Thanks,
SBG

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 8:12 pm

Brian wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
Brian wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
The evolution of human intellect over base desires is pretty impressive. Yeah, there are tons of shitbags in the world, but the average person doesn't rape, steal, commit violent acts or defecate or urinate at any given moment just because they have desire to do so. Many people who grew up in racist, classist or homophobic environments become accepting adults through simple reasoning.
Is that so because people have evolved over time into 'good' human beings? Or because the consequences of committing those actions (aka prison) far outweigh the benefits?
Point A sort of follows point B; the superego trumps the id.

Back on track. It's our ability to be "better" people that makes the whole jingoist national furvor uncomfortable to me. We know "better" than to run through the streets chanting, burning flags and calling for blood, yet the fact that this execution is seen as a point of national pride makes the mob mentality somehow OK to the average person.

Again, I could give a fuck about Bin Laden, but I do care about America.
Has any of that happened over here? Haven't seen any reports of it, but I haven't looked, either.

I think we'd all agree that there is a huge difference between celebration and riots.
No riots that I've seen, but there's been plenty crowds chanting and dumb shit on FB and the like. That crowd mentality is pretty contagious and there doesn't have to been actual violence for violent mentalities to gain traction. I mean, that's how we got into this endless war in the first place, right?

Moloc was super honest in admitting that he'd originally fallen into a bit of that, but caught himself. That's pretty fucking brave to admit and smart to catch. For every Moloc, how many others are their who just can't wait to get to Wally world and buy some more magnetic jingoistic crap to stick to the back of their Japanese cars?

Whatever, though. The elation only lasted a minute and now the doubts and conspiracy theories are revving up. So it goes...
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 9:27 pm

Fuck anybody that feels sensitive about that camel fucker getting murdered.

Generubin

Post by Generubin » Tue May 3rd, 2011, 9:39 pm

badcarburetor wrote:but I wonder if shit will just get worse without him leading his fanatics as strong and charismatic leader. Power vaccuums can lead to all kinds of random violence that is more dangerous than the acts created under a single point of direction.
This is why I don't see the point in celebrating. How long will it be before there's a new villain for us to worry about or someone to replace Bin Laden? They looked to him as a hero and now probably they think of him as a martyr. Even in history when tyrannical leaders get removed from situations things don't get better right away because they were removed from the situation. It's like you said random acts of violence and pure chaos.

I'm happy the guy is dead doesn't mean I'm going to start a march and start a big bone fire so I can throw the Qur'an into something while wearing a shirt that says death to Iran.
BlackRoija wrote:Cut your hair and worship Jesus

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Wed May 4th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Azrael wrote:Fuck anybody that feels sensitive about that camel fucker getting murdered.
USA! USA! USA!
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Wed May 4th, 2011, 2:25 pm

badcarburetor wrote:
Azrael wrote:Fuck anybody that feels sensitive about that camel fucker getting murdered.
USA! USA! USA!
I'm not even that pro 'merica, but when a bunch of poeple are just minding their own buisness, workin' and shit, and some fuck hole kills the shit outta them for a "Holy War", that's just fucked. They should have kept him alive and let his asshole be ravaged over and over by a horny ass camel, until he bled to death from his own blown out camel jizz filled ass.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Wed May 4th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Azrael wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
USA! USA! USA!
I'm not even that pro 'merica, but when a bunch of poeple are just minding their own buisness, workin' and shit, and some fuck hole kills the shit outta them for a "Holy War", that's just fucked. They should have kept him alive and let his asshole be ravaged over and over by a horny ass camel, until he bled to death from his own blown out camel jizz filled ass.
:lol:

this!

SlashAndThrash

Post by SlashAndThrash » Wed May 4th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Its a pretty safe bet that anyone denouncing celebrations of Osama's death is someone that I probably wouldn't care about.

all this shit, is retarded. the dude was an awful mass murderer. I guess the ewoks shouldn't have cheered when the death star got blown up either, you know, cause that was too savage. suck my dick.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed May 4th, 2011, 3:37 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:I guess the ewoks shouldn't have cheered when the death star got blown up either, you know, cause that was too savage.
this is the only argument that matters.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Wed May 4th, 2011, 3:49 pm

SlashAndThrash wrote:I guess the ewoks shouldn't have cheered when the death star got blown up either, you know, cause that was too savage. suck my dick.
pretty sure 99.9% of the workers on the death star were just conscripted government employees working for a paycheck to feed their kids. huge battle facilities can't run without administrators, janitors, technicians, etc. and the fact that thousands of ordinary workers doing what they were told got blown to smithereens for the wills of a few dickhead military men (whose direct negative effect on the star systems is never really clearly explained in the movies at all aside from a couple specific instances in a demonstration of power, i.e. Alderaan's blowing-up but again only at the command of a certain Tarkin) I don't see as really a best-case solution

but it's cool, I don't give a fuck about people with different views from my own either.

I do think though that some people are confusing "sympathy for Bin Laden" with "distate for the celebration of violence". I doubt anyone has sympathy for the guy. Dude deserved to die. I'm not concerned about that. What bothers me is that a "this is what we have to do" situation becomes a "hell yeah this rules this is what we want to do" situation

I don't party every time a serial killer is given a lethal injection or when a fetus is aborted. I think these things should be done in certain cases, but I don't celebrate that they have to. Ideally we wouldn't have to do it at all. When we can effectively end conflicts without bloodshed (something we can't even do WITH it) then I'll celebrate.

BlackRoija
WREKage Staff

Post by BlackRoija » Wed May 4th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Azrael wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:
USA! USA! USA!
maybe you should consider the same when we bomb buildings in the middle-east at night when the only people who receive the direct consequence of a violent death are janitors and night shift workers.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed May 4th, 2011, 3:57 pm

BlackRoija wrote: I don't party every time a serial killer is given a lethal injection or when a fetus is aborted. I think these things should be done in certain cases, but I don't celebrate that they have to. Ideally we wouldn't have to do it at all. When we can effectively end conflicts without bloodshed (something we can't even do WITH it) then I'll celebrate.
Nobody else parties for the serial killers or aborted fetuses, either. That comparison makes zero sense.

You make it sound like every alcohol-poisoned frat bro (how many did you see at Tech this past Monday, by the way?) is celebrating the sheer force of violence. Is it not possible that people are celebrating because it's one symbolic step closer to peace (at least for the US)? I think it's much more likely and reasonable that people are celebrating that someone who has affected their lives in a very negative way, whether directly or indirectly, is gone.

Is it wrong for people to celebrate when their country wins a war too?

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Wed May 4th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Everything BlackRoija said just pisses me the fuck off.
Last edited by Azrael on Wed May 4th, 2011, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Wed May 4th, 2011, 4:01 pm

And really, we can't cease conflicts even with bloodshed? Have you ever heard of the Civil War? The American Revolution? Almost every war in the history of the world? Just because our actions over the past decade haven't had the best outcomes does not mean it's historically a failed method.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Wed May 4th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Fuck the middle east, and fuck anyone that makes smart ass smug little college kid liberal panty waste social comments.