um..

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 3:18 pm

i understand what someone can say about every origin song sounding the same, because most of it so damn fast you cant even tell what hes playing. but suffocation is by no means boring or "crappy american death metal". i enjoy suffocation leads a lot, but i can see how some people may not enjoy them, because they are very different. suffocation is one of my all time favorite bands though, and one of the first bands that introduced me to brutal death metal.

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 6:28 pm

suffocation is for sure one of my favorite bands ever! and honestly i don't mind their solos recorded.......but live they are usually pretty bad. but i could care less, i've seen them twice now and both times was incredible and it didn't matter about the leads b/c they just friggin ripped all together.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 8:26 pm

Yeah dude, the solos on Suffocation CD's vary alot, He has some sweet chops on Effigy and then on Souls To Deny he kind of fucks up his phrases a little. The "bad leads" would be a good example on "Demise of The clone" I dont like them. But you know this band has so much awesome material a bad melody somewhere doesnt even matter. The Suffocation riffs are very interesting and unique, I tihnk the opening riff on "To Weep Once More" is extremely cool and unorthodox. Suffocation is a awesome band and are one of the few bands that have not sucumbed to the American way of ruining good music. If they sucked like some of you have said in Prior posts on this thread, they wouldnt be headlining "Fuck the Commerce" which isnt even an American fest.

Anyway what Im most pissed off about are these gay fags who keep euphemizing metal, the title moniker "Death Metal" was ment to protray brutality and terminal heaviness. Nowdays we have all these descriptions before bands like "Extreme/ Fierce/br00tal/punishing/ death metal. And its fucking gay because its all because of these fags thinking bands like Children fo Bodom are death metal. This sickens me, they arent anywhere near death metal. And what makes me vomit even more is when people call them Black Metal, they are so far from black metal its not even funny. Most people these days dont even know what real scandinavian unholy black metal sounds like. Like I said before, Just because you scream or growl doesnt make you death or black metal. The Image of Death metal gets weaker and weaker everyday because of shit like this. People will now listen to a so called "Death Metal" band and be like "oh well this isnt really that heavy". It used to be where only death metal was for extreme metal heads, and now we have locker rooms full of jocks poping in so called "Death Metal" CD's. This is a fucking disgrace to metal and everything I think members of this forum stand for.

Leave your comments

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri April 22nd, 2005, 11:56 pm

i'm a jock! but i take no offense to what you said. when i was in my jock hayday (mid to late 90's)death metal was still underground and i was the only one in the locker room that even knew what it was.

BoB

Post by BoB » Sat April 23rd, 2005, 8:41 am

Asrynth wrote:Anyway what Im most pissed off about are these gay fags who keep euphemizing metal, the title moniker "Death Metal" was ment to protray brutality and terminal heaviness. Nowdays we have all these descriptions before bands like "Extreme/ Fierce/br00tal/punishing/ death metal.
Yeah well not long ago "metal" was meant to portray terminal heaviness and all that business. Then there was "Heavy metal" which, as the name clearly implies, was heavier. Human monkeys need labels to describe things. Musician monkeys want to think of their material as unique so it gets a new label to distinguish it from the previous monkeys doing almost the same thing.

I'm all for using the term "metal" with no sub-genres at all. 8)

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Mon April 25th, 2005, 10:42 am

people used to ask me what the souls unrest was and i'd say "its just heavy metal" and a lot of people who hadn't heard us before automatically thought we were a power metal band! i stood firm on my assessment though, we never sat down and set a direction. we always played what we liked playing and didn't want to be held back by all the sub-genres.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Mon April 25th, 2005, 5:15 pm

I dont relal yhave a problem with sub genres, except the stupid ones, there are some sub genres that are warranted and appropriate but others are just stupid.

What I am angry about is this Euphemization of metal. Because of gay shit like COB, Death, Black and Metal in general have lost their true identities, I am sickened by all these bands who call themselves death and black metal and are not, all these bands do is pollute metal and sadly these same bands are the ones newly oriented metal heads get hooked onto and worship, resulting in a degridation and euphemization of metal in itself. I could go on, but I think I would just be repeating things i said in my previous posts.

Leave your comments.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue April 26th, 2005, 5:35 pm

my comments are bodom fucking sucks. and reanimating has some nerve to come onthe ATLANTA METAL message board and suffocation fucking sucks. Suffocation is a hell of a lot better than children of shit. Suffocation rules. Bodom is a shitty wanna be death metal band with a bunch of numetal and metalcore fans.

hail brutal metal!!!!!!!

you have no place on this board if you appreciate what bodom has done for metal more than what SUFFOCATION has done for metal. enough said.

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Tue April 26th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Bodom has done something for metal? something good?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue April 26th, 2005, 9:16 pm

nah nevermind they havent. i dont see how any mindless freak could compare garbage like follow the reaper to legendary death metal albums like effigy of the forgotten or pierced from within. its sickening!

reanimatingthewicked

no

Post by reanimatingthewicked » Wed April 27th, 2005, 2:13 am

jesus just shut the fuck up, im not even talking bout death metal at all, im just saying bodom is a talented fucking metal band, and there no way or form anywhere close to sounding like any nu metal band, that was an ignorant statement, im sorry americans find it so fucking hard to embrace the thought of melody and that maby that is the reason melodic bands are more mainstream and have more fans, brutality is fucking boring sure there are some good brutal bands, but the best ones still retain interest by implementing melody into their songs (infernal method, vehemence, arsis), as far as suffocation goes i own effigy its a good cd, although theres alot of other shit id rather listen to (theory in practice, mors principium est, cipher system, demonoid), at the moment, bodom is fucking talented, alexi is no virtuoso but hes one of the best song writers of the newer generation of metal that is emerging, warman is fucking incredible on the keys, roope was in stone and is equally as awesome as alexi just listen to singery, and the other 2 dudes made a solid rythm section

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed April 27th, 2005, 2:47 am

Who farted?

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed April 27th, 2005, 9:32 pm

reanimated farted when he said albums like follow the reaper and hate crew death roll display better writing abilities than legendary albums like pierced from within and effigy of the forgotten. how can you compare shitty nu metal riffs with repetative solos to a band like suffocation, who has written metal anthems like leige of inveracity and thrones of blood. youre just fucked in the head!

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Wed April 27th, 2005, 10:42 pm

ok ok Matt..you like Suffocation..we get it!!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed April 27th, 2005, 11:18 pm

He also doesn't like children of bodom, though I can see how you might not have picked that up since he only kinda barely mentioned it in the first post and never said anything else about it here or in 50 other topics.