New Carcass

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Generubin

New Carcass

Post by Generubin » Thu January 31st, 2013, 1:36 pm

Is this real or have I been reading too much bullshit online?
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Thu January 31st, 2013, 5:51 pm

stewvee

Post by stewvee » Thu January 31st, 2013, 9:59 pm

the last one was so great too. :(
Brian wrote:dance, monkey, dance!!
http://chipsandbeermag.tumblr.com/

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri February 1st, 2013, 10:21 am

While I don't have high hopes for the new output I'd by lying if I said I wasn't interested to see what they come up with after 17 years.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Fri February 1st, 2013, 11:37 am

Ryan wrote:While I don't have high hopes for the new output I'd by lying if I said I wasn't interested to see what they come up with after 17 years.
They mentioned bringing back old vocal styles, but I don't know how that will turn out. Especially without Ammott.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri February 1st, 2013, 11:44 am

Generubin wrote:
Ryan wrote:While I don't have high hopes for the new output I'd by lying if I said I wasn't interested to see what they come up with after 17 years.
They mentioned bringing back old vocal styles, but I don't know how that will turn out. Especially without Ammott.
Ammott didn't do vocals. You mean Steer's old vocals?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri February 1st, 2013, 12:49 pm

ratanda wrote:
Generubin wrote:
Yep, Steer will be doing vocals again. Ammott leaving actually gives me a shred of hope that what they come up with might be worth listening to. It's Steer, Walker, and Daniel Wilding from Aborted on drums... so no Ken... which is pretty lame... though it sounds like he's gonna do some vocals which is cool.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/carcass- ... d-drummer/

Walker says some crap in that interview about his "vocal range" so hopefully that doesn't mean a bunch of melodic horse shit... musically it's supposed to be somewhere between Necroticism and Heartwork and Steer said elsewhere that "there's a bunch of blasting and brutal riffs" so I guess we'll see...
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri February 1st, 2013, 12:53 pm

Ryan wrote:
ratanda wrote:
Generubin wrote:
Yep, Steer will be doing vocals again. Ammott leaving actually gives me a shred of hope that what they come up with might be worth listening to. It's Steer, Walker, and Daniel Wilding from Aborted on drums... so no Ken... which is pretty lame... though it sounds like he's gonna do some vocals which is cool.
Amomott wasn't involved with Swansong if that's what you mean. Ken's been sick for years. I don't know with what, but apparently it's prevented him from playing drums.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri February 1st, 2013, 1:06 pm

ratanda wrote:
Ryan wrote:
ratanda wrote:
Generubin wrote:
Amomott wasn't involved with Swansong if that's what you mean. Ken's been sick for years. I don't know with what, but apparently it's prevented him from playing drums.
No, he wasn't involved in Swansong but Carcass got progressively shittier once he joined, honestly I don't care for anything he's ever been involved in aside from that Carnage album I guess... in short, Carcass was a better band before he joined and I think they stand a much better chance of writing something that at least gives a nod to their earlier work without his influence.

And Ken had a brain haemmorhage in '99 he's never really recovered from.

It's probably gonna suck anyway.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Fri February 1st, 2013, 7:36 pm

forget what I said, haha. If people say it's better than Swansong I'll give it a go.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sat February 2nd, 2013, 11:26 pm

Mike ammott ruled in carcass.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

JägerWolf

Post by JägerWolf » Sun February 3rd, 2013, 12:44 am

SlashAndThrash wrote:Mike ammott ruled in carcass.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sun February 3rd, 2013, 9:31 am

Oh he was vocals on Necroticism and that's one of my favorites. I guess that's where I was going with my earlier post.

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Sun February 3rd, 2013, 10:03 am

Only Bill Steer and Jeff Walker did vocals ever.
G.O.R.E.
Billy and Agnes wrote:JUST LIKE HAVING A WAAART REMOOOVED

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Sun February 3rd, 2013, 8:36 pm

I read the information on Metal Archives, which is guess is the heavy metal Wikipedia.