Dragon Con 2014

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Diana

Post by Diana » Wed September 3rd, 2014, 12:45 pm

Absolute clusterfuck from start to finish. I won't get into it here, but suffice it to say that the clickers I bought to count Jayne hats and "KEEP CALM" shirts were used to count fails. Total fail count for the weekend: 41, and we probably forgot a few.

I've been saying that this year would be my last time staying in a hotel....turns out that LAST year was. Brian, I can't believe you managed to cling to your reservation at the Hyatt. You will have to tell me your secret.

One of the boobs in our brigade announced, "Well, it can't get any worse!" as we all yelled "SHUT THE FUCK UP!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??" Needless to say, things steadily got worse.

May the Hyatt rot in hell; rest in peace FAIL*CON 2014.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed September 3rd, 2014, 3:42 pm

Haha, heard about the Hyatt problems all weekend long. I actually read on Thursday night about them, so my friend and I arrived at the Hyatt at 9AM on Friday to secure our spot. Worked out for us, fortunately.

By the way, did I see you this weekend? I cannot remember and vaguely remember bumping into you but I could have made that up. Blackout from Fri - Sun.

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 4th, 2014, 5:50 am

Ha - I doubt it. I saw no one. Apologies to the Rothstanator who made every effort to pull me out of the morass. It was just too deep.

Good job getting there at 9 am. I didn't even manage to wrangle all the fucktards into the car until probably 1. We were failing long before the Hyatt jumped in the ring and hit us with a folding chair. Supposedly they're honoring their promise to us and we have locked down the rooms for next year. But it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he tries to get a rental car: "You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to HOLD the reservation..."

PS: If anyone wants to jump on the fail train next year, Dragon*Con passes are only $75 until 9/15. We've got ours! Fail*Con 2015 WOOOOT!

Odinson666

Post by Odinson666 » Thu September 4th, 2014, 7:01 am

Brian ...you and Badcarb were the only two people to defy the vortex of the cluster fuck, as every time I ran into some one they were never to be seen again.

oh yeah and Brian you'll get a chuckle outta the interview I did below it was pre-con , but our server went down so not sure when it went up.

http://www.cvltnation.com/cvlt-nation-i ... n-of-loss/

and last but not least..seem like the appropriate thread to announce out D&D nights, every sunday 7:30 p.m til you die or we decide 5 hours is enough and it's time to watch the Left Overs...hit me up on here or fb if intrested

theRothstanator

Post by theRothstanator » Thu September 4th, 2014, 9:08 am

Diana wrote:Ha - I doubt it. I saw no one. Apologies to the Rothstanator who made every effort to pull me out of the morass. It was just too deep.

Good job getting there at 9 am. I didn't even manage to wrangle all the fucktards into the car until probably 1. We were failing long before the Hyatt jumped in the ring and hit us with a folding chair. Supposedly they're honoring their promise to us and we have locked down the rooms for next year. But it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he tries to get a rental car: "You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to HOLD the reservation..."

PS: If anyone wants to jump on the fail train next year, Dragon*Con passes are only $75 until 9/15. We've got ours! Fail*Con 2015 WOOOOT!
It's kewl, lady!! Hey, I am totally thinking I wanna do it for 4 days next year! I think Brian is out so maybe we can do some sharing of a room or something? Imma get my pass soon, too.

Also,: http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/201 ... sweet-love
"Other than shame and guilt I am fine." - Melkor

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Thu September 4th, 2014, 2:49 pm

You haven't actually been to Dragon*Con until you've done it on synthetic psilocybin. Holy shit.
Thanks,
SBG

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu September 4th, 2014, 3:42 pm

theRothstanator wrote:I think Brian is out so maybe we can do some sharing of a room or something? Imma get my pass soon, too.
Sorry, I'm out too. Though I have been known to black out in my brother's hotel room, so I'm not entirely ruling that out. But I'm giving up my Official Spot In The Room. I'll keep you in mind if the South Cackalacky assholes have space when the time comes.... if they even end up with rooms at all. :evil:
Odinson666 wrote:Brian ...you and Badcarb were the only two people to defy the vortex of the cluster fuck, as every time I ran into some one they were never to be seen again.
It really was like that the whole time, wasn't it? If you took your eyes off of someone, they were gone. Like GONE: I was behind the Cacks and we were all going the same place and all of a sudden they disappeared. Completely vanished. Same thing happened later in the Marriott, I was behind Dr. Dynamico's flowing red cape, and then *POOF* everyone was gone. Glad it wasn't just me -- there was some weird shit happening. Maybe we fell into the vortex?

SBG, tell us more about the synthetic psilocybin! Could you maybe see this vortex?