whats everyone currently listening to????

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Asrynth

Post by Asrynth » Wed August 30th, 2006, 10:18 am

Matt wrote:
Asrynth wrote:
As for Whisper Supremacy vs. Kill, I am not really a fan of Mike Disalvo, so I wil have to go with Kill and Corpsegrinder!! Both great bands though, I would jsut prefer the worm and NSV over whisper supremacy.

cryptopsy fans who pull the "i only like lord worm" shit arent even legit cryptopsy fans,
What the hell are you talking about, just because people like NSV rather than disalvo's coreish vocals doesnt mean they dont like cryptopsy. Im not saying the records with Disalvo arent good, my favorite cryptopsy songs are Shroud, White Worms, We Bleed, And Graves of the Fathers, the majority of those are by disalvo. I will agree with you that the worms vocals on Oncewas not sucked, but Whisper Supremacy > NSV , No go on that one.

As for kill, I dont care if its the same sounding stuff, you can argue cryptopsy's tunes are all similar too, Ill agree Kill is the same CC sound, but the same old CC sound fucking kills!! I never get tired of the old " Beat them over the head until their dead" CC lyrical mentality.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed August 30th, 2006, 12:32 pm

i never said that whisper supremecy was better than none so vile, im saying the originality and quality of death metal on whisper supremecy blows the fuck out of kill. whisper supremecy brought some new to the table for cryptopsy, and kill just gets attention because its cannibal corpse, and the name they made for themselves when they fucking ruled....

now kill is better than once was not!!!!! :wink:

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Wed August 30th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Anata - The Conductor's Departure
Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro
Grimfist - Ghouls Of Grandeur
Hypocrisy - Penetralia
Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale

p.s. Flo Mounier blast-farting on a snare drum is better than anything CC has done in the past 10 years.

E.J. Diarrheaspray

Post by E.J. Diarrheaspray » Wed August 30th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Cannibal Corpse hasn't done anything interesting since 1994

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Wed August 30th, 2006, 10:20 pm

Satyricon - Nemesis Divina !!
1349 - Liberation

I can't wait til payday so I can buy that Frost picture!!
----------------------------------

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Wed August 30th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Asrynth wrote: What the hell are you talking about, just because people like NSV rather than disalvo's coreish vocals doesnt mean they dont like cryptopsy.
what is so "corish" about disalvo's vocals? disalvo's vocals were intense and brutal. just b/c his voice wasn't gutteral or pure shrieking madness doesn't make it "core" anything.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu August 31st, 2006, 7:51 am

BlazeTSU wrote:
Asrynth wrote: What the hell are you talking about, just because people like NSV rather than disalvo's coreish vocals doesnt mean they dont like cryptopsy.
what is so "corish" about disalvo's vocals? disalvo's vocals were intense and brutal. just b/c his voice wasn't gutteral or pure shrieking madness doesn't make it "core" anything.
fuck yeah blaze, im glad i can agree with you on this. you and steve crumbley are the only two people i know that solidly agree whisper supremecy is just as good as none so vile if not better.... depends on the mood i guess....

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Thu August 31st, 2006, 11:48 am

yeah matt, right on. i think that whisper supremecy is cryptopsy's best album........ready for this.........BY FAR! i think WS has something that no other band or album has had before. its a perfect mix of technical craziness and brutal groove and then throw in disalvo's vocal performance and all the emotion that has with it and you have an almost perfect release IMO. i've never heard any other album that is that technical but never loses its sense of an actual song.

but i also think that NSV is one of the greatest, if not best brutal death metal album ever. i just see NSV and WS in two different categories. NSV is nothing but pure brutal death metal but i think of WS as just extreme metal. both albums are on my favorites list.

ProstheticHead12

Post by ProstheticHead12 » Tue September 5th, 2006, 11:32 am

Mercenary - the Hours That Remain
Napalm Death - Smear Campaign
the Mars Volta - Amputechture
Terrorizer - Darker Days Ahead

and I'm hoping we get the new Blind Guardian in soon - although apparently singing is gay in metal, so Mercenary is gay too
Fuck it, Dude, let's go bowling.

kamal

Post by kamal » Fri September 8th, 2006, 11:52 am

ProstheticHead12 wrote:and I'm hoping we get the new Blind Guardian in soon - although apparently singing is gay in metal, so Mercenary is gay too
Singing is gay in death metal and other truly heavy stuff. Power Metal without singing would be gay. Though I guess if you consider Judas Priest power metal then it is gay...
ShorelessSkies.com

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Fri September 8th, 2006, 12:35 pm

God Dethroned - The Toxic Touch
so fucking good

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue September 12th, 2006, 2:18 am

scattered remnants - inherent perversion
grotesque formation - basement decompositions
dyscrasia - ALL
dislimb - bleeding anixiety
ulceration - submerged in gluttony
other shit!! fuck you!!

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue September 12th, 2006, 2:44 am

been on a bit of a brutal kick lately:

Aeon - Bleeding The False
Wormed - Planisphaerium
Biolich - The Space Between Home And Today
Yattering - Genocide

kfoll

Post by kfoll » Tue September 12th, 2006, 8:20 am

Greg wrote:been on a bit of a brutal kick lately:
I really like that band(and that album) for some reason even tho it's about the strangest shit ever. I can't listen to them very much or it gets on my nerves, but when I'm in the mood for it, it kicks ass.
----------------------------------

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue September 12th, 2006, 12:42 pm

kfoll wrote:
I really like that band(and that album) for some reason even tho it's about the strangest shit ever. I can't listen to them very much or it gets on my nerves, but when I'm in the mood for it, it kicks ass.
Yeah, they're definitely some angry dudes. The song Pandemonic Hyperblast melts my ears every time I hear it, particularly when the scream in the middle of the song fades into an all out blastbeat explosion.

If Apocalyptic Visions can claim "Angriest Band In America" status, I'm giving Anaal Nathrakh the title of "Angriest Band On The Planet".