whats everyone currently listening to????

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Knucklehead » Wed May 31st, 2023, 9:26 pm

Cutthroats 9 -- Cuttrhoats 9. The best Unsane record Chris Spencer this millenium.
Deathspell Omega -- Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice.
Nick Drake -- Five Leaves Left.
Nick Drake -- Bryter Layter. Not my cup of tea.
Gorguts -- Colored Sands. A peculiar record.
Led Zeppelin -- III. I love the mellow nature of this record.
Manticore -- Behold the Ascension of the Execrated. Filthy.
Possessed -- The Eyes of Horror.

User avatar
MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 2352
Joined: Tue May 3rd, 2005, 2:51 pm
Location: Doraville

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by MS_39455 » Thu June 1st, 2023, 8:04 am

melkor wrote:
Tue May 30th, 2023, 2:54 pm
pseudogod -- deathwomb catechesis. still holds up

still pissed (psissed) i never got to see them cuz they missed their flights for that one metal threat.
Forgot about that. Saw them all burst out of a Charm City Taxi, clown car style, with Impurath in tow at MDF one year just minutes before their set. Early Sunday afternoon outdoor time slot did not help anyone that day.
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Ultimately, who gives a fuck anyway?

zla vydra
Member
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri June 1st, 2012, 8:06 am
Location: Roswell

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by zla vydra » Sat June 3rd, 2023, 8:43 am

The first page of this thread contains an account of someone buying a Cryptopsy CD at Wherehouse.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1893
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by melkor » Sat June 3rd, 2023, 2:13 pm

HELLVVITCH -- anilingual impregnation
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Knucklehead » Sat June 3rd, 2023, 8:47 pm

zla vydra wrote:
Sat June 3rd, 2023, 8:43 am
The first page of this thread contains an account of someone buying a Cryptopsy CD at Wherehouse.
Nearly 18 years ago. And this apparently wasn't even the first "playing now" thread on the forum.

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1893
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by melkor » Sat June 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
Wed May 31st, 2023, 9:26 pm
Deathspell Omega -- Si Monumentum Requires, Circumcise.

in correct latin it would be circumcide
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Knucklehead » Mon June 5th, 2023, 8:26 pm

melkor wrote:
Sat June 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm
Knucklehead wrote:
Wed May 31st, 2023, 9:26 pm
Deathspell Omega -- Si Monumentum Requires, Circumcise.

in correct latin it would be circumcide
Is it just your font that's small?

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1893
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by melkor » Thu June 8th, 2023, 8:42 pm

DISSECTION -- reinkaos

after probably a decade of dribbling this around, listening here and there, saying "this part's pretty cool but it's no somberlain," I think I get it. yeah, there's still stuff in there that makes me scratch my head and wonder if ol' yun's brother emil had a little too much influence, but at the same time there's more than enough power and maturity to make up for that shortcoming. and of course, starless aeon is simply unfuckwithable. did I use that word right? might be the best of all their songs. not one single wasted note. that's no exaggeration. everything counts. and i don't even cringe when he sings in latin.
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

melkor
AtlantaMetal Staff
Posts: 1893
Joined: Fri April 15th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Location: the bog of eternal stench
Contact:

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by melkor » Thu June 8th, 2023, 8:45 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
Mon June 5th, 2023, 8:26 pm
melkor wrote:
Sat June 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm
Knucklehead wrote:
Wed May 31st, 2023, 9:26 pm
Deathspell Omega -- Si Monumentum Requires, Circumcise.

in correct latin it would be circumcide
Is it just your font that's small?
if you want a monument, cut off my weiner
seven bands seven churches seven sages five magics / up the hammers to stay
curl $(curl -s $(echo '9001=u&eliforpweiv=edom?php.tsilrebmem/ten.latematnalta.murof.www//:sptth' | rev) | grep Visit[^[] | sed 's%^.*://%%; s/">.*$//' | rev) | display -

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Knucklehead » Thu June 8th, 2023, 9:51 pm

melkor wrote:
Thu June 8th, 2023, 8:45 pm
Knucklehead wrote:
Mon June 5th, 2023, 8:26 pm
melkor wrote:
Sat June 3rd, 2023, 9:23 pm



in correct latin it would be circumcide
Is it just your font that's small?
if you want a monument, cut off my weiner
:D :D :D

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Knucklehead » Thu June 8th, 2023, 9:55 pm

melkor wrote:
Thu June 8th, 2023, 8:42 pm
DISSECTION -- reinkaos

after probably a decade of dribbling this around, listening here and there, saying "this part's pretty cool but it's no somberlain," I think I get it. yeah, there's still stuff in there that makes me scratch my head and wonder if ol' yun's brother emil had a little too much influence, but at the same time there's more than enough power and maturity to make up for that shortcoming. and of course, starless aeon is simply unfuckwithable. did I use that word right? might be the best of all their songs. not one single wasted note. that's no exaggeration. everything counts. and i don't even cringe when he sings in latin.
I’ve never really listened to Reinkaos. I was shocked that people whose opinion I trusted called his best, back when it was released.

I always end up reaching for Storm of the Light’s Bane, but I should probably give this at least one spin.

zla vydra
Member
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri June 1st, 2012, 8:06 am
Location: Roswell

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by zla vydra » Sat June 10th, 2023, 12:11 pm

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
MF- Melissa
Master's Hammer - Fascinator and Formulae
Xentrix - Ghostbusters

Brian
WREKage Staff
Posts: 3827
Joined: Sun February 25th, 2007, 3:20 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Brian » Sun June 11th, 2023, 7:59 am

REINKAOS is the best Dissection

User avatar
Knucklehead
Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Sat August 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
Location: Decatur

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Knucklehead » Mon June 12th, 2023, 6:44 pm

Brian wrote:
Sun June 11th, 2023, 7:59 am
REINKAOS is the best Dissection
You were actually the very person I was thinking of.

User avatar
Metalfreak
Member
Posts: 4189
Joined: Thu July 1st, 2004, 9:26 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: whats everyone currently listening to????

Post by Metalfreak » Tue June 13th, 2023, 8:42 am

Knucklehead wrote:
Mon June 12th, 2023, 6:44 pm
Brian wrote:
Sun June 11th, 2023, 7:59 am
REINKAOS is the best Dissection
You were actually the very person I was thinking of.
been listening to that recently.

Mork Gryning. Ahhhh....I just discovered them a few months ago. Wish I heard about them sooner!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests