Criminal Closing

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

retreataccept

Post by retreataccept » Thu September 8th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Sad to hear but I agree their prices were more in line with a mall retail store (most of which have gone out of business (see tower records). I did more of my shopping at wax n facts and decatur cd, both of which have great staff/present owners. Whenever I couldn't find something at criminal, it was "nah we don't have that." At the other places it was "we can have it in two days. Maybe one."

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu September 8th, 2011, 4:03 pm

...so I guess the move to the bigger location was a bad gamble, no?
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 8th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Moloc wrote:Where do you go now?
If I actually walk into a store, it's probably the CD Warehouse by my job. Sometimes Book Nook if I'm in the mood to browse for a really long time. Otherwise I order direct from the label or used off Amazon. Or direct from one of the many fine bands on this forum!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu September 8th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Strange wrote:...so I guess the move to the bigger location was a bad gamble, no?
hmmm that's what I'm thinking. They probably spent alot on setting everything up.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Fri September 9th, 2011, 1:06 pm

IDGAF about criminal records, or that they're closing. they were ludicrously overpriced on most if not all merchandise. I can't speak for their staff or how helpful they are but their inventory and price points seemed to be begging me not to buy anything there, ever. $30 for a reissue of haunting the chapel? please. I never once saw a new-release vinyl record in there EVER that had a reasonable enough sticker on it to make me buy it. I guess its sad when any independent business closes down, especially a staple of Atlanta like Criminal Records, but they dug their own grave.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

TonyE99

Post by TonyE99 » Fri September 9th, 2011, 5:39 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:IDGAF about criminal records, or that they're closing. they were ludicrously overpriced on most if not all merchandise. I can't speak for their staff or how helpful they are but their inventory and price points seemed to be begging me not to buy anything there, ever. $30 for a reissue of haunting the chapel? please. I never once saw a new-release vinyl record in there EVER that had a reasonable enough sticker on it to make me buy it. I guess its sad when any independent business closes down, especially a staple of Atlanta like Criminal Records, but they dug their own grave.
Matt said what I didn't feel like typing. One of the only good things I ever saw there was Cannabis Corpse first album, but I could have gotten it cheaper directly from the label.