. [/quote]
Dunk a dwarf for 10 dollars! :lol:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Mon August 9th, 2004, 6:24 am

<!--QuoteBegin-DarkWolfen+Aug 4 2004, 12:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkWolfen &#064; Aug 4 2004, 12:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-bob+Aug 4 2004, 11:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob &#064; Aug 4 2004, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Danzig's supposed to be here October 17th (no venue yet).&nbsp; Maybe they could setup something like a dunking-booth where you can put down &#036;5 or &#036;10 and punch Danzig in the face.&nbsp; I'd go to that...&nbsp; :punch:

other bands on the tour: Doyle, Mayhem, Death Angel, High on Fire and Devildriver.&nbsp; I'll post on the concerts page once a venue is selected. [/quote]
Dunk a dwarf for 10 dollars! :lol:[/quote]
I'm there!
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM