WREkag Playlists (1999-2003)

open forum for any and all conversations

Moderators: Brian, Metalfreak, MS_39455, AtlantaMetal Staff

Jane Doe

WREkag Playlists (1999-2003)

Post by Jane Doe » Thu January 19th, 2006, 11:42 am

http://home.comcast.net/~pellaz/wrekage.html#current

I did a search on google and I found this

Pretty interesting setlists, though questionable bands were played like Bobaflex Godhead and Godsmack?

Chris Masochist

Post by Chris Masochist » Thu January 19th, 2006, 11:58 am

Man, the setlist was better then.

I started listening to WREKage in early '03, I miss the days when they didn't bleep out cuss words. :(

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Thu January 19th, 2006, 12:02 pm

Wrekage got pretty obscene at some points back in the day. I have a lot of shows on tape from like, 1998-2000 in a shoebox somewhere.

Greg
WREKage Staff

Post by Greg » Thu January 19th, 2006, 1:03 pm

Well you can all thank Janet Jackson's saggy plastic tit for us having to make sure we bleep curse words now, since the FCC watches us all a little closer these days.

The playlists over the years have more or less been a reflection of whoever's hosting at the time, which is why some stuff played years ago seems weird now. I remember seeing bands on old playlists like White Zombie and Marilyn Manson who are laughable caricatures of metal bands now, but back then were thought of as heavy fuckin' metal. I think the proliferation of the internet, and thus exposure to hundreds of metal bands in all the different genres that none of us would have heard of otherwise, has helped steer the show away from bands like them or Godsmack ever getting played again.

For example, around 1996 all I knew of in metal was Pantera, Slayer, Korn, White Zombie, and a couple of the Florida death metal bands, when I could have been rocking stuff like Opeth, Emperor, Dimmu, Carcass, Cryptopsy, etc. that I had no idea existed at the time. Thanks to the internet anyone with a pulse who digs metal can get online and discover better music.

By the way in case you didn't know that is Paul's personal website with all that on there, it looks like he needs to update it a little. :lol: He also has a lot of good pictures from most recent shows on his site.

holly
WREKage Staff

Post by holly » Thu January 19th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Chris Masochist wrote:Man, the setlist was better then.

I started listening to WREKage in early '03, I miss the days when they didn't bleep out cuss words. :(
I've been on WREKage since October 03 & we've never played curse words.
& considering bid & Alex ran the show before I did, I really doubt they did either.

AmoebicDysentery

Post by AmoebicDysentery » Fri January 20th, 2006, 11:25 am

A lot of funny shit happened in the Jonathan and Sam days. Kinda funny that both of them are now GOD WARRIORS!!!

I remember back when Kevin was the DJ, he put some girl on the air who called up and she told him "I wanna jerk you off til' your hard" and he says "Til' I'm hard?? What the fuck?! What are you? 12?" and then hung up on her. One of my favorite wrekage moments.

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Tue February 7th, 2006, 2:46 am

Greg wrote: The playlists over the years have more or less been a reflection of whoever's hosting at the time, which is why some stuff played years ago seems weird now. I remember seeing bands on old playlists like White Zombie and Marilyn Manson who are laughable caricatures of metal bands now, but back then were thought of as heavy fuckin' metal. I think the proliferation of the internet, and thus exposure to hundreds of metal bands in all the different genres that none of us would have heard of otherwise, has helped steer the show away from bands like them or Godsmack ever getting played again.
Absolutely. Stop and think where metal would be (or not) today without the Internet...actually, the Web.
By the way in case you didn't know that is Paul's personal website with all that on there, it looks like he needs to update it a little. :lol:
Haha, yeah, ya think? :) Been a while since I looked at those pages, since the link on the WREKage site was removed.
He also has a lot of good pictures from most recent shows on his site.
--Which I'm gonna organize Any Month Now. You'll see. :twisted:

Metalfreak

Post by Metalfreak » Tue February 7th, 2006, 11:12 pm

AmoebicDysentery wrote:A lot of funny shit happened in the Jonathan and Sam days. Kinda funny that both of them are now GOD WARRIORS!!!

I remember back when Kevin was the DJ, he put some girl on the air who called up and she told him "I wanna jerk you off til' your hard" and he says "Til' I'm hard?? What the fuck?! What are you? 12?" and then hung up on her. One of my favorite wrekage moments.
:shock: that's fucked up! :lol:
They had you do a drug test and the forgot to test for drugs???

WREKage-Paul
WREKage Staff

Post by WREKage-Paul » Sat February 11th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Hey, I just realized why that setlist page was so old: it's actually a link to my old Comcast site. I moved from there (and started paying for web-hosting), so here's the actual current (but not really 'current') location:

http://jet13.hasweb.com/~paulcas/wrekage.html

We need to put that logo on a black CafePress t-shirt or something. :)