List your current favorite beer and review it.

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Thu February 18th, 2010, 1:13 am

57th Fighter Group reopened AGAIN? Wow..... I work across the airfield from there, but my cube no longer faces the airport.

At one time the restaurant there got low marks for its food, but they may have improved. It's a one-of-a-kind looking place, though.
Azrael wrote: Belgium!!!
Now, now.... There's no need to swear THAT much, bud. :)

(Hitchhikers Guide fans will 'get' that one.)

JESSE STUBER

Post by JESSE STUBER » Wed March 3rd, 2010, 12:10 pm

the 10th beer cause after that taste dont matter

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed March 3rd, 2010, 11:20 pm

WREKage-Paul wrote:57th Fighter Group reopened AGAIN? Wow..... I work across the airfield from there, but my cube no longer faces the airport.

At one time the restaurant there got low marks for its food, but they may have improved. It's a one-of-a-kind looking place, though.
I love the 57th fighter group! When I was there for trivia I had a fish sandwhich. It was pretty damn good. I remember going there when I was a kid when they still had alligator on the menu. That shit was good!

@holiday rambler- I'd check it out, it's a unique place with good food. My godfather lives almost across the street from it (I used to live with him) so we go there from time to time. It can get pricey though. The fish sandwhich wasn't expensive but I think their brunch is. I went there a few years back (before they closed again) and the prices were through the roof...probably why they closed. It's not like that now. The food has always been good though!
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Thu March 4th, 2010, 9:53 am

I dig on fish sandwiches...and not having to drive all over town for food. So I will be checking this place out soon. Thanks.

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu March 4th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Favorite beer? Damn...hard to call.

I have a few that are like special treat kinda beers.

Ayinger Oktoberfest for instance is killer when and where you can get it, but that's not often. Stone Ruination is great when I can afford it, but their regular IPA is pretty damn good for a lot less cash. Same with Double Bastard and Arrogant Bastard. The Double Bastard is almost too much, but I always enjoy a couple pints every November.

As far as drinking on a regular basis goes I'm all about the IPAs. Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Flying Dog Snakedog, Sweetwater IPA, and Red Hook Longhammers. The Longhammers are my standby. Perfect balance of tasty and relatively cheap.

I just wish more bars around here carried IPAs.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

spice

Post by spice » Thu March 4th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Strange wrote:
As far as drinking on a regular basis goes I'm all about the IPAs.

I just wish more bars around here carried IPAs.
me too. i love IPAs. at the moment the two (which aren't IPAs i am gravitating toward are left handed porter and another left handed beer- a wheat i think- which i had the other night and was just stunningly good.

on the downside, at work we taste tested the new bud 55. we thought it was going to be bad, and we were correct. it's a great beer for people who think mich ultra would be better if it were mixed with half water. perfect for the old white guy place i work for.
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."-Jerry Garcia

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu March 4th, 2010, 1:19 pm

spice wrote: on the downside, at work we taste tested the new bud 55. we thought it was going to be bad, and we were correct. it's a great beer for people who think mich ultra would be better if it were mixed with half water. perfect for the old white guy place i work for.
I think most mass produced domestic beer is a lot like sex in a canoe.

Either way it's fuckin' close to water.
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu March 4th, 2010, 10:44 pm

spice wrote: at work we taste tested the new bud 55.
wait...what kind of job do you have? lol
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Jordan

Post by Jordan » Thu March 4th, 2010, 11:23 pm

dudes yeah, IPA's are the way to go. nothin better than a sierra nevada or an arrogant bastard.
We're here to make everything metal... blacker than the blackest black times infinity

spice

Post by spice » Fri March 5th, 2010, 10:01 am

Metalfreak wrote:
spice wrote: at work we taste tested the new bud 55.
wait...what kind of job do you have? lol
i'm the exectutive sous chef (fancy title for "cook who's willing to fill in for the chefs when they get fired") at a private country club. we take it upon ourselves to try new product when it comes in to uh.....ensure it's of the highest quality. i almost couldn't write that with a straight face.

for what it's worth, we have also determined absolut pear vodka and capt morgan's spiced rum with lime to be borderline undrinkable. never trust free bottles that come from liquor reps, never. :)
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."-Jerry Garcia

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Fri March 5th, 2010, 10:14 am

I used to serve and tend bar at a private tennis club. I definitely "tested the spirits to ensure quality" too, usually 5-6 times a shift. Just to be thorough.

spice

Post by spice » Fri March 5th, 2010, 10:22 am

Holiday Rambler wrote:I used to serve and tend bar at a private tennis club. I definitely "tested the spirits to ensure quality" too, usually 5-6 times a shift. Just to be thorough.
the sacrifices we make for our jobs.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri March 5th, 2010, 2:46 pm

spice wrote:for what it's worth, we have also determined absolut pear vodka and capt morgan's spiced rum with lime to be borderline undrinkable.
Any of that Absolut Pear that you need to unload, I will gladly take it off your hands. That shit is delisssssshhhh.

And LOL @ chefs getting fired. Does that happen a lot? Like do they have big ass hissy fits and throw the crème brûlée across the room and swan out? Awesome.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri March 5th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Tonight is Yuengling Black & Tan. It's very tasty.

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Fri March 5th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Diana wrote:
spice wrote:for what it's worth, we have also determined absolut pear vodka and capt morgan's spiced rum with lime to be borderline undrinkable.
Any of that Absolut Pear that you need to unload, I will gladly take it off your hands. That shit is delisssssshhhh.
And I will take the Capt, arrrghhh!