Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:06 pm

Ah hell, I'm glad the fucker is dead and and it doesn't bother me at all that people are partying in the streets over it. People have been killing in cold blood since we have existed, this guy plotted and had over 3000 innocent people killed at once so what the fuck? Let's celebrate, he's dead! We killed him in retaliation...why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over people rejoicing over the fact that the scumfuck is dead?

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:10 pm

But I will say I'm not one of those idiots y'all speak of on I_LOVE_ZUCKERPENIS. There is not one thing on my page about Osama. Obviously I'm glad he's dead but I just don't feel the need to advertize that all over the place.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:18 pm

Nuke the middle east, then I'll party.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:28 pm

Metalfreak wrote: this guy plotted and had over 3000 innocent people killed at once so what the fuck? Let's celebrate, he's dead! We killed him in retaliation...why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over people rejoicing over the fact that the scumfuck is dead?

This.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:35 pm

Metalfreak wrote:Ah hell, I'm glad the fucker is dead and and it doesn't bother me at all that people are partying in the streets over it. People have been killing in cold blood since we have existed, this guy plotted and had over 3000 innocent people killed at once so what the fuck? Let's celebrate, he's dead! We killed him in retaliation...why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over people rejoicing over the fact that the scumfuck is dead?
yeah why not revel in violence and death. makes the world go round. no better reason to wake up in the morning than to hear the possible news of someone's killing.

I'm saying: be happy maybe that a bad person is gone, but to celebrate is to say that your life so revolves around the savage nature of humanity that instead of it being a somber occasion for remembrance, you'll just find it as an excuse to get drunk.

Or, you know, "fuck it, bro".

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:45 pm

BlackRoija wrote:
Metalfreak wrote:Ah hell, I'm glad the fucker is dead and and it doesn't bother me at all that people are partying in the streets over it. People have been killing in cold blood since we have existed, this guy plotted and had over 3000 innocent people killed at once so what the fuck? Let's celebrate, he's dead! We killed him in retaliation...why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over people rejoicing over the fact that the scumfuck is dead?
yeah why not revel in violence and death. makes the world go round. no better reason to wake up in the morning than to hear the possible news of someone's killing.

I'm saying: be happy maybe that a bad person is gone, but to celebrate is to say that your life so revolves around the savage nature of humanity that instead of it being a somber occasion for remembrance, you'll just find it as an excuse to get drunk.

Or, you know, "fuck it, bro".
huh

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:46 pm

Metalfreak wrote:People have been killing in cold blood since we have existed, this guy plotted and had over 3000 innocent people killed at once so what the fuck? Let's celebrate, he's dead! We killed him in retaliation...why is everyone getting their panties in a wad over people rejoicing over the fact that the scumfuck is dead?
But he was a human being!!! He had emotions!!! HE LIKED PUPPIES!!!

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:53 pm

Here, this guy puts it in far better words than I could:

http://www.timwise.org/2011/05/killing- ... d-revelry/

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 12:57 pm

So uh....where in that article does the guy equate celebrating the death of a terrorist to having your life revolve around senseless violence and alcoholism?

Couldn't find it.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 1:05 pm

That's my personal opinion and interpretation. Although I feel he does say something similar, but not quite so blatantly.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 1:07 pm

BlackRoija wrote:That's my personal opinion and interpretation.
So explain the connection, not hand it off to an article.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 1:23 pm

I don't know how better to put it. I don't mean to say that every waking breath is spent fantasizing over the slaughter of your (your country's/religion's/ethnic group's) enemies but that to celebrate death, not for the preservation of other lives but solely reveling in the death of those enemies, seems to indicate a fixation on the more savage aspects of human nature outside of what should really be seen in an "advanced" society.

Wise, to paraphrase, makes the guess that were we to cure AIDS or eliminate slave labor camps in eastern Africa or anything to that degree, there wouldn't be every fraternity choad puking their brains out in the streets. There isn't the same kind of reaction to purely beneficial occurrences but more symbolic ones that accomplish little more than squat. And if that's the case, that there is a stronger reaction to accomplishments of war than of peace, than there is indeed a greater obsession with violence than it would be reasonable to see.

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 1:39 pm

I'm trying now to celebrate the fact that an important mission was successful. We killed an evil human being. That is reason to celebrate. But, I felt ill after posting that I thought his body should be dragged through the streets--just like they did with our soldiers in Fallujah. I guess I don't want to sink to their level.

BTW, we've never seen the body. It would have been nice to have had visible proof instead of just dumping it in the ocean. You know there are going to be conspiracy theories now about how he's not really dead and Obama made up the whole thing. I'm waiting for what the 9/11 Truthers are going to say about this.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 1:47 pm

Moloc wrote:You know there are going to be conspiracy theories now about how he's not really dead and Obama made up the whole thing. I'm waiting for what the 9/11 Truthers are going to say about this.
Going to be? Man, I've heard some paranoid shit not half an hour after it came on TV.

One was a big Pain of Salvation fan. Imagine that.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 1:49 pm

BlackRoija wrote:I don't mean to say that every waking breath is spent fantasizing over the slaughter of your (your country's/religion's/ethnic group's) enemies but that to celebrate death, not for the preservation of other lives but solely reveling in the death of those enemies, seems to indicate a fixation on the more savage aspects of human nature outside of what should really be seen in an "advanced" society.
So what should really be seen in an advanced society? What traits of human nature have drastically changed since the advent of the telephone? The car? The computer? People today are the same as people a thousand years ago. Same instincts, same traits. We just have cooler toys.