HAHA Adema signed to Earache

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

TheKshatriya

Post by TheKshatriya » Thu July 29th, 2004, 11:00 pm

Earache is proud to announce its newest signing: Adema.
Hailing from Bakersfield, California, Adema exploded onto the Modern Rock scene in 2001 with the release of their self-titled debut on Arista Records. The
first two singles, "Giving In" and "The Way You Like It", were Modern Rock radio hits that pushed Adema to near-platinum sales status. The Bakersfield quintet's instantaneous fan base was cemented by an almost unheard-of coup - landing on the main stage of the 2001-2 Ozzfest merely on the strength of their first cd. Adema stayed on the road for more than a year, touring with the likes of Linkin Park, Drowning Pool, and Disturbed. A review of Adema's debut in London's prestigious NME raved: "Adema's visceral, artfully succinct rock punch comes brilliantly wrapped in killer whistleable tunes." Rolling Stone wrote: "Moody, hard and melodic, a creative palette of soaring solos, singing lines and textures.

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Thu July 29th, 2004, 11:32 pm

When I saw that, it really raised an eyebrow. <_< However, it's beginning to make sense now though. Morbid Angel has already proclaimed their independece from Earache. However, today Earache has claimed they still have the right to resign Morbid Angel. From what I've read, Morbid Angel wants to be a free agent in the worst way. Has Earache deciced to focus on a different type of....uh...."music"? :m0nk3yp33:

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri July 30th, 2004, 8:52 am

Dan, I think you may see a change of heart from MorbidAngel. See, Trey is gay, m'kay? <a href='http://www.genitorturers.com/terrorvisi ... chains.jpg' target='_blank'>David</a> too for that matter (is that not blaringly obvious now - he's on the left in the photo link). I have it on good authority that in the early days, when the morbidangel bus was a rockin you'd better not be knockin.

I think the label should officially change their name to Assache.

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Fri July 30th, 2004, 9:52 am

I always thought David was married to Gen of the Genitorturers, and that was a big reason why he left Morbid Angel to join them. Was he married to her at all?

And Trey? :o

Fn Dan

Post by Fn Dan » Fri July 30th, 2004, 11:38 am

I met Trey after their show at Earthlink this past spring, and I didn't notice any gay tendencies. If he's gay, he's certainly not flamming. He just seemed like a pretty normal guy to me. He took time out to talk to the fans, which I thought was cool (he simply stepped offstage and talked to whoever came up). You talked to him too, didn't you Dan? Did you notice anything? If Trey is gay, he hides it really well.

One thing I think is absolutely silly though, is when death metal vocalists, i.e. Steve Tucker, talk to the crowd in between songs in their "death metal" voice. Everytime he said something, I just wanted to laugh. It just seems really cartoonish to me, to try to speak in that voice. I love the way Mikael Akerfeldt speaks to the audience. If Mikael were born in this country about 50 years ago, he could have definitely been a member of the rat pack! :sm0k3: :ch33rs:

BlazeTSU
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by BlazeTSU » Fri July 30th, 2004, 1:24 pm

trey isnt' gay.......he is married and all he does is play guitar and video games........gay people aren't married, gay guys don't play the guitar(gay girls do though) and gay people don't play video ga(y)mes.

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri July 30th, 2004, 2:34 pm

these were stories from Tampa people that knew them. Granted, this was from back in the late 80s/early 90s too so it's possible they were going thru a phase :huh:
You may doubt me on Trey but look at David Vincent for cryin out loud - look at his beard, I mean wife. If you don't like the term gay then you can just say that these guys were very "sexually adventurous"...

...not that there's anything wrong with that!

WuDi, w/o competition

Post by WuDi, w/o competition » Fri July 30th, 2004, 7:59 pm

Sure that Stevie didn't just have vocal strain? It's not easy, y'know...

Andy

Post by Andy » Sat July 31st, 2004, 3:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 30 2004, 08:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob @ Jul 30 2004, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dan, I think you may see a change of heart from MorbidAngel. See, Trey is gay, m'kay? <a href='http://www.genitorturers.com/terrorvisi ... chains.jpg' target='_blank'>David</a> too for that matter (is that not blaringly obvious now - he's on the left in the photo link). I have it on good authority that in the early days, when the morbidangel bus was a rockin you'd better not be knockin.

I think the label should officially change their name to Assache. [/quote]
I thought his name was darley. :b0unc3y:

ratanda
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by ratanda » Sat July 31st, 2004, 10:21 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Fn Dan+Jul 30 2004, 11:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fn Dan @ Jul 30 2004, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You talked to him too, didn't you Dan? Did you notice anything? If Trey is gay, he hides it really well. [/quote]
I never claimed to have good gaydar.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Sat July 31st, 2004, 12:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-BlazeTSU+Jul 30 2004, 02:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlazeTSU @ Jul 30 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> gay people aren't married, [/quote]
They are in Massachussetts :wh4cky:

He can't be any gayer than Rob Halford... how did it take the rest of the world almost 30 years to figure out he was gay?

DarkWolfen

Post by DarkWolfen » Wed August 4th, 2004, 1:20 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Greg+Jul 31 2004, 12:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Greg @ Jul 31 2004, 12:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-BlazeTSU+Jul 30 2004, 02:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlazeTSU &#064; Jul 30 2004, 02:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> gay people aren't married, [/quote]
They are in Massachussetts :wh4cky:

He can't be any gayer than Rob Halford... how did it take the rest of the world almost 30 years to figure out he was gay? [/quote]
How did we not hear the meaning in Living After Midnight? If you notice everyone after Halford came out, that was a Judas Priest fan was all of a sudden a Maiden fan. Here's the only thing that fits this conversation, which won't be much surprising. :m3t4l:

I Like Goils

Forget the jar of Vaseline
Hey rich-bitch boy I'm not gonna be your queen
And yeah,
You can drool, beg me and hope
There's no damn way I'm playing drop the soap
OK,
I know I'm strange but I ain't no queer
So take your rage and disappear
But I'm proud not to be PC
'Cause -

I like goils
Bad goils all over this world

Now I don't know whose ass you've licked
No shit-tongued boy will ever taste my dick
He says:
"How 'bout no sex - we'll just be friends"
Hey no thanks Pal, I'll stick to lesbians
You're right
A sexist pig, I guess it's true
(I hate all men including you)
I don't care what you think of me
'Cause -

I like goils

I'm quite flattered that you think I'm cute
But I don't deal well with compacted poop
So look,
If my views make you annoyed
You're just jealous I don't have hemorrhoids
So now,
To make it clear that you can't bone me
My tattooed ass reads "exit only"
I don't care much for sodomy
'Cause -

I like goils

:lol:

BoB

Post by BoB » Fri August 13th, 2004, 9:15 am

Haha - Steve Tucker has left MorbidAngel - EvilD will be returning to cover some already scheduled shows (can they now be called something like "Flaming Angel"?). Tucker was very diplomatic about his leaving - sounds like a 'don't ask don't tell' kinda stance with the rest of the band.... ;)

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Mon August 16th, 2004, 2:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bob+Jul 30 2004, 02:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob &#064; Jul 30 2004, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> these were stories from Tampa people that knew them.&nbsp; Granted, this was from back in the late 80s/early 90s too so it's possible they were going thru a phase&nbsp; :huh:
You may doubt me on Trey but look at David Vincent for cryin out loud - look at his beard, I mean wife.&nbsp; If you don't like the term gay then you can just say that these guys were very "sexually adventurous"...

...not that there's anything wrong with that! [/quote]
Holy shit! My friend Sean was telling me about that about a year ago. He said his friend was trying out for Morbid Angel and that he heard screams(from guys) coming from one of the bedrooms. The late 80's early 90's sounds about right.

back on the topic - I think it's funny that Earache signed Adema.
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

soulvoid

Post by soulvoid » Mon August 30th, 2004, 6:36 pm

So let me get this straight , Adema on Earache?
Well , I did some what half ass respect that label.
Either way they suck , before or after Earache.
However the labels name is fitting , cause I get
an earache when I subjected to them. Kinda fits! :ch41n: