um..

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Fri April 15th, 2005, 11:42 pm

Matt wrote:take off your diaper put on some corpse paint.
Heh, I'm not getting involved in this conversation, but that comment is fucking gold.

Zane

Post by Zane » Sat April 16th, 2005, 8:11 pm

All I know is that Manowar is apparently coming to the ATL.
They are the shizznit, and will make all bow to True Metal!
And furthermore, if you don't like Manowar, then you are a wimp.
Lift weights and listen to metal.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Sun April 17th, 2005, 1:39 am

lift some weights and strap on a loincloth :lol:
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon April 18th, 2005, 3:35 pm

fuck, this thread died.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue April 19th, 2005, 10:08 am

Asrynth wrote:fuck, this thread died.

i hope bodom dies

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Tue April 19th, 2005, 3:03 pm

Matt wrote:
Asrynth wrote:fuck, this thread died.

i hope bodom dies
The epitome of clever right here.
:roll:

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue April 19th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Matt wrote: take off your diaper put on some corpse paint.
rofl ^^= Classic.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Wed April 20th, 2005, 3:43 am

Zane wrote:All I know is that Manowar is apparently coming to the ATL.
They are the shizznit, and will make all bow to True Metal!
And furthermore, if you don't like Manowar, then you are a wimp.
And don't listen to too much Rhapsody (Manowar's tour opener) 'cause all that cheese will counteract the weight-lifting. :twisted:

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed April 20th, 2005, 10:50 am

if you don't like Manowar, then you are a wimp.
HAHAHAHAHAH

I haven't bothered to check out much Children of Bodom or Manowar because what I've heard, I didn't like. I think I'll go slap on my headband and listen to Cephalic Carnage while playing ESPN NBA 2K5 on mute.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu April 21st, 2005, 8:28 am

:twisted:

kill your mother, rape your dog

reanimatingthewicked

wtf

Post by reanimatingthewicked » Thu April 21st, 2005, 11:30 am

how the fuck can you compare bodom to bands like suffocation, if your saying bands like suffocation which is death metal is only "true metal", then how the fuck do you account for bands like iron maiden, judas priest, or even bands like mors principium est or arch enemy, are those bands not "true metal", and how do you get of saying alexi and warman are the only talented members in the band, in bands like suffocation and origin the only think that stands out to me are the drummers, guitars all sound the fucking same no melodys, oh and yay for the dudes in origin who just finally figured out how to sweep on the new album, too bad they can right shit for songs to use them in

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Thu April 21st, 2005, 4:00 pm

The difference is, Suffocation is METAL, COB is clit lubricant. How CANT I say alexi is the only one talented in the band? Everyone else jsut sits there and chunks power chords and thinks the lower they tune their guitars the more brutal they will be. News, if you go around chunking power chords, no matter how low u tune your guitar you will still be a docile band. I will admit the solos on "Souls To Deny" arent the most "Melodically correct" solos, sometimes he fucks up his phrases a little, but we arent talking whos the most talented guitarist, if we were we would be talking about Muhammad Suicmez and all the guys off the G3 tour and Numerous others, were talking metal here, Children of bodom is helping this metal pollutuion by making newly introduced metal heads think that Metal is something its not, Thats why we have to have all these descriptive adjectives after every bands description, because bands like COB have made people think metal is alot more Docile than it actually is, You arent death metal just because you growl or scream, (contrary to popular opinion).

Ill be back to post again on this topic later.

All in all

Effigy of the Forgotten > COB Albums

Effigy sodomizes anything COB has ever done.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu April 21st, 2005, 6:27 pm

Asrynth wrote:The difference is, Suffocation is METAL, COB is clit lubricant. How CANT I say alexi is the only one talented in the band? Everyone else jsut sits there and chunks power chords and thinks the lower they tune their guitars the more brutal they will be. News, if you go around chunking power chords, no matter how low u tune your guitar you will still be a docile band. I will admit the solos on "Souls To Deny" arent the most "Melodically correct" solos, sometimes he fucks up his phrases a little, but we arent talking whos the most talented guitarist, if we were we would be talking about Muhammad Suicmez and all the guys off the G3 tour and Numerous others, were talking metal here, Children of bodom is helping this metal pollutuion by making newly introduced metal heads think that Metal is something its not, Thats why we have to have all these descriptive adjectives after every bands description, because bands like COB have made people think metal is alot more Docile than it actually is, You arent death metal just because you growl or scream, (contrary to popular opinion).

Ill be back to post again on this topic later.

All in all

Effigy sodomizes anything COB has ever done.
Effigy of the Forgotten > COB Albums

KYLE! you stand up for true metal, and i admire that. fuck all the mindless faggots who could ever talk shit about effigy of the forgotten, one of the best and most ground breaking brutal death metal albums of ALL TIME.

to reanimating - how can you talk shit about ORIGIN. And obviously you have never listened to their old stuff, because they have always used sweeps.

FUCK BODOM FUCK BODOM FUCK BODOM FUCK BODOM

im guessing all these mindless faggots think hate crew death roll is better than albums like: altars of madness, syphonies of sickness, and consuming impulse.

Post by post » Thu April 21st, 2005, 10:00 pm

BODOM BODOM BODOM!!!! IM GAY FOR BODOM!!!! i WANT SOME BODOM IN MY BODOM!!! i WANT TO HAVE LITTLE BODOMS RUN AROUND BODOMLESS!!!! YEAH WHOS WITH ME

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu April 21st, 2005, 10:12 pm

yeah, origin has been using sweeps for a long long time. the first time i saw them, the long haired guitarist was warming up playing consecutive sweep arpeggios flawlessly up and down the neck with breakneck speed..........i'm not saying that origin are great by any means. they have proven to be awe-inspiring for about 5 minutes and then they bore me b/c every song sounds the same.

and yeah, suffocation leads suck........but it really doesn't matter and really has no bearing on how good the guitarists are. i've learned a few songs off of pierced from within and i promise that you have to be pretty friggin good to pull that junk off. and i have to say that suffocation came along before drumming took over death metal. suffocation is insanely heavy and the guitar parts are about as brutal as they come. suffocation was the band that all the other "NY brutal death metal" bands ripped off. they can't help it that everyone wanted to sound like them.