How do you get played on wreckage?

discuss the radio show WREKage

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, WREKage Staff

Vyserith

How do you get played on wreckage?

Post by Vyserith » Tue October 11th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Hey! I was wondering what is the criteria to get air time on wreckage?... is it one of the people have to like your music?... suck one of them off?... what is it? Just want to know! Thanks
oh fuck-off world i'll get you yet!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue October 11th, 2005, 4:15 pm

You have to suck me off but only to pre-cum because I like to save my load for the man-eating sheep we keep locked up in the vault to guard our cds.

We have an understanding, the sheep and I.

Either that, or just send it in to the studio and we'll listen to it and play it if we like it. Therein seems to lie the problem, but between the 5 hosts we have running the show now I'd say we have a taste for 99% of the metal music that gets put out today, unfortunately most of what gets sent to us locally constitutes the 1% of stuff none of us like, i.e. the cookie-cutter nu-metalcore verse-chorus-verse-chorus-breakdown-chorus crap that just about every shitty band has collectively decided to attempt to ruin my ears with the past few years. There are enough other stations playing that stuff, and we can't possibly play everything sent to us even if we do have 6 hours to fill, and believe me if we did that no one would listen to the show anyway.

So... if your band doesn't fit in that 1% then there's a good chance you could see airtime. Being a fan of sexually insatiable man-eating sheep wouldn't hurt your chances either.

I'll give you an example - we could definitely use more local black and death metal bands on the show. I know you guys are out there somewhere... hook us up!

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue October 11th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Greg wrote:unfortunately most of what gets sent to us locally constitutes the 1% of stuff none of us like, i.e. the cookie-cutter nu-metalcore verse-chorus-verse-chorus-breakdown-chorus crap that just about every shitty band has collectively decided to attempt to ruin my ears with the past few years.
??????
Tim Hurd isn't with the show anymore? :lol:

Mike
WREKage Staff

Post by Mike » Tue October 11th, 2005, 7:34 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:
Greg wrote:unfortunately most of what gets sent to us locally constitutes the 1% of stuff none of us like, i.e. the cookie-cutter nu-metalcore verse-chorus-verse-chorus-breakdown-chorus crap that just about every shitty band has collectively decided to attempt to ruin my ears with the past few years.
??????
Tim Hurd isn't with the show anymore? :lol:
hahahaha oh man. that was a good one.

Vyserith

Post by Vyserith » Wed October 12th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Alright... thanks for the heads up... and be looking to hear from Vyserith and their demo in about a month!!!
oh fuck-off world i'll get you yet!

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Wed October 12th, 2005, 12:49 pm

I would recommend spelling the name of the show correctly for starters....but that's just me.....

bid

Post by bid » Wed October 26th, 2005, 10:12 am

Fn Dan wrote:I would recommend spelling the name of the show correctly for starters....but that's just me.....
woooo schlap on da face!
bidyut

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Wed October 26th, 2005, 10:43 am

bid wrote:
Fn Dan wrote:I would recommend spelling the name of the show correctly for starters....but that's just me.....
woooo schlap on da face!
Right.
:roll: