open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Matt

cheap beer

Post by Matt » Mon November 14th, 2005, 5:18 am

i love cheap beer, fuck expensive beer

necroodin

Post by necroodin » Mon November 14th, 2005, 6:24 am

I'll bet you pay for your PBR in change!

Pass the jack & cokes.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Mon November 14th, 2005, 8:24 am

There are a lot of things about GA Tech that suck, but we have an excellent place to buy cheap booze at - Rocky Mountain.

$3 rum and cokes and $1.50 bottles of Miller Lite all day every day - if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper than that let me know because I want to start hanging out there instead. Being drunk by 1 in the afternoon on a day you have classes for less than $10 kicks ass.

Holiday Rambler

Post by Holiday Rambler » Mon November 14th, 2005, 11:35 am

Miller Lite used to be $2 at The Local. Now it's $2.75. That small increase, taken over the course of a year, in volume, really cuts into my hobby money.

I may have to hang out at these 'college bar' establishments.

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon November 14th, 2005, 11:41 am

Greg wrote:There are a lot of things about GA Tech that suck, but we have an excellent place to buy cheap booze at - Rocky Mountain.

$3 rum and cokes and $1.50 bottles of Miller Lite all day every day - if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper than that let me know because I want to start hanging out there instead. Being drunk by 1 in the afternoon on a day you have classes for less than $10 kicks ass.
lol that's the cheapest I've seen it!

if the beer tastes good I'll drink it...expensive or cheap. (expensive-Heinekien; cheap- PBR) If it tastes like shit, I'm not drinikng it! (anything that says "ice" on it, it's like drinking oil! Ice House inparticular)

andyb

Post by andyb » Mon November 14th, 2005, 3:14 pm

all beer makes me gag... sadly im a liquor guy.... and sadly, once i have about 3 shots of jager.... i blink, and i just had my 12th shot, and my fuckin bill is 80 goddamn bucks. i really need to learn moderation.
hope you all fucking rot

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon November 14th, 2005, 8:09 pm

necroodin wrote:I'll bet you pay for your PBR in change!

Pass the jack & cokes.

hahahahah

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue November 15th, 2005, 9:50 am

andyb wrote:all beer makes me gag... sadly im a liquor guy.... and sadly, once i have about 3 shots of jager.... i blink, and i just had my 12th shot, and my fuckin bill is 80 goddamn bucks. i really need to learn moderation.
yeah Jager is good! so is Absinthe! you gotta be careful with absinthe though or else you'll wind up puking all over yourself in a black out...

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Tue November 15th, 2005, 2:35 pm

Metalfreak wrote:
andyb wrote:all beer makes me gag... sadly im a liquor guy.... and sadly, once i have about 3 shots of jager.... i blink, and i just had my 12th shot, and my fuckin bill is 80 goddamn bucks. i really need to learn moderation.
yeah Jager is good! so is Absinthe! you gotta be careful with absinthe though or else you'll wind up puking all over yourself in a black out...
How the hell did you get Absinthe?
Or did you go out of the country?

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Tue November 15th, 2005, 2:45 pm

A friend of mine brought some back from Germany and we tried just shooting it, which did nothing out of the ordinary other than making us wretch at how awful it tastes (like rotten licorice). We then tried doing all that sugar/spoon-with-holes/mix it until it's white stuff, it got us pretty drunk but there was no hallucinogenic stuff happening. We sure as hell weren't seeing any green fairies either. The wormwood and anise in it is supposed to make you see stuff but it didn't work for us.

I'll just stick with what I know works and what I can get from right around the corner.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Tue November 15th, 2005, 2:56 pm

I think to get the hallucination effects from Absinth the trick is to drink a little bit each night and after a few days you'll feel it. I brought a good size bottle back from Czech, but I couldn't drink it more than 3 nights in a row. It tastes like ass, so unless it'll make me stronger or make my penis bigger or something, I'll keep wondering.

andyb

Post by andyb » Tue November 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm

lsd is so much easier.
hope you all fucking rot

BurialRitesRawkStar

Post by BurialRitesRawkStar » Tue November 15th, 2005, 7:49 pm

holly wrote:How the hell did you get Absinthe?
You can actually order it off the internet and have it mailed to your house. Try http://www.seborabsinth.com....as others have already said this stuff is not the best tasting drink in the world.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Tue November 15th, 2005, 8:11 pm

BurialRitesRawkStar wrote:
holly wrote:How the hell did you get Absinthe?
You can actually order it off the internet and have it mailed to your house. Try http://www.seborabsinth.com....as others have already said this stuff is not the best tasting drink in the world.
If it sucks and there are no green fairies, I'm pretty damn reluctant...
:(

NOT TO MENTION THAT IT IS FUCKING $97 WHEN YOU CONVERT IT FROM POUNDS.
FUCK!

Michael

Post by Michael » Tue November 15th, 2005, 9:25 pm

Greg wrote:A friend of mine brought some back from Germany and we tried just shooting it, which did nothing out of the ordinary other than making us wretch at how awful it tastes (like rotten licorice). We then tried doing all that sugar/spoon-with-holes/mix it until it's white stuff, it got us pretty drunk but there was no hallucinogenic stuff happening. We sure as hell weren't seeing any green fairies either. The wormwood and anise in it is supposed to make you see stuff but it didn't work for us.

I'll just stick with what I know works and what I can get from right around the corner.
Friend of mine was drinking absinthe and swore that he had angels cutting him. He had instead been cutting himself with plastic scissors and left huge cuts all over his arms.