What are the bands you just can't stand

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

BoB

Post by BoB » Thu December 2nd, 2004, 9:53 am

Bands that are just about the vocals. Some schmuck that fits the marketing image d'jour, goes to a few singing lessons and is fixed up with a band where you don't really hear anything much from the band other than a basic foundation for the new vocal puppet. :m0nk3yp33:

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Thu December 2nd, 2004, 4:36 pm

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Thu December 2nd, 2004, 7:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKshatriya+Dec 2 2004, 06:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheKshatriya @ Dec 2 2004, 06:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I even like some pop like Christiana Aguilera. [/quote]
HAHA Neal Aguilera :b4ldm3t4l:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sat December 4th, 2004, 4:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris Masochist+Nov 30 2004, 03:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris Masochist @ Nov 30 2004, 03:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I aslo hate those throwback '70's bands like The Strokes, The Vines, The Hives, The Killers( shitty bands with shittly music shouldn't have a name like that), The White Stripes and others.

Two years ago a lot of critics called these bands the "savior of rock music". <_< [/quote]
Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about those "love us because we're simple, minimalist rock" bands. :m0nk3yp33: Blech.
Community host for WREKage
www.wrekage.org
Friday night, midnight 'til we get tired, 91.1 FM

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri January 7th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Brutal Death Metal, "Emo," any sort of melodic Metal or Punk, Tech. Metal, "Pop-Punk," old Jazz, most Nu-Metal, most Pop, modern Country, "Metalcore" a la As I Lay Dying and DEP, Noisegrind, Rap / Hip-Hop, and modern R&B.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Fri January 7th, 2005, 11:48 pm

ummm, Dillinger isnt metalcore.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat January 8th, 2005, 10:43 am

I know they're a Tech. Metal band, but they mix in some Metalcore influences.

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Sat January 8th, 2005, 11:47 pm

they arent a tech metal band either, Necrophagist, Sleep Terror, and bands like that are tech metal. They are a hardcore, not hardcore like Metal or Outbreak though. But I dont hear any metal in them. Its fast and and technical but not metal.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun January 9th, 2005, 12:01 am

They're Metal. You can say they're not, but they are.

dumpVokillist

Post by dumpVokillist » Mon January 10th, 2005, 3:45 am

dillinger is jazz

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon January 10th, 2005, 1:29 pm

What makes you think they are metal? They play hardcore music and they are on a hardcore lable, tour and play with hardcore bands, hardcore kids like them, most metal kids dont, and they themselves say they are hardcore. So I would say they are a hardcore band. Just because they are fast and sometimes heavy and can actually play doesnt make them metal.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Mon January 10th, 2005, 2:58 pm

I'm glad the internet exists so that it could bring us this ever so important debate.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon January 10th, 2005, 6:48 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:What makes you think they are metal? They play hardcore music and they are on a hardcore lable, tour and play with hardcore bands, hardcore kids like them, most metal kids dont, and they themselves say they are hardcore. So I would say they are a hardcore band. Just because they are fast and sometimes heavy and can actually play doesnt make them metal.
Hardcore is Punk. DEP is not Punk. It doesn't matter how many people, magazines, or TV shows call them Hardcore, nor does it matter how many times they call themselves Hardcore and tour with "Hardcore" bands, and if that does matter, I guess Slipknot and Mudvayne are Death Metal. Relapse Records isn't a Hardcore label, either.
AmoebicDysentery wrote:I'm glad the internet exists so that it could bring us this ever so important debate.
It kills time, doesn't it?

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Mon January 10th, 2005, 10:16 pm

I forgot they are on Relapse. And like I said earlier, I dont mean hardcore punk like Outbreak or anything like that. But how are they a metalcore band?

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon January 10th, 2005, 11:35 pm

TheKshatriya wrote:And like I said earlier, I dont mean hardcore punk like Outbreak or anything like that.
That's what Hardcore is, though.
TheKshatriya wrote:But how are they a metalcore band?
I was being lazy, for the most part. Like I said, I think they're a mix of Metalcore and Tech. Metal. I guess you can say it's Math Metal, or whatever you want to call it.