whats everyone currently listening to????

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Fri April 30th, 2010, 12:39 pm

V-GER wrote:The songs I think are brutal as fuck
Now that is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri April 30th, 2010, 12:48 pm

Knucklehead wrote:
V-GER wrote:The songs I think are brutal as fuck
Now that is exactly what I wanted to hear.
Me too. And as far as this goes:
Knucklehead wrote: lost it, knows they lost it, and is trying to regain what they had
...that's pretty much what I heard.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Fri April 30th, 2010, 1:27 pm

V-GER wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
sleyja wrote:It’s a slower album that I expected.
Huh. I thought that this was supposed to be a "return to form." Of course, that phrase usually means that the band has lost it, knows they lost it, and is trying to regain what they had. IMHO.
Probably the interludes cause this. The songs I think are brutal as fuck, listen to When I was Flesh. Has a real creep factor also! And Psalm 7:77 rules!!!
Yeah. Those songs are great and it is brutal, yet still, overall a good chunk of it still feels a bit mid-tempo to me. I don' t think "they've lost it". I actually like it a lot.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Fri April 30th, 2010, 8:22 pm

I've been listening to a lot of Misfits too after a short hiatus -- "Angelfuck" came up on shuffle two days ago and I've been hooked.

Aside from that, not a whole lot until I get settled in at my new place and my computer is set up, but Blind Guardian seems to be popping up a whole lot on shuffle. and Blind Guardian fucking rules.

Diana

Post by Diana » Sat May 1st, 2010, 7:08 am

sleyja wrote:Yeah. Those songs are great and it is brutal, yet still, overall a good chunk of it still feels a bit mid-tempo to me. I don' t think "they've lost it". I actually like it a lot.
Do you have the liner notes? Are you seeing this?

"Velcome to An Evening Vith 1349. Please have some vine and enjoy the piano recital. The seance vill begin momentarily." I really wish I could see the rest of this shoot.

So: The songs are indeed brutal, and the interludes are really short and therefore do not bother me. I could do without the piano, but that's just me and there's not a whole lot of it. I don't think the drums are horribly muted but I might feel differently in my car instead of at my desk at work with these shitty headphones. And I love the artwork. And the photo. So I'm happy.

sleyja

Post by sleyja » Sat May 1st, 2010, 6:11 pm

Diana wrote:
sleyja wrote:
"Velcome to An Evening Vith 1349. Please have some vine and enjoy the piano recital. The seance vill begin momentarily." I really wish I could see the rest of this shoot.

So: The songs are indeed brutal, and the interludes are really short and therefore do not bother me. I could do without the piano, but that's just me and there's not a whole lot of it. I don't think the drums are horribly muted but I might feel differently in my car instead of at my desk at work with these shitty headphones. And I love the artwork. And the photo. So I'm happy.
Haha. Cool.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat May 1st, 2010, 6:14 pm

Diana wrote: "Velcome to An Evening Vith 1349. Please have some vine and enjoy the piano recital. The seance vill begin momentarily." I really wish I could see the rest of this shoot.
That is funny as hell.
Diana wrote: God damn fuckin shit
The Crawling Chaos

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Sat May 1st, 2010, 10:29 pm

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME WHAT IS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

Jinglepup

Post by Jinglepup » Sun May 2nd, 2010, 6:23 am

Diana wrote:
sleyja wrote:Yeah. Those songs are great and it is brutal, yet still, overall a good chunk of it still feels a bit mid-tempo to me. I don' t think "they've lost it". I actually like it a lot.
Do you have the liner notes? Are you seeing this?

And all this time I thought Corpse Paint had gone out around the time people stopped saying, "Cool beans." :lol:
I mourn as and with DarkWolfen as our metal hero is gone. :(

"You're Hindu? I didn't think there were any Hindus in Snellville. What, what did I say wrong?"-Me

Diana

Post by Diana » Sun May 2nd, 2010, 9:12 am

Jinglepup wrote:And all this time I thought Corpse Paint had gone out around the time people stopped saying, "Cool beans." :lol:
I hope it never goes out. If there's one thing I respect it's commitment to the bit, and painting your face up just to hang out at a ski lodge with the boys is true -- wait tr00 -- commitment. :twisted:

ScreamBloodyGore

Post by ScreamBloodyGore » Mon May 3rd, 2010, 2:01 am

Kerasphorus - Cloven Hooves at the Holocaust Dawn

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon May 3rd, 2010, 2:13 am

Ghoul - Splatterthrash
Bloodfreak - Multiplex Massacre
Frightmare - Bringing Back the Bloodshed

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Mon May 3rd, 2010, 2:15 am

Diana wrote:
Apparantly 1349 has a candle powered spotlight.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon May 3rd, 2010, 8:19 am

Azrael wrote:Ghoul - Splatterthrash
Bloodfreak - Multiplex Massacre
Frightmare - Bringing Back the Bloodshed
nice. putting those cd's to good use i see!
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Mon May 3rd, 2010, 10:19 am

Metallica -- Kill 'Em All

I'm not quite sure what to make of the 1349 photo. And what exactly is over Ravn's left shoulder? Is that The Gimp?