make up your dream Wrekage playlist

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Andy

Post by Andy » Mon July 18th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Jinglepup wrote:I dont know what u meant about the previous genious idea, it sounded pretty dumb to me. But your idea,thats a great isea because then it would expose people to new shit by the same band they like.
Andy wrote:or as dark wolfen slaps on another genious idea, I suggest if youre going to play well known bands i.e. AT THE GATES, NAPALM DEATH, BLOODBATH etc.. have multiple releases by these bands set up so you can runoff a block of tracks from the band. either 2fer's or 3fer's that way some1 listening may hear a song by a band they like but not really the song theyd want played and chances are if the one in control had depthful knowledge of bands' discographies then sooner not later they'd get doses of metal fixes continously.
for example , try a block of dan swano music using releases from some of his different bands -

play a BLOODBATH song
goes into a track off the KARABOUDJAN release
and ends withq an EDGE of SANITY song
oh i was just goofin on wolfen man. my intentions were for sarcasm mixed with my prejudice of his individuality based on reading his posts of the past. I mean, I am a fan of TYPE O but I do not jerk off to that Playgirl issue dark boy has hidden under his dad's mattress

Andy

Post by Andy » Mon July 18th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Greg wrote:
Andy wrote:or as dark wolfen slaps on another genious idea, I suggest if youre going to play well known bands i.e. AT THE GATES, NAPALM DEATH, BLOODBATH etc.. have multiple releases by these bands set up so you can runoff a block of tracks from the band. either 2fer's or 3fer's that way some1 listening may hear a song by a band they like but not really the song theyd want played and chances are if the one in control had depthful knowledge of bands' discographies then sooner not later they'd get doses of metal fixes continously.
for example , try a block of dan swano music using releases from some of his different bands -

play a BLOODBATH song
goes into a track off the KARABOUDJAN release
and ends withq an EDGE of SANITY song
I actually had an idea to do something like that one night to play like the entire Emperor family tree except for Mortiis.

That's a good idea, I'll try to get something like that worked out soon.
ok, good. playing "the six degrees of separation" game just on SWANO and his contacts of bands alone, given you had access to those releases would probably air a total wrekage show, 6 hrs? cliched - ->the possibilities are endless. check out the http://metal-archives.com/ site for endless internet boring fun. fuck here's the man's link - http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=15

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Mon July 18th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Oh yeah you got me man, I had it laminated to keep its integrity. :P

If you heard Life is Killing Me, the band is peaked and are over, much like Dream Theater.

That's a good laugh, papi.
Andy wrote:oh i was just goofin on wolfen man. my intentions were for sarcasm mixed with my prejudice of his individuality based on reading his posts of the past. I mean, I am a fan of TYPE O but I do not jerk off to that Playgirl issue dark boy has hidden under his dad's mattress

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri August 5th, 2005, 4:11 am

Greg wrote: I actually had an idea to do something like that one night to play like the entire Emperor family tree except for Mortiis.
Awww, where's the Mortiis love? :)

You could play the Emperor family tree stuff right before 6am...amd then 'segue' into automation at the end of the show with something offbeat from Mortis. :twisted: