whats everyone currently listening to????

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Mon November 1st, 2010, 9:22 pm

Sonic Ritual - S/T - totally badass thrashin' skate punk, like Vio-lence covering Agent Orange minus the surf. Or something.

Pantera - Vulgar Display - I only came around to this band in the last year in spite of having seen them live back in the early 90s. Phil was always too much of a second rate Rollins and their fans were such dimwitted rednecks. Now I dig 'em, though.

Amour - Sonichouse Tapes - Check this out, STAT.

Venom - Welcome to Hell

Samhain - November Coming Fire

Joanna Dean - Misbehavin'

DRI - Thrash Zone

Dag Nasty - Four on the Floor and Can I Say

Cockney Rejects - The Greatest Cockney Rip-Off

Carcass - Swansong - Never listned to this before. Love it.

Slough Feg - Ape Uprising - Someone fill me in on this insanity, please.

Death Breath - EVERYTHING

Biters - It's OK to Like Biters
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Mon November 1st, 2010, 10:06 pm

MS_39455 wrote:Grave Upheaval - '09 Demo
This demo KILLS.

Brian
WREKage Staff

Post by Brian » Mon November 1st, 2010, 10:19 pm

AFI - All Hallows EP
AFI - Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes
Against Me! - As the Eternal Cowboy
Dark Fortress - Seance
Devandra Banhart - What Will We Be
Electric Wizard - Black Masses
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
Samhain - November Coming Fire
Wold - Screech Owl

Moloc

Post by Moloc » Mon November 1st, 2010, 11:11 pm

Blood Tsunami - Castle of Skulls
Forgery - Raw by War
Manngard - Horror Dimentia
She Said Destroy - Shapeshifter
Wynjara - Feast of Fools

All from Nocturnal Art Records

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 6:23 am

badcarburetor wrote:Sonic Ritual - S/T - totally badass thrashin' skate punk, like Vio-lence covering Agent Orange minus the surf. Or something.

Pantera - Vulgar Display - I only came around to this band in the last year in spite of having seen them live back in the early 90s. Phil was always too much of a second rate Rollins and their fans were such dimwitted rednecks. Now I dig 'em, though.
that sonic ritual sounds sick, need to check that out. do you like ANS? seems like it would be comparable.

also, for pantera you need to check out cowboys from hell if you haven't yet. my favorite from them by far as it mixes all the heaviness of the later records with a good dose of 80's thrash sound. shattered, heresy, and the art of shredding take the cake. i will never be ashamed to love pantera.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

badcarburetor

Post by badcarburetor » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 8:15 am

Ryan wrote:
badcarburetor wrote:Sonic Ritual - S/T - totally badass thrashin' skate punk, like Vio-lence covering Agent Orange minus the surf. Or something.

that sonic ritual sounds sick, need to check that out. do you like ANS? seems like it would be comparable.

also, for pantera you need to check out cowboys from hell if you haven't yet. my favorite from them by far as it mixes all the heaviness of the later records with a good dose of 80's thrash sound. shattered, heresy, and the art of shredding take the cake. i will never be ashamed to love pantera.
ANS is rad, but sounds nothing like Sonic Ritual, yet both seem like they'd be great soundtracks to a half pipe. Where ANS is crisp and tight, Sonic Ritual is loose and flowing, if that makes any sense. Sort of a DRI vs Nasty Savage kind of vibe. I'd love to Sonic Ritual play with Christian Mistress, there's kind a similar vibe between the two where both can play and write catchy, fast songs.

I listened to Pantera very early on and have off and on over the years. I'm pretty familiar with most of their catalog. They were just always an after thought to me. It's not like I'm spinning them all the time now, but I'm not super annoyed by their schtick and their fans anymore.
"God created the devil? At least he did *something* cool." Homer J. Simpson

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 8:52 am

Never cared for Pantera.

Marduk -- Those of the Unlight
Mayhem -- DMDS

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 9:28 am

badcarburetor wrote:
Ryan wrote:

ANS is rad, but sounds nothing like Sonic Ritual, yet both seem like they'd be great soundtracks to a half pipe. Where ANS is crisp and tight, Sonic Ritual is loose and flowing, if that makes any sense. Sort of a DRI vs Nasty Savage kind of vibe. I'd love to Sonic Ritual play with Christian Mistress, there's kind a similar vibe between the two where both can play and write catchy, fast songs.

I listened to Pantera very early on and have off and on over the years. I'm pretty familiar with most of their catalog. They were just always an after thought to me. It's not like I'm spinning them all the time now, but I'm not super annoyed by their schtick and their fans anymore.
ah yeah, the fans are def the worst part. i've always found their schtick tolerable because the music riiiiiips. you have intrigued me even further in regards to sonic ritual, i'll have to find it when i get home.

edit*
also, i cannot get enough of PLF - Swarming Industrial Cancer. it's just as raw and pummeling as their newer stuff but just a tad slower which really brings out the mid tempo thrash/mosh parts as opposed to them going by so fast that you can't fully appreciate them. if you like grind ala terrorizer, repulsion, FETO-era napalm death or mid tempo thrashing ala Violent Restitution era Razor and early Metallica/Anthrax at all i highly recommend it. i'll try to find a DL link but blogs are blocked at my work :(
Last edited by Ryan on Tue November 2nd, 2010, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://spewtilator.bandcamp.com">SPEWTILATOR</a> - Badass motherfuckin' street cops with nothing to lose who don't play by the rules and are out for blood.
Tricalibur wrote:I am looking for Skullcrusher and Dynamo.

MS_39455
AtlantaMetal Staff

Post by MS_39455 » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 9:34 am

Kurt wrote:
MS_39455 wrote:Grave Upheaval - '09 Demo
This demo KILLS.
Brian was kind enough to lend me the tape wich I immediately dubbed upon the first listen. Recently learned of an upcoming four way split with Aethyrvorous, Profaner, and Impetuous Ritual (the other awesome Portal offshoot).

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 5:08 pm

Yes, and both Aethyrvorous' and Profaner's demos were highlights of the year as well. Not to mention the devastating Impetuous Ritual album. That split should be monumental.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue November 2nd, 2010, 11:40 pm

Led Zeppelin - S/T
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Eyehategod - Dopesick
Down - Over the Under
Crowbar - S/T
Deftones - White Pony
Leechmilk - Guilty of Sloth
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill

that sums up the majority of the albums ive jammed to within the past few days.
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Doomed Youth

Post by Doomed Youth » Wed November 3rd, 2010, 3:07 am

WARFARE - Pure Filth

Darkness - Death Squad

V-GER

Post by V-GER » Wed November 3rd, 2010, 8:27 am

BAD RELIGION: Against The Grain
BAD RELIGION: 80-85
BAD RELIGION: All Ages
BAD RELIGION: No Substance
BAD RELIGION: The New America
CYPRESS HILL: Skull and Bones

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed November 3rd, 2010, 9:30 pm

Danzig - Lucifuge
Disavowed - Perceptive Deception
your church was turned into an abortion clinic and we use it all the time... sluts!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu November 4th, 2010, 5:46 am

alice in chains - dirt
misery index/mumakil - ruling class canceled split
vision of disorder - s/t
seance - fornever laid to rest
entombed - left hand path
cavity - on the lam