New WREKage policy

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

New WREKage policy

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sun January 30th, 2005, 1:53 pm

Taking a cue from Greg, all WREKage deejays will now pre-record their segments, and we'll hire some student-op to play them for us, so we won't have to deal with things like, an inch of ice on the roads. And an inch of ice on our cars. :twisted:

Okay, maybe not. But damned if it didn't take close to a half-hour for us to clear the ice off the vehicles at 6am, and then a slow -- VERY slow -- drive up I-85 crunching through the snow/sleet/whateverthatwas....

Sheesh. The things we do for metal, and for our listeners. :D

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sun January 30th, 2005, 11:36 pm

I'm disappointed the playlist wasn't filled with more Iced Earth songs... :P

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon January 31st, 2005, 7:41 am

Yeah and come to think of it there's been zero Ayreon on the playlists this year! Whats up did the listeners get tired of them from last year?

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed February 9th, 2005, 5:56 am

DarkWolfen wrote:Yeah and come to think of it there's been zero Ayreon on the playlists this year! Whats up did the listeners get tired of them from last year?
Haha, yeah, I just noticed that. We'll have to make amends this week or something. We -did- crank out two Ayreon songs on the New Year's Eve show, so at least we ended 2004 with a double-shot of Ayreon. :)

I'm still holding out hope for some sort of Ayreon action at ProgPower this year. But, not toooo likely. OTOH, right now, based on promoter Glenn Harveston's hints and comments, we're all wondering who the hell could be playing the festival that's bigger than Stratovarius' first US performance ever.... Ayreon? Demons and Wizards? Running Wild? Accept reunion show? :twisted:

Damn, Greg. Fuckin' Iced Earth. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of them during IceJam 2005. :D

I was thinking more in terms of song-titles and lyrics than bandnames, I guess.
"The Queen of Snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......"

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed February 9th, 2005, 12:54 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:OTOH, right now, based on promoter Glenn Harveston's hints and comments, we're all wondering who the hell could be playing the festival that's bigger than Stratovarius' first US performance ever....
A little birdy might have whisphered something in my ear......... ;)

VibrationsOfDoom

ice jam 2005...

Post by VibrationsOfDoom » Wed May 4th, 2005, 3:30 am

Personally, I'd MUCH rather there not be a WREKage show for one week, or a shortened one, than to hear some DJ got killed driving through the ice and snow trying to get to the studio...