List your current favorite beer and review it.

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

spice

Post by spice » Sat March 6th, 2010, 11:42 am

Diana wrote:
spice wrote:for what it's worth, we have also determined absolut pear vodka and capt morgan's spiced rum with lime to be borderline undrinkable.
Any of that Absolut Pear that you need to unload, I will gladly take it off your hands. That shit is delisssssshhhh.

And LOL @ chefs getting fired. Does that happen a lot? Like do they have big ass hissy fits and throw the crème brûlée across the room and swan out? Awesome.
some of them have hissy, throw things, etc, the others have just sat in the office and put in a meandering 20hrs a week. we actually have a good one now. i've been offered the job 3 or 4 times, but between the office people, the club members, the board of directors and the fact that shit runs uphill as well as downhill, i am enjoying my place right in the middle where i can step out of the way.

we are having an st patrick's day thing, so i will have to test some more brews, sigh.
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."-Jerry Garcia

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Sun March 7th, 2010, 10:07 pm

spice wrote:
Holiday Rambler wrote:I used to serve and tend bar at a private tennis club. I definitely "tested the spirits to ensure quality" too, usually 5-6 times a shift. Just to be thorough.
the sacrifices we make for our jobs.
:lol: dude that's awesome

I've been drinking Guinness alot lately. Only thing that sucks about it is since it;s so heavy, it makes me full and then I can't drink a whole lot lol
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon March 8th, 2010, 10:07 am

Metalfreak wrote:I've been drinking Guinness alot lately. Only thing that sucks about it is since it;s so heavy, it makes me full and then I can't drink a whole lot lol
That's a one-two punch, actually: it is also low in alcohol.

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Mon March 8th, 2010, 1:40 pm

That 57th Fighter Squadron place wasn't too bad. I REALLY liked the decor and environment. Food was not quite what I was expecting for the money.

However, I *will* be back to frequent their bar (and maybe throw in some sweet-ass Beavis hip-gyrations on the dancefloor) since it's RIGHT down the goddammed street.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon March 8th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Holiday Rambler wrote:That 57th Fighter Squadron place wasn't too bad. I REALLY liked the decor and environment. Food was not quite what I was expecting for the money.

However, I *will* be back to frequent their bar (and maybe throw in some sweet-ass Beavis hip-gyrations on the dancefloor) since it's RIGHT down the goddammed street.
glad you like it! The decor is my favorite thing about that place. Yeah like I said the food can be pricey but it's not ridiculous like it was.

We all should meet up there one night for a drink or some shit. 8)

Strange

Post by Strange » Tue March 9th, 2010, 12:13 am

Metalfreak wrote:
I've been drinking Guinness alot lately. Only thing that sucks about it is since it;s so heavy, it makes me full and then I can't drink a whole lot lol
Guiness is like a meal in a glass!

Next time order a Guiness and a Bass. Pour half of each into a glass (black and tan) and then use it to chase shots of whiskey. Rinse, repeat, enjoy!
Let the joyous celebrations of Hell begin!

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Thu March 11th, 2010, 9:50 am

My exp w/ Guinness is the complete opposite. The more I drink, the lighter it becomes and the more the flavor changes from chocolate to honey to milk and then I'm tossed.
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Strange

Post by Strange » Thu March 11th, 2010, 10:24 am

VOEGTLIN wrote:My exp w/ Guinness is the complete opposite. The more I drink, the lighter it becomes and the more the flavor changes from chocolate to honey to milk and then I'm tossed.
I think Guiness tastes like burnt toast and chocolate milk.

Breakfast of champions!

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu March 11th, 2010, 10:53 am

Haha yeah no matter what, I just can't seem to drink more than 2 guinnesses in one sitting...I'll sswitch over to something else at that point.

@Strange- maybe I'll try that!

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Thu March 11th, 2010, 11:00 am

I looooooovvvves the Guinness. In fact, it was the only thing I drank, for years. I finally had to join the Passport Club at Taco Mac, just to spice things up a little bit.

I'd agree with you, Vo. It starts out with a honey and chocolate taste and then mellows from there.

Of course, I guess all beer does. I remember drinking a shitload of Michelob Ultra one night. (It was what my friend brought to the party.) As the night progressed, I didn't really even notice the (lack of) taste. Until I was forced to switch, because we ran out. I picked a Bass. Holy shift-change.

VOEGTLIN

Post by VOEGTLIN » Thu March 11th, 2010, 11:31 am

It's the single greatest alcoholic beverage ever created bar none. I like a lot of beers, but I love Guinness.

Years ago at the No Fun Fest in NYC, I drank over $80 worth of it. Hmm. How many pints was that? I dunno. Maybe $5 or $6 a pint and some tip thrown in. Do the math... St Patty's Day and Wolf Eyes are a bad combination. A truly epic drunk.

There's a great story about John Fahey and Guinness floating around the Internetz. Something about downing 50 pints and then playing a three hour set. I'd love to hear a recording if one exists.
Chaos wrote: hell satan
ScreamBloodyGore wrote:Not many people know this, but other bands play, Manowar kills.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Thu March 11th, 2010, 2:20 pm

VOEGTLIN wrote: There's a great story about John Fahey and Guinness floating around the Internetz. Something about downing 50 pints and then playing a three hour set. I'd love to hear a recording if one exists.
holy shit! I bet it was sloppy as hell but everyone was so drunk they didn't care :lol:

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Fri March 12th, 2010, 2:02 am

Metalfreak wrote:
VOEGTLIN wrote: There's a great story about John Fahey and Guinness floating around the Internetz. Something about downing 50 pints and then playing a three hour set. I'd love to hear a recording if one exists.
holy shit! I bet it was sloppy as hell but everyone was so drunk they didn't care :lol:
Maybe he's like Peter Griffin playing the piano....a true master, but only when he's piss-drunk. :lol:

spice

Post by spice » Fri March 12th, 2010, 10:02 am

VOEGTLIN wrote:It's the single greatest alcoholic beverage ever created bar none.
i couldn't agree more. outside of guinness, i have been very happy with the magic hat brewery.
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."-Jerry Garcia

Strange

Post by Strange » Fri March 12th, 2010, 10:41 am

WREKage-Paul wrote:Maybe he's like Peter Griffin playing the piano....a true master, but only when he's piss-drunk. :lol:
Ah...the Prime Mover approach.

:D